PDA

View Full Version : Graduation

Sullivan
01-11-05, 02:09 AM
My sister-in-law graduates from Parris Island on Friday the14 of 2005. I am proud of her. I am a marine poolee in virginia and I ship out to Parris Island on Aug 5th after I graduate high school. I have herd many stories about basic traning, what should I prepare for the most?

MillRatUSMC
01-11-05, 04:19 AM
First congradulations to your sister-in-law on her graduation from boot camp, joining us in the ranks of The Few.
Next;
Its boot camp against basic training, get the termnology correct or some Drill Instructor will "correct" you big time.
Army does basic training, Marine go through "Boot Camp".
Another thing its Marine with a capital "M" instead of marine.
Go to the Poole' Hall and look up Frequently Asked Questions or FAQ, many has asked that question.
Running, and more running beside working on upper body strenght to start.
Study your General Orders to start, on FAQ there will be answers on what to study.
I have a page on the web that has links and information on boot camp training and units in the Marine Corps
http://www.geocities.com/millrat_99/index.html

Hope some of this helps.

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

Osotogary
01-11-05, 07:01 AM
USMC-Sullivan,
Having the same last name as you I, kinda :), feel a kinship to you. Do exactly what MillRatUSMC has advised and you will be off to a good start.
Good luck to you. Congratulations to your Sister-in Law. Be good to yourself.
Gary

Namvet67
01-11-05, 09:40 AM
MillRatUSMC said it right...there are lots of posts on what to prepare for (in boot camp)...take some time and go to the forums about that subject and read em. Congrats to sister-in-law and good luck to you. Semper Fi

JAG5150
01-11-05, 10:34 AM
In 3 more days we will have more brothers and sisters in our family. No other military branch can say the same, Marine it's not just a job or a title, it is a way of life for life.

Sullivan
01-16-05, 12:07 PM
Thank u all for your input. I can't wait to proudly wear my Eagle,Globe, and Anchor and be in the family!

yellowwing
01-16-05, 12:24 PM
You will be tried and tested beyond anything you have ever imagined. Just keep your heart on the goal. Never giver up, never quit.

Osotogary
01-16-05, 12:39 PM
Good luck to you. Sounds, by your enthusiasm, that you are learning your lessons well including the lessons that you may have learned from this website and other referenced sites. Good for you.