PDA

View Full Version : 2,600 Americans missing

Sgt. Smitty
01-06-05, 11:11 AM
The latest headlines in the news on the puter states that there are at least 2,600 Americans still missing as a result of the tsunami in south Asia. Where is their pledge for victims assistance? Sure as hell ain't gonna come from outsiders, and probably not even from our own damned government. Take care of our own FIRST, then worry about someone else. FTW

Namvet67
01-06-05, 11:31 AM
You got that right Smitty....2,600 is an awesome number!

Sgt. Smitty
01-06-05, 11:37 AM
That's probably the last headline we're gonna see on this subject too.

Namvet67
01-06-05, 11:43 AM
Well let's hope not

JAG5150
01-06-05, 12:05 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, when I go on vacation there is no reason to leave this country (except maybe Australia, had fun there). Everything you need is here and it keeps our money in this country.

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 12:06 PM
Well I dont know Jag.. I would love to go back to germany sometime.. Have not been there since I was a little tyke. I would also like to go to a few more places.. But there are not many of them...

http://www.wtv-zone.com/coplove/Cops/trprcar.gif

Sgt. Smitty
01-06-05, 12:16 PM
I've seen all the world i need to, the only place i haven't been, and am planning on visiting, is Alaska. Been through and partied in every state except for that one. But i still would like to know what this govt. is gonna do for the familes and loved ones of THIS country that lost people in the tsunami? I don't see anything comin out of our govt. pockets to help these people, and i sure as hell am not gonna see any PLEDGES, false promises, from any other country on this planet. This govt. has continually lied to, cheated and betrayed the people here startin way back with all the so-called treaties made with the Native Americans, and DON'T get me goin on that subject unless you wanna see a blue haze on you puter screen!

JAG5150
01-06-05, 12:40 PM
The government has us trained, just look at the gas prices. They jack them up so high that we get pi$$ed and then slowly lower them but not as low as before and we're happy. Then when we're pacified they do it again and again. We're like trained monkeys, what we need to do is show them is that we're gorillas, not monkeys who dance for them.

Mr.Rod
01-13-05, 01:15 PM
Anyone heard anything about how much relief money the families of these people are gonna get? Or are they just gonna have to bend over and take it in the *ss from our beloved? govt. Oh ya, musta slipped my mind, the rest of the world comes before our own people huh?

femalemarine_89
01-13-05, 01:24 PM
That is the honest to gods truth there Smitty.. YOu know who is going to help us if anything happens over here.. NOBODY.. That has been proven..

Mr.Rod
01-13-05, 01:26 PM
Time and time again huh?

femalemarine_89
01-13-05, 01:28 PM
Yes it has.. And the good ole USA keeps going back.. Look at the Lincoln right now, they are over there to assist the tsunami people and well they are making them leave and go out to international waters so that the pilots can get in their time. That is totally wrong. If they want our help they should give them a break. I told hubs lastnight that the ship should just say ok whatever.. see ya.

Mr.Rod
01-13-05, 01:42 PM
if they can't and won't accept our help the way it's givin, then get us the hell outa there and let them fend for themselves.

femalemarine_89
01-13-05, 01:44 PM
Thats what I thought when I read that lastnight. We went over there to assist them and they want to be that way, then they dont need our help. I know alot of people on here is probably gonna think that sounds harsh on my part but that is the way life is.. I have an opinion and I am entitled to my opinion and I will express my opinion.

Sgted
01-13-05, 01:59 PM
I have posted on this situation in Indonesia before.
Do not expect anything good to come out of the USA being there (aside from the humanitarian aspect).

Indonesian government officials have ordered our Marines out of their country by March 1st. After that they are no longer interested in the help our Marines can offer them (like road building and repairs to other parts of the infrastructure).
They ordered our aircraft carrier out into international waters making the trip to their shores longer.
No weapons allowed so our Marines are unarmed in a very hostile environment.
THIS....my friends, are Muslims at their very best.
Washington needs to wake up and smell the coffee.
We'll rebuild their houses, feed them so they can strap a bomb on themselves and blow up something western.

Sit back and think a minute.
Wouldn't it have been a treat if Washington had acted half as fast to provide Vietnam Vets with assistance pertaining to Dioxin ???

Mr.Rod
01-13-05, 02:08 PM
This govt. don't give a good about it's military, it's people or this country. Why not write off the buttheads that want our Marines to come into a hostile environment unarmed and unwanted? To hell with those people, take care of our own FIRST AND FOREMOST, then and only then worry about the other countries. As for the muslims, turn their dessert homes into glass!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAG5150
01-13-05, 02:10 PM
One big glass parking lot, build a big mall out ther and plenty of parking.

femalemarine_89
01-13-05, 02:12 PM
hell Walmart is always looking for building sites.. LOL..

jinelson
01-13-05, 02:24 PM
Excellent point Sgted, as you know this whole situation really burns me as well.

Mr.Rod
01-13-05, 10:55 PM
But no one has told me where the money is gonna come from, probably China maybe? Don't think so, but that money would get here before anything OUR govt. decides to kindly donate. Know what i mean Vern?

Mr.Rod
01-14-05, 10:00 AM
Newest headline this mornig........Kobe Bryant suffers severe ankle sprain.....BFD.....what about the 2,600 missing Americans? Or has this country already written them off?

Mr.Rod
01-15-05, 11:53 AM
Guess no one really gives a about the people of this country in here either huh?

B A Hall
01-15-05, 02:45 PM
I was trying to read this post and a couple of you come up on an ignore list that I have never put anyone on.How do I take them off of it?

Mr.Rod
01-15-05, 08:29 PM
ask shaffer........he did it