PDA

View Full Version : Question?

Bret
01-05-05, 09:45 PM
Well im sure there are ppl on here that knows my story to why I got PDQ'ed from gettin in the military and for those that might not(plastic lence in my right eye). I know ive asked this question before but for those that work at MEPS, do they ever clear a persons record? The reason why I ask is that I couldnt imagin them keepin everyone on record that goes through MEPS! Theres just soo many ppl that go through there, it would haft to seem that they would haft to erase ppl from the past that go through there for ppl of that have been in there for resent years,RIGHT?!?!
Not a day goes by that I dont think Marine! I would do anything to be a Marine! I would give up anything to be A Marine! Just the other night, I prayed to God. I hope he heard me and I hope he can help become my dream!
I know I could earn that title if I had that chance and I hope some day that I can earn it! Though in the mean time, I guess i'll just haft to set here, wait, and prey.

THANKS for those who can help me out!

Master Sephiroth
01-05-05, 09:51 PM
You sound like me. My hand was weakened in a surgery and I'm having a surgery done on my neck.

I wanted to go into communications after Boot Camp but the recruiter thinks I'm unqualified. Like you, I want to be a Marine. I want to do something beneficial for my country and myself. I want to prove that recruiter wrong.

Bret
01-05-05, 10:03 PM
I didnt care for my Marine recruiter that I had. He was a prick if you ask me. He leaves recruiting within the next month or so. I hope that might give me a second chance. I just hope he understands and I hope he is willing to help me out! The big thing is that I have 20/20 vision with glasses on. I had this surgery since the age of 12 or so. No problems since that surgery! It really boggles my mind that they think im so disabled im not worth to serve my country! ITS A BITE IN THE BUTT!
After the Marine ordel, I went to a Army recruiter that I knew real well. Well since ive already been PDQ'ed, there wasnt anything he could do. Though he said he couldnt beleive the Marine recruiter didnt get me a waiver! Owell

Bret
01-05-05, 10:06 PM
P.S. I hope you the best of luck Boaz! If your like me and you honestly beleive you can do it. I hope you do show up that recruiter of urs!

greensideout
01-05-05, 10:09 PM
Humm, I might be steping out of line here.

When I was recruiting I had a guy with a blown knee. He went to meps and was disqualified.

I found out later that he went back with another recruiter, but did not tell him that he had a bad knee. He got in.

I guess the point is, if you can make it through boot and believe that you can cover the six of your brother Marines then go for it.

Master Sephiroth
01-05-05, 10:10 PM
Thanks. I really believe I can do it. If there is one thing I hate, it's being looked at as weak

Bret
01-05-05, 10:18 PM
Hey greensideout. No you didnt bother me by what you said. Well since he got disqualified the first time and then got in the second chance around. That kinda makes me happy to hear that!
Take care :marine:

greensideout
01-05-05, 10:31 PM
Bret, Drop the "Marine smile" till you become one.

Bret
01-05-05, 10:38 PM
That was for you if you didnt know any better(take care Greensideout) . Im not trien to be something im not so ease off my back man.

greensideout
01-05-05, 10:56 PM
LOL---wipe your nose kid. If you can't take some advice here, you will never make it through boot.

Thanks, but I'll do my own Marine smile. :marine: Yes, I had to earn it.

Bret
01-05-05, 11:24 PM
Well Green im honestly happy for ya for earning that title! I didnt make this post to get on anybodys bad side. Im sorry if I upseted ya but no dont worry, I never sheded a tear. One more thing bro, I rather not be called a kid, i've earned the right to be called a man!

greensideout
01-05-05, 11:34 PM
Bret, I said that to introduce you to boot camp.

No one will give you a hug when you step onto the yellow footprints.

I wish you well.

Sgtj
01-06-05, 12:11 AM
Bret,

You lack one thing, RESPECT! I understand your frustrated but Greensideout wasn't stepping out of line.

If you can't handle being called a kid "BECUASE YOU THINK YOU EARNED THE RIGHT TO BE CALLED A MAN" you have some searching to do before you think you can step on the footprints.

