PDA

View Full Version : poolees crack me up

drillinstructor
01-08-05, 12:29 PM
I receved a Private message from a poolee who said, Hey DRill Instructor what is your name? When I get to Boot Camp and see you mybee I can say hey.....hahahahaha

Marines should I tell him my name??

I wont say what poolee sent the message cause some Marines on here are brutal and the poor kid will be slayed before I get him hahahah

femalemarine_89
01-08-05, 01:02 PM
Naw let him squirm.. Dont tell him who you are.. let him figure it out all on his own..

drillinstructor
01-08-05, 01:07 PM
haha ok thanks

woodman
01-08-05, 01:19 PM
tell him your nick name is Milton Bradley.....LOL Let the games begin.

TRLewis
01-08-05, 01:35 PM
I would tell him your name, so when he sees you, and hes like, "HEY DI I REMEMBER YOU FROM LEATHERNECK.COM." ****ing destroy him.

Sgtj
01-08-05, 01:36 PM
Give it to him, Let em, come you look you up, then at least you can get a chance to maybe hang out and play some games or something. hahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahah...Damn poolees.

LivinSoFree
01-08-05, 04:44 PM
Wow... y'know, even when I was a poolee, I don't ever remember being that stupid.

perfectcircle
01-08-05, 04:58 PM
hahahaha, just don't forget his name that's for sure

femalemarine_89
01-08-05, 06:12 PM
Yeah make sure you get his name.... LOL

Sparrowhawk
01-08-05, 06:18 PM
You would want him to identify himself, to the drill instructors there and they know who you are and they will acknowledge him as a poolee you helped and then introduce you to him. LMAO

Timber
01-08-05, 06:44 PM
OOOHHH what fun could be had. Give him your rank and the initials and last name of a 4th btn DI and let the fun begin.

jinelson
01-08-05, 06:55 PM
Oh gunny thats funny, but what did you mean that some Marines on this site are brutal I dont know of any?

garryh123
01-08-05, 07:26 PM
LMAO Just let everyone know the poolees name! And when he gets to Boot....He can receive "special" treatment! ROFLMAO

SuNmAN
01-08-05, 07:38 PM
thats hilarious...man he must be outside his mind.

brettt
01-08-05, 07:38 PM
I understand that this is mainly an enlisted site, but the marineocs page has been down:

Here's a poolee question for you men:
Are OCS candidates considered to be poolees?
Even if the Candidates have been through Quantico, but need to finish their degrees, hence are not yet commisioned until graduation from college?

What do you gentlemen think about enlisted vs. officer training?
other than that OCS is more physically demanding than P.I. and Hollywood!! Just bustin' nuts fellas. We had some ECP candidates in our class and i'm not lying when i say that even they found OCS physically challenging. In fact we had 3 Drop On Request, but one of the ECP candidates would have made it but decided that he appreciated and liked the enlisted side better. The other two had a hard time and our SGT Instructors, who were drill instructors, ripped into these two Marines constantly!!!

If you all get a minute, and want to read about a recently fallen brother that i knew who was buried today check out the address below. He is from my hometown and i room with his real brother at college.

Check out their webpage: http://smallcraft.tripod.com
Lance Corporal Brian Parrello
June 1985 - January 1, 2005

drillinstructor
01-08-05, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by jinelson
Oh gunny thats funny, but what did you mean that some Marines on this site are brutal I dont know of any?

SSgt To you and I it is not brutal but to these poolees it feels brutal towards them but they just have no idea yet,,,....

greensideout
01-08-05, 08:47 PM
We are brutal?---LOL

When they meet YOU at MCRD they will think that we were "pussy cats"---lol.

LivinSoFree
01-08-05, 09:22 PM
Mmmm... see... this gives me a wicked idea...

How much fun would it be to run a Leatherneck.com "mini-boot camp" of sorts... we used to do that stuff when I was an NJROTC kid, and we always had a few Marines or NROTC middies come out and play DI for us... I can only imagine the kind of damage Sparrowhawk, HardJedi, and the rest of our crew here could deal out to some poolees.... call it extreme acclimatization training or something similarly technical sounding :marine:

hrscowboy
01-08-05, 09:43 PM
greenside i was about to say that very same thing wait till they get there..

