PDA

View Full Version : what "they" say

HardJedi
01-07-05, 10:55 AM
ever wonder who it is people are talking about, when " they say" such and such? well, now you have someone to blame!

BRANSON, Mo. (Wireless Flash) -- It may drive grammarians crazy, but a Branson, Missouri, man has legally changed his name to the pronoun "they."

The 44-year-old formerly known as Andrew Wilson (and now known as "They") says the moniker swap started as a family joke because he always wondered, "Who is this `they' when people say `They say this' and `They say that?'"

They says he has a good sense of humor and decided to legally change his name and take responsibility for They. He even has a driver's license with the name on it.

They is also an inventor and holds 14 patents, including Ground-Effect lighting -- a neon light that fits under cars -- and Shades Eyewear, sunglasses which have a visor extending a half-inch from the top to shade the glare of the sun.

Of course, being the face of They comes with baggage -- mostly, the reputation of being a kill-joy. But They says "that's the yin and yang of life."

They has no intention of ever changing his name back to Andrew Wilson and says his friends tell him, "If anyone but you changed your name to They, they would think he had a problem."

Sgt. Smitty
01-07-05, 11:59 AM
I like this guys sense of humor......it's great......Smitty

JAG5150
01-07-05, 12:20 PM
My two youngest kids also have some strange nick names. 5 yr old Ashleigh aka "the kid down the street" and 4 yr old Jacob aka "who me".

femalemarine_89
01-07-05, 01:11 PM
LMFAO.. damn jag.. what you done to those kids.. But hell sometimes i think my husband thinks his name is HEY YOU.. LOL

http://www.wtv-zone.com/coplove/Cops/trprcar.gif

grayshade
01-07-05, 01:33 PM
When I'm at work, I either call my co-workers "come 'ere" or "look here". A "hey you" pops off now and again. I think I'll call my kids "watch out" and "get your brother".

femalemarine_89
01-07-05, 01:35 PM
LOL.. thats alright.. we dont have kids yet but we have a dog, and we call her daisy, dummy, stupid.. and hell she answers to all of em..

http://www.wtv-zone.com/coplove/Cops/trprcar.gif

Sgt. Smitty
01-07-05, 03:40 PM
Kids, critters.........same same GI, now i know who to think about when someone says "they" said so.........LOL