As far as your question about keeping records, if you are PDQ'ed they will have you on file. They don't have to worry about keeping data because its all stored digitally on hard drives for x number of years.

I wish you luck but I think your going to run into some walls.

Good luck

Bret
01-06-05, 11:09 AM
Well you guys, it seems to me that I have much to learn yet. Im willing to learn and im not afraid of change. Greensideout, I dont blame you for stepping out of line. I appreciate your advice and you wishin me luck. Although my chances are very slim, I hope it works out for me!

Sgtj, I also want to say thanks for wishin me luck!

SEE YA:thumbup:

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 11:15 AM
I wish ya luck Bret, its going to be a long journey. They do keep the records so since it has not been very long you will almost definately run into some walls. I remember when I went to see the recruiter way back when and when I had to fill out the forms and they asked about my medical history, I fibbed alittle on them, I never told them about me busting my arm in 3 different places. I made it thru with no problems though. As my recruiter told me back then, "dont tell them anything that could disqualify you from becoming one of the finest a Marine."

JAG5150
01-06-05, 11:22 AM
If I'm not mistaken you can try to get a medical waiver, it's hard but worth a try and may be your only cahnce if you want to try to earn the only title in this world that means a damn thing (MARINE)

Namvet67
01-06-05, 11:27 AM
Bret...I'm glad to see YOU got back in line. Greensideout was not out of line. He was just trying to help you as well as Sgtj. It sounds like you really want to become a Marine and I'm sorry it's not in the cards for you..at the present. If it was easy to become a Marine then everybody would be one. The few The proud The Marines.....Good luck and maybe someday your day will come.....gbudd

LivinSoFree
01-06-05, 11:50 AM
Likewise... there's a difference between truly relevant physical issues, and non-issues that would create needless paperwork and roadblocks. The Corps isn't gonna go looking for reasons to get rid of good Marines, so if you make it, keep your nose clean, and do your job well, then there's no reason to worry about minor, irrelevant issues.

Bret
01-06-05, 11:51 AM
hey FemaleMarine, thanks for ur input. I do beleive I can become a fine Marine mabye one D#@M good Marine! I know I haft to wait untill late next spring sometime, that will eguall up to 2 years of waiting.

Hey JAG, I already tried that Waiver thing. They told me that there wasnt one. Doesnt make any since but owell. I rather go in and be protected by that than go in lying.

hey gbudd, you wouldnt beleive how badly I want to become a Marine! Havin that pride, bein around a band of brothers that will be there for you to the end, and just the pride of earnin that title(MARINE)! I hope to make many new Marine friends and although im not one now, I hope you ppl can except me as a good comrad.

SEE YA:thumbup:

Bret
01-06-05, 11:55 AM
Another curiuos quetion for you all. Should I tell this new Marine recruiter about my past experience to why I couldnt get in? Do you think if I told him, he would keep it quite as well? I would like him to know wassup but if its goin to end up like it did before, than I wont say anything.

SEE YA

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 11:59 AM
Hey Bret. There is a waiver. I have had a friend get in the Corps on a waiver before. As for your recruiter, maybe you had a piece of crap for a recruiter. I have had a bad experience with one before. I was out of uniform and a friend of mine was interested in going into the Marine reserves. She was married to active duty Marine but she wanted to join the reserves. I took her to the recruiters office as she didnt want to listen to me.. So we went.. What did I walk into but a recruiting office with a recruiter out of uniform, sitting in a chair shooting bull**** with his friend, chewing chewing tobacco and spitting it into the trash can. Well I was getting hot but I waited. My friend she asked them to give her the pros and cons of active and reserve time. He then stood to his feet and said "Maam We in the Marine Corps dont like to take women.." I stood up and I said to his smart ass " AND WHY IS THAT??" His response to that was " Because you all are a pain in the ass!!!" It was at that point that I took his business card off his desk, showed him my ID and got all his info. I then went to my unit and spoke with Capt. Delair and SgMaj Surface. They took matters into their own hands. They made a call and in 1 week he was out of a job. We went back there and there was a new guy there and asked where the other one was and was told that he was no longer there that they had too many complaints by women about him. So you might want to talk to a different recruiter. Not all of them will be a good one.

