PDA

View Full Version : Had to do it.

JAG5150
01-10-05, 11:00 AM
I came home on Friday night and my 5 year old daughter (Ashleigh) is holding a penny and saying, "every penny counts". I looked at my wife and said, "What the hell is she talking about?" My wife hessitantly said that they were teaching her at school that every penny counts for the relief fund. Called the school this morning and had a talk with the principle, I told him my point of view on the situation. Needless to say, before anything political is taught to my daughter again, it will be cleared through me. I don't know why but I don't think that the principle wants me in his office.

thedrifter
01-10-05, 11:09 AM
I just Love It When the Marine comes out and takes Charge.....;) :D <br />
<br />
<br />
Ellie

Koble_USMC
01-10-05, 11:17 AM
My how schools have forgotten that their job is to teach english, math, and science; not politics.
Jag5150 - 1 ; Daughters School - 0

jinelson
01-10-05, 11:44 AM
You didnt make the principal cry did ya? SIC EM hard

JAG5150
01-10-05, 11:47 AM
You know I think that he is a bleeding heart liberal, for all I know he is crawled up in a corner shivering. I guess that most parents are not involved with their childrens education, my wife and I are very involved. Liza is at the school at least once a week and the principal knows exaxtly who we are.

DSchmitke
01-10-05, 12:34 PM
Go get'em JAG

Namvet67
01-10-05, 12:42 PM
It's hard to be humble when you are a UNITED STATES MARINE

HardJedi
01-10-05, 01:38 PM
well, good for you Jag. Been through the same type of thing MANY times at my daughters school.

Timber
01-10-05, 07:01 PM
If the kids can't pray or say the Pledge of Alligence in school anymore I be da***d if they will be taught politics. Get 'um Jag

yellowwing
01-10-05, 07:33 PM
Whatever the reason, parents should be involved in what is going on in schools. Semper Fi!

Mr.Rod
01-13-05, 12:07 PM
And I thought it was just the school my boys were goin to........dam......foiled again.........but I did raise hell at the school when they were still goin there, enough so that the principle, a fag, resigned at the end of the year.

femalemarine_89
01-13-05, 12:15 PM
You know I have to agree with Jag on this. I think that the schools have gotten way out of touch with what their job is. I do not believe that what is being taught in the schools is something that needs to be taught.. It needs to go back to the way it was way back when.

JAG5150
01-13-05, 12:46 PM
Somebody has to put these people in their place, I just stepped up to the plate. Teach my children what needs to be taught at school, if and when it comes to politics, I'll teach them, same as sex-ed.

femalemarine_89
01-13-05, 12:47 PM
I agree with you 150% Jag. I think the school system is sticking their nose where it dont belong

Mr.Rod
01-13-05, 12:52 PM
The question I have is Why make it mandatory for our kids to HAVE to learn a different language before they graduate? The last time i checked this was still America. People want to live in this country need to learn OUR language, not the other way around. As far as history goes, most of that is bullcrap cause it's been proved wrong and revamped from when we went to school. This school system needs to stick to reading, writing, math and ENGLISH, period.

JAG5150
01-13-05, 12:59 PM
This is turning into the united states of the World, I want my good ol USA.

femalemarine_89
01-13-05, 01:00 PM
If that isnt the truth there Jag.. I am glad that you did what you did.. I am sure not alot of parents do stick up to the school like that. I think more parents need to get involved with what is going on in the school and voice what they think. I will be damned if some damn school is going to teach politics to my kids

JAG5150
01-13-05, 01:07 PM
Just wait until you have some little ones Tammy, you'll see what I mean.

femalemarine_89
01-13-05, 01:09 PM
I have seen it when I was raising my little nephew when he was little.. that is a long story but I did see some of the chit then. As for kids for me and hubs, well we are just practicing right now, i have not taken him serious yet ;)

GunnyL
01-13-05, 01:52 PM
My 5 year old walks around the house saying "Liberals are Moron's" My wife is afraid to send him to school. Guess the kid's been hanging around with his father too much. LOL He starts K next year, I'm so looking forward to it!

GunnyL

femalemarine_89
01-13-05, 01:54 PM
LOL@ Gunny.. Sounds like you have raised the boy right.. Might be called to the school for a few conferences.. LOL.. Just use the freedom of speech.. LOL