PDA

View Full Version : Deserter Cpl Hassoun..now AWOL

Namvet67
01-05-05, 04:49 PM
Well now he's reported as A.W.O.L. It appears he didn't return from a weekend pass. So says Fox News. Why isn't he in the brig anyway?

garryh123
01-05-05, 04:57 PM
RALEIGH, N.C. — Cpl. Wassef Ali Hassoun (search ), the Marine who was once thought kidnapped in Iraq only to be charged later with desertion, has disappeared, Marine officials announced Wednesday. <br />

TracGunny
01-05-05, 04:57 PM
Marine Charged With Desertion Disappears <br />
<br />
Wednesday, January 05, 2005 <br />
<br />
RALEIGH, N.C. — Cpl. Wassef Ali Hassoun, the Marine who was once thought kidnapped in Iraq only to be charged later with...

HardJedi
01-05-05, 05:19 PM
shoulda executed him as a deserter to start off with

Cole11
01-05-05, 05:26 PM
OORAH Corporal

Sparrowhawk
01-05-05, 05:26 PM
on leave, who the h ell, made that decision?

Nagalfar
01-05-05, 05:27 PM
There is something about this that just isn't right no matter what end you look at.. Deserter or Intel.. nothing about this seems to fit. If he is a deserter.. HANG HIM, shooting would to to fast and easy..

Sparrowhawk
01-05-05, 05:39 PM
his family is not only wealthy but influential in government affairs in Lebanon.

The American public has not been told what should be disclosed about this traitor!

TracGunny
01-05-05, 05:49 PM
two post on same subject:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=109320#post109320

Osotogary
01-05-05, 05:57 PM
I just vomited! This scenario is bringing up any evil, malicious, feelings I've had buried for quite sometime. What a pi$$er! Capture his fanny or just show me his head (not attached to his body)

B A Hall
01-05-05, 06:30 PM
The BOY has no balls we don't need Marines like him let him go back to Iraq so our brothers can kill him.

femalemarine_89
01-05-05, 06:49 PM
Well I know what I think they shoul do with him and I cant say it here because there would be too many blocked out words.. oh and besides its not lady like..LOL

bates_iyaoyas
01-05-05, 06:49 PM
Well he probably has been planning this for awhile. Perhaps he planned on arranging his affairs in Lebanon the first time he disapeared...to only desert the Corps once he returned to the states (which may explained why he turned up at an Embassy in Lebanon the first time). So that way he can live in Lebabon w/o the worry of being extradited back to the states.

Sgt. Smitty
01-05-05, 10:37 PM
OK, who's the numb nutted as shole that let this damned raghead deserter go on leave for Ch rists sake? Is this an example of the kind of minds we have running the military? God help us if it is. This whole scenerio is like a friggin James Bond movie or somethin. I say just shoot the as shole on site and be done with him. I know he's dead meat if I happen to see him. 89 if you won't say it I will cause I don't have to worry about bein lady-like, know what I mean? Oh ya, one more question...who the hell let this deserter into the military in the first place? This country is bein infiltrated right under your noses people, dam i hope i'm not the only one that can see that!

hrscowboy
01-05-05, 10:53 PM
Too bad i am not a prisoner chaser anymore with the Marine Corps me and this boy would be having some private time behind closed doors.. When i got through beatin on his raghead ass he would be willin to tell all... enuff said..

garryh123
01-05-05, 11:13 PM
Semper Fi hrscowboy!

Sgt. Smitty
01-05-05, 11:15 PM
Yee haw, leave some of his sorry ass for me will ya? I'm in a mood this week and feel like ventin some pentup frustration out on someone that deserves it.

DSchmitke
01-06-05, 06:57 AM
How can someone on Legal hold and subject to a Court martial get leave ? Someones fitrep should be marked low in judgement.

1shot1kill
01-06-05, 06:57 AM
HANG EM HIGH

USMC-FO
01-06-05, 07:44 AM
This morning the news reported that tracking this scums master card they found it had been used recently in Lebanon and Canada. So my guess is he is now in Canada. Go find him, bring him back and...

TRLewis
01-06-05, 07:48 AM
Since there is not a federal warrant for his arrest. I can shoot him on site right? Legally?

Namvet67
01-06-05, 08:54 AM
He was last seen boarding a plane on the way to North Carolina and the family says he wants to tell his side of the story. Yea right! He could not stand the heat so he got out of the kitchen. The Corps is better off with him out of our uniform. His new uniform is gonna have stripes on it. He is the true definition of a EX-MARINE...not fomer but EX...DRUM HIM OUT NOW. gbudd

yellowwing
01-06-05, 09:01 AM
That motherf*cker! I was bending over backwards to give him the benefit of the doubt. Screw 'em.

Jarhed
01-06-05, 09:16 AM
I swear on everything holy, if I ever come across that s***bird, ...... well, I think you know what I'm going to do. Something to do with a slow painful death. His suffering WILL be legendary!

bates_iyaoyas
01-06-05, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by hrscowboy
Too bad i am not a prisoner chaser anymore with the Marine Corps me and this boy would be having some private time behind closed doors.. When i got through beatin on his raghead ass he would be willin to tell all... enuff said..

lol..perhaps this is why you are no longer a prison chaser anymore? ;)

Sgt. Smitty
01-06-05, 09:37 AM
We need more chasers like you in the military there Jarhed. Would save a lot of money in the long run, a bullet in the head is a lot cheaper than all the money spent to courts martial this sorry assed ragheaded carpet kisser.