Bret
01-06-05, 12:15 PM
DANG:emark: Im Glad that he's out of picture! Everyone that wants the chance to become a Marine should all have an eguall chance to get in! Now granted there are things to which I can understand why a certain individual couldnt get in but for my case, it's down right silly for them to turn me away! Thats obserd for a recruiter to do that! Im glad you stood up to him, thats just soo wrong of him to do that!

Though I was told that there wasnt a (waiver) for a plastic lence in the eye for the Marine Corps? So what the heck, if there is? I shouldnt have any problem gettin in, RIGHT?!?! Im gettin really confused now:confused:

SEE YA ALL:thumbup:

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 12:17 PM
Im not saying that its going to be easy, and nobody is trying to confuse you. Things change thru the years in the Corps. You just need to check around and talk to different recruiters and find out what they happen to say.. I wouldnt open right up and tell them about your problem, I would just ask them about a medical waiver..

http://www.wtv-zone.com/coplove/Cops/trprcar.gif

Bret
01-06-05, 12:21 PM
Thanks FemaleMarine! You've been givin me some good input. I really appreciate it!

Bret
01-06-05, 12:25 PM
I also want to add that I havnt forgot about you Boaz. Hang in there Bro, its always a good thing to see things optimisically!
GOOD LUCK TO YA:thumbup:

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 12:25 PM
No prob bret. If ya have any other questions you can feel free to send it via pm message.. I will do my best to answer any and all.

B A Hall
01-06-05, 12:29 PM
When I was At Parris Island My DI kept sending to the dispencry because my knees and ankles kept swelling finally one of the Navy officers asked me if I wanted out when I replied no sir he asked how I got in to make a long story short I found out I was flat footed.I never looked back sometimes you have to endure a little pain to get what you want.Good luck and Semper Fi

Bret
01-06-05, 12:38 PM
hey B A Hall, I know what kind've message that you'r tryin to make but the thing is with me is that I have no problems with my eye. Even my eye doctor cant beleive I couldnt get in, he was willing to help me out but the recruiter told him it was usless. If I have my glasses on, im just like any other motivated person. I have no pain ar any problems with my eye. Thats why it's just soo upseting for me not to get into the Marine corps. Time will tell if I get in or not.

SEE YA ALL:thumbup:

B A Hall
01-06-05, 12:47 PM
What I'm sayin is I didn't know I was flat footed have they known I was I would have been turned down as well.Sometimes things are better left unsaid.My son is in now he has a pin in his hip!!!!

Bret
01-06-05, 12:52 PM
opps, my bad. sorry B A Hall.

B A Hall
01-06-05, 12:59 PM
Quiet alright good luck.Another thing you might try a differen't location.

Bret
01-06-05, 01:04 PM
Well that can be a problem! The 2 closest Marine recruiting places are about 45 mins away. The place in Owensboro KY, no one knows me there but they interact with the Evansville IN recruiting place. They know me in Eville. If i was to go somewhere else, it would be hours away.:cry:

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 01:07 PM
It all depends on how determind you are there Bret.. You do what you have to do..

Good luck..

bates_iyaoyas
01-06-05, 05:21 PM
It take over 2 years for your record to dissapear from your MEPS.

Bret
01-07-05, 11:44 AM
so how long does it take for my record to go bye bye?

femalemarine_89
01-07-05, 12:22 PM
give it 2 to 2.5 yrs

Bret
01-07-05, 12:33 PM
Ok, lets say I go this next comin March. That will eguall up to 2 years. So lets say I go to MEPS and im still in the files. If I go next march and get caught, do I haft to wait another 2 years?
:confused:

Pel
01-07-05, 12:38 PM
lol

Bret
01-07-05, 12:47 PM
well I didnt see that to be funny but i'll take that as a no.
SORRY