PDA

View Full Version : Head Stone Markers

USA&CSA
01-05-05, 04:42 PM
I know this is Marine Corps Community but I have heard there isn't any money for Head stones for the fallen Green Beret's. I wanted to know if any one knoes anything about this? If it is true why are we sending money to a country that doesn't care a bit about us. I was under the assumption that ALL OF THE ARMED FORCES ESPECIALLY ACTIVE, AND VETERANS ARE AT GET BURIAL BENEFITS. As stated in the "Federal Benefits for Veterans and Dependents." Eligibility for burial benefits Servicemembers who DIE whilte on ACTIVE DUTY and Veterans..... are eligible for the following VA burial benefits (1) burial in a VA national Cemetery, (2) government-frunished HEADSTONE OR MARKER."

I belive that ALL FALLEN SERVICE MEN AND WOMAN should be give a headstone or marker with no question asked because the way I see it I WOULDN'T BE HERE TYPING THIS RIGHT NOW IF IT WEREN'T FOR OUR FOLLOW SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN FIGHTING FOR OUR FREEDOM.

:marine:

USMCrow
01-05-05, 05:00 PM
Not sure where you received your info but, all veterans (who were dicharged under conditions other than dishonorable) are eligible to receive a headstone. Not sure what the ruckus is about the green...

thedrifter
01-05-05, 05:03 PM
I don't understand either....I was able to receive a 250.00 check to go towards Roger's...

I just never colected it....Felt other's might need to have the money....

Ellie

USA&CSA
01-05-05, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the info USMCrow.

JAMarine
01-05-05, 05:12 PM
Could you or one of the kids sometime get a pic of Roger's "Marker" and post it. I for one want a copy to hang in my WorkShop along with others there now of Brothers and Friends I don't ever want to forget.

Thanks Young Lady.

rich

hrscowboy
01-05-05, 05:28 PM
I just buried my brother in Leavenworth National Cemetary in Sept 2004 and he has a headstone. I bet someone started another damn rumor again.

JAMarine
01-05-05, 05:39 PM
Sorry to hear that Cpl.

God be with him and all of your family.

rich

thedrifter
01-05-05, 05:45 PM
I will send You a pix Rich...I have it as my wall paper....

Ellie

Lock-n-Load
01-05-05, 06:23 PM
:marine: Last summer I looked into this matter as final expenses for my funeral...you have to fill out the proper VA form #40-1330 ...one page application along with 3 other pages of pertinent...

ivalis
01-05-05, 07:22 PM
It's been a few, not that many, years so my information may be dated.

The marker is only available to a previously unmarked grave.

I'm pretty sure there is only a burial allotment for disabled veterans.