Namvet67
01-06-05, 09:38 AM
No that's not why hrscowboy is not a prisoner chaser anymore bates_iyaoyas....he ran out of prisoners! They felt safer in the brig than out on the street with a ****ed off Marine after their ass.

al20852
01-06-05, 09:49 AM
He's on leave because the political powers that be (I'll bet not necessarily the Marines in the chain of command) decided that throwing an Arab Muslim in the brig would not be a politically wise decision. Had it not been a political call, there would have been no doubt what to do with someone who had already disappeared to a country without an extradition agreement with the US. Now we have to live with the consequences. I'll bet this guy is viewed as a hero in the Arab world, whether or not he surfaces.

Namvet67
01-06-05, 09:53 AM
No doubt about that Captain.

bobpage
01-06-05, 10:37 AM
I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hrscowboy
01-06-05, 10:45 AM
I would have loved to have had him at a red line brig I would have had a field day with that raghead..

Sgt. Smitty
01-06-05, 11:22 AM
Glad to see some brass in here Capt. and i'm sure that you would have had enough sense to lock his sorry as up. A deserter awaiting courts martial was turned loose and given leave? They need to get some of us old timers in there to take care of business the way it should be. This is the most assinine thing i've ever heard, and to think it came from our Corps. Why then should we fight in a country that wants to take over our country when the Corps turns a deserter loose and gives him leave before he can be courts martialed? The f**king powers to be might as well arm our enemy, cause they sure as hell don't care about OUR soldiers well-being.

Timber
01-06-05, 11:46 AM
As it has been said, What brickhead let this sorry excuse for a Marine out to begin with?! 89 no need to be lady like That raghead is femminine than most WM's I can think of.

Sgt. Smitty
01-06-05, 11:55 AM
Ya Tammy, no pussy-footin around in here, tell it like it is, straight up and point blank!! That's how i deal with things and it scares the hell outa people, specially the cops around where i live. NO JOKE. They need to courts martial the rocket scientist that gave this ragheaded carpet-kissin derserter leave in the first place. WHat the hell is goin on in the military today anyway?

JAG5150
01-06-05, 12:12 PM
It's a kinder gentler Marine Corps, my a$$. Put this sorry P.O.S. in front of the firing squad when they find him again, I'll volunteer. How about you Smitty, you standing next to me?

JAG5150
01-06-05, 12:34 PM
How about we go out and find this P.O.S. ourselves

TRLewis
01-06-05, 01:22 PM
My question is, if his chain of command felt as if he would flee how come he didnt have CID following him? Hell it wouldnt be too hard to get a couple Marines detailed to watch him.

Namvet67
01-06-05, 01:33 PM
Good question TRLewis...There's a whole lot more going on than we know about. I'm sure this is another one the Corps hopes that the media stays out of. To the general public, this is just another military story...to us, it's not adding up.

JAG5150
01-06-05, 02:13 PM
This whole incident is nothing but a thorn in the side of the Marine Corps. I've been trying to understand why the hell his C/O let him off base or why he wasn't already in the brig awaiting trial.

Jarhed
01-06-05, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by JAG5150
It's a kinder gentler Marine Corps, my a$$. Put this sorry P.O.S. in front of the firing squad when they find him again, I'll volunteer. How about you Smitty, you standing next to me?

Nah, I want to take my dull K-Bar and drive it slowly up under his ribcage toward his black heart. Or better yet, maybe I'll just drive it slowly into his throat while he looks into my eyes.

CAR
01-07-05, 06:51 AM
I agree Gbudd, someting is not adding up. I have to believe that any unit commander would know, be told, or suspect that something with this guy is up. It had to be a political decision and I'm hoping that CID or any other agency was trailing this fool. Maybe it was the old "give him some rope and he'll hang himself"

Either way on the surface it doesn't look good. It makes the unit look incompetant to have ever granted leave or let this fool off the base. Who has his ID, License, Passport? Some of the first things I would have taken and kept in "safe" keeping for him. Crap a blind man in a snow storm could have seen this coming.

Find this guy and let his unit at him. Strip this fool of any Marine title, send him to make big rocks into little rocks. F@CK@R

al20852
01-07-05, 08:50 AM
The Washington Post is reporting this morning that the Corps informs them that, because Hassoun had not had a hearing before a magistrate he was permitted to take leave. What bull***. Let us assume...

JAG5150
01-07-05, 09:33 AM
I worked Law Enforcement for 10 years, we always put people in jail before they were convicted of anything, I know that the Corps is not more liberal than the civilian population. This P.O.S. should have been locked away until his court hearing and not be allowed to see the light of day. He took his leave unauthorized and in a combat zone, no plrivileges should have been extended to him.

hrscowboy
01-15-05, 04:47 AM
The Navy has put this scum bag on the Most wanted list as of this morning and this dude has taken another name is what there saying..

Namvet67
01-17-05, 10:44 AM
We have already given him several names to pick from....