Sgtj
01-08-05, 10:05 PM
how about www.pushuppoolee.com

MillRatUSMC
01-09-05, 12:57 AM
My mind just wonders, why this poolee, would want that information.
Does he think, that he will time to run around the Recruit Depot to look up a certain Drill Instructor?
Now the question comes to mind; should the Drill Instructor give him his rank and name?
What good will that information do that poolee?
Wonders never cease!

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

PS
When I was a Primary Marksmanship Instructor, I taught some many recruits that I could never remember all or any of them.
Just a few stand out.
I was Sgt. Jacques to them and they were recruits to me.
That all that we had to know.

yellowwing
01-09-05, 05:24 AM
Maggots, all nasty maggots. Train them DrillInstuctor! Semper Fi-Train or Die! :marine:

We at Leatherneck give them all the info we can pass on, but once they are on your yellow footprints, they are all yours!

drillinstructor
01-09-05, 10:38 AM
Well I will give him my name but it will be after he is begging for his mommy..haha...RAS/PAS makes it easy

Toby M
01-09-05, 10:57 AM
I know who you are Drillinstructor...(real name Gy. Sgt. Mean N' Nasty...) You were my D.I. as well as everyone of these former Marine's D.I) Oh yeah, I remember you...

drillinstructor
01-09-05, 01:25 PM
Staring my crucible week this week so I will be off for a while well maybe read leatherneck late at night but you poolees keep the jokes coming.....you will soon be torn to nothing...hehehhehehehe

of course built back up to US Marine if you have what it takes....

jinelson
01-09-05, 04:26 PM
drillinstructor wrote

SSgt To you and I it is not brutal but to these poolees it feels brutal towards them but they just have no idea yet,,,....

Thats for sure Gunny, have fun on the crucible, oh boy that means it time to pick up another herd of nasties heheheheh

drillinstructor
01-09-05, 05:10 PM
actually now we have 4 weeks left after the crucible but yes almost time to pick up some nasty's

MillRatUSMC
01-09-05, 09:31 PM
What a climb is in store for those "nasty's", those that complete that little climb will join us in "The Few".
They will than be our "brothers-in-arms".
Thinking back to when I was assigned to five recruit platoons back to back.
I believe in my madness, I volunteered to take some of those recruit platoons through.
Was I mad or insane?
It was work but it was also gratifying when the qualified.
My only regret was that 8 percent did not.
Still sometime during firing they hit the bull-eye, they must have done something right.
I bet that what keeps these Drill Instructors doing that job.
There no monetry awards given, just the self satisfaction of a job well done.
Some might get a handshake from kin or family.
Recruits might thank them.
Yet, their names will be etch on those "nasty's" minds forever.

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

MillRatUSMC
01-09-05, 09:34 PM
Forgot to say, that difference between "Hollywood" and Parris Island.
The "Crucible" is all up hill, for the "nasty's" going through "Hollywood" as compare to flat terrain at Parris Island.

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

greensideout
01-09-05, 09:58 PM
Hollywood vs Parris Island---lol.

What's to compare?

At PI you get sand flees. At Hollywood you get sunglasses.

At PI you run across the field. At Hollywood you run up the field.

At PI you run in the sand. At Hollywood you run on the beach.

At PI you you wish that you were at Hollywood. At Hollywood you wish you were at PI.

They are both MCRD and you wonder if you lost your mind to be at either!---lol

garryh123
01-09-05, 10:17 PM
"Crucible"...obstacale course(spelling) in my day....I loved it! That and the Rifle Range.My Father....20 year...Nam Marine....prepared me for it......SEMPER FI....DO OR DIE!...GUNG HO! GUNG HO!

drillinstructor
01-09-05, 10:51 PM
Individual Drill Instructors make the difference...

MillRatUSMC
01-09-05, 11:22 PM
Greensideout, you haven't seen a picture of the "Grim Reaper" all up hill.
When the come in, its all up hill, nothing flat in "Hollywood" my friend.
Such are the ways of "Hollywood".
Where's my shades? ask Ricardo when he went MCRD SD in 1957.
LMAO

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

drillinstructor
01-15-05, 11:44 AM
WAS A GREAT CRUCIBLE A LOT OF RAIN HAHAHAH

woodman
01-15-05, 02:37 PM
are the humps up Bit*h ridge and Mt MF a part of the crucible ?

jinelson
01-15-05, 03:05 PM
Oh I hope so just think how much fun the mud would be hehehehe

drillinstructor
01-15-05, 07:45 PM
We hike the Reaper.....