PDA

View Full Version : Clerk refuses service to Marine, is fired

kentmitchell
01-12-05, 04:38 AM
Sister's email campaign gets the job done.

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/4071942/
detail.html

Koble_USMC
01-12-05, 05:55 AM
Damn straight he should have been fired, hell he should have been hung. How can you refuse service to someone who allows you to work everyday? Damn people.

DSchmitke
01-12-05, 06:52 AM
The store owner did the right thing there. Anyone who refuses to service someone should be fired.

al20852
01-12-05, 07:56 AM
While the original e-mail contains the information, subsequent reports seem to have ignored the fact that the clerk appeared to be of Middle Eastern descent. That is a very relevant fact. Unfortunately you are dealing with a whole different mindset there. Wouldn't be too terribly surpirsed if he had pulled out a gun and tried to shoot the Marine.

Phantom Blooper
01-12-05, 08:10 AM
Demonstrators Picket Store After Marine Refused Service

POSTED: 4:35 pm CST January 11, 2005
UPDATED: 5:59 pm CST January 11, 2005

FORT WORTH, Texas -- Family and friends of a Marine who reportedly was refused service at a Fort Worth convenience store staged a protest at the store Tuesday. The demonstration brought a sense of resolution to family members, according to NBC 5, after the store owner fired the employee who denied the service.

Lance Cpl. Jason Young, who served a tour of duty in Iraq, wore a U.S. Marine Corps shirt when he entered the One Stop Grocery and Grill on 8th Street in Fort Worth. The clerk reportedly asked Young if he were a Marine, and Young said he was. The clerk then walked out from behind the sales counter and did not return, according to reports.

The refusal of service outraged Young's family.

"(We were) very upset that my son has been over in Iraq and served, and he fights for freedoms for people to speak their piece," Vivian Young, Jason Young's mother, said. "I appreciate that, but refusing service in this day and time is not acceptable."

The store owner took action after reports of the refusal became public.

"When we heard about this thing last week, we fired the guy that minute, but we apologized to the mom and everybody," owner Munirah Kabani said.

Namvet67
01-12-05, 08:50 AM
I felt a little like L/Cpl Young when I returned from Vietnam and had to deal with all those hippies in California. I'm sure the store owner only fired the guy because he was losing business.

MillRatUSMC
01-12-05, 09:09 AM
Yes, he only fired that dude because he was going to be losing money.
There many more places that are owned by "Middle Eastern looking men" than we want to admit.
Shades of Vietnam, when I was refused service at a bar, with the words, "I don't serve your kind here!" good, I took my business else where, end of story.

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

seandayley
01-12-05, 09:19 AM
His job as to provide the service of a convenience store clerk and not a protester...If I was the store owner I would have fired him in a second.

JAG5150
01-12-05, 10:09 AM
This is the world that we live in, as Gbudd and MillratUSMC stated earlier, it is like remnants of Vietnam. Not only should this person have been fired, he should be made to give a formal public apology and then be deported back to his home land, what ever sand box it may be.

HardJedi
01-12-05, 10:23 AM
Yeah, umm Jag? you can't depport someone for voicing an unpopular opinion, or protesting something. LOL, sure wish you COULD though. That way we could deport a heck of a lot of liberals and tree huggers and greenpeacers, and Peta, and so on and so forth.

either way, I have always hated that " we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" crap. you don't see it as often anymore, but there are places that still have it.

So does posting a sign like that make it ok to be a stupid racist, or anti-semite?

Toby M
01-12-05, 10:42 AM
These guys have a lot of nerve! I can just imagine what else they are doing here in our country!

The owner probably transferred the clerk to one of his other stores...

JAG5150
01-12-05, 10:44 AM
I guess that depends on which peart of the country you're in. If I get a tattoo that reads I reserve the right to kick your ass does that make it ok when I do it?

Sparrowhawk
01-12-05, 10:48 AM
You better believe the attitude that clerk displayed is the same belief the store owner has.

Munirah Kabani, they should be shut down and sued for discrimination, prejudice.

I turned in two of them that had suspicious activities going on, and both were taken off by the FBI and haven't returned since.

I would venture to say, this store owner is in that same boat.

We have yet, to understand and or acknowledge the enemy among us. This is a prime example.

where can we set up a camp and place them all in that refuse to turn in their former countries passport or have duel citizenship status from a country that does not support our war efforts.

Sh it now, I'm getting irritated, where is this place, anyway... I'm off today....

JAG5150
01-12-05, 10:52 AM
Oh Yeah, a whole site of current and former Jar Heads protesting, I'll bet that they get up and leave uor country on thair own.

If this works, there are a whole lot of 7-11's that we can protest at.

Mr.Rod
01-12-05, 01:24 PM
I'd cover that boss' 6 anyday

HardJedi
01-12-05, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by JAG5150
I guess that depends on which peart of the country you're in. If I get a tattoo that reads I reserve the right to kick your ass does that make it ok when I do it?

LOL, you talking to me? are you taliking to ME? LOL :D

thats pretty funny, but as far as I know, ass kicking is pretty much illegal everywhere( assault and all that ) unfortunatley :D

JAG5150
01-12-05, 04:07 PM
I just figured that if I have a disclaimer on my body, I might be able to get away with a little more, just a thought.

grayshade
01-12-05, 04:26 PM
Ass kicking is illegal? Damn, there goes that idea. Thanks for raining on my parade, Jedi. I guess I'll just get drunk instead. I have some words for that store owner, and that clerk who is probably the owners nephew or cousin, oh well. I suppose cussing someone out is illegal too.