PDA

View Full Version : Marine Jailed for Refusing to Pick Up Gun

femalemarine_89
01-05-05, 12:17 PM
RALEIGH, N.C. - A soldier who re-enlisted with the Marines after becoming a Seventh-Day Adventist has been jailed for refusing to pick up a gun. <br />
<br />
Cpl. Joel D. Klimkewicz, 24, of Birch Run, Mich.,...

Sgt. Smitty
01-05-05, 12:27 PM
Why the hell did he join our Corps then? Not too bright this one. Got what he deserved, no room for *******s like him in MY CORPS.

femalemarine_89
01-05-05, 12:29 PM
Thats what I thought when I read the article. The damn thing is he was a part of that church then and if that is how he believed he never should have reinlisted.

JAG5150
01-05-05, 12:35 PM
Maybe he just needs some closed door office hours. This is the last person who should hold the Title Marine. This guy needs to be pushing paper at some accounting firm.

Sgt. Smitty
01-05-05, 12:40 PM
Or pumpin gas

JAG5150
01-05-05, 12:42 PM
Hey the way the government is going he'll be in congress in no time.

humblysuperior
01-05-05, 12:44 PM
>"This is the last person who should hold the Title Marine."<

Really? Do you feel that, say, Lee Harvey Oswald or maybe John Wayne Gacy, to name two people, should hold the title Marine over a guy who said he would be ok removing land mines? Seems to me that would be a perfect place for him as opposed to sending him to the brig. What's the worst that could happen? He gets blown up? Personally, I would prefer the brig over having to remove mines, that is one dangerous job.

S/F, hum

humblysuperior
01-05-05, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by JAG5150
Hey the way the government is going he'll be in congress in no time.

Yep, as long as he is a Republican...

S/F, hum

Namvet67
01-05-05, 12:50 PM
I would like to know who let this guy out of bootcamp. Refuse a direct order? That's the army in him. I guess they didn't get it all out of him in boot.

B A Hall
01-05-05, 12:51 PM
I don't think he deserves to be in our country,Canada wants to hide these draft dodgers let him go to that cold ass country.

JAG5150
01-05-05, 12:57 PM
Actually Humbly makes a good point, let him clear out some mines, that way we can keep our young Marines who do their job safe. At least until he steps on a live one.

humblysuperior
01-05-05, 12:58 PM
Happy Birthday JAG!!!

S/F, hum

bigwalt
01-05-05, 01:45 PM
Since I'm from MI I will personnaly kick his a$$ across the bridge to Canada once he returns to MI! Get him out of my Corps!

JAG5150
01-05-05, 02:16 PM
Bigwalt, I might just have to take a trip and assist you in this mission. Not that you'll need any help but why not it might be a bit fun.

bigwalt
01-05-05, 02:31 PM
Come on down Jag. After we take care of business we can visit some of the local establishments.

femalemarine_89
01-05-05, 02:38 PM
Going back to the land mine subject.. Who is to say that this guy would do the job properly anyways. Who is to say that he wouldnt mess that up as well and alot of Marines would be killed.?? ya have to look at that point as well.

femalemarine_89
01-05-05, 02:39 PM
Hell Big I will be there as well.. I have family in michigan so I can kill 2 birds with one stone.. LOL

JAG5150
01-05-05, 02:39 PM
Always good to visit establishments with a fellow brother.

JAG5150
01-05-05, 02:46 PM
And sister for that matter.

bigwalt
01-05-05, 02:50 PM
Everyone is welcome to come. My home is your home.

Fred Pfeiffer
01-05-05, 02:50 PM
When I was at MCRD in early 1966, the Corps was actually drafting recruits (just like the Army) due to manpower shortages because of the Vietnam buildup. There were two Quaker conscientious objectors in our platoon who had been drafted but were willing to serve in a non-combatant MOS. When we went to the rifle range, they left our platoon and joined a platoon that was returning from the range. I never saw them again.

While they were with us, our DIs were all over their case about their conscientious objector status. Amazingly, they took everything that the DIs threw at them and believe me they really gave it to them. After these two left the platoon, I remember our Platoon Commander remarking that they would probably make good Marines or something to that effect.

What was interesting was that the Marine Corps actually kept them. This simply shows that there is a precedent for non-combatant conscientious objectors serving in the Marine Corps.

JAG5150
01-05-05, 03:06 PM
It has been said time and time again that every Marine is first and foremost a rifleman. If you do not want to carry a weapon then become a civilian contractor.

Namvet67
01-05-05, 03:15 PM
FM89...I would not want him around me in any combat situation..land mine or otherwise. The Marine Corps has to work on teamwork and following orders without hesitation. I really don't understand conscientious objectors anyway....no place in the Marine Corps for them as far as I am concerned. Fred..you are right about the draft in the mid 60s...I served with many who were drafted into the Corps and all of them fought hard. Didn't see any conscientious obbjectors in my 3 tours in Vietnam. They probably got shot by their Sgt. gbudd

Jarhed
01-05-05, 04:47 PM
No matter how you look at it, this individual is in violation. Jail. Period.

Toby M
01-05-05, 04:53 PM
He was sentenced last month and I know that even jail scum don't care for cowards! By now, he is probably someone's "honey"...(nice word for bit**). Not bad, trade a life of Honor for a pack of cigarettes...

Nagalfar
01-05-05, 05:39 PM
gbudd I totally agree.. if someone is a conscientious objector, let the Navy have them... they could be a corpsman, a good sqrunt is always handy to have around.

Sparrowhawk
01-05-05, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by femalemarine_89
Hell Big I will be there as well.. I have family in michigan so I can kill 2 birds with one stone.. LOL

If I can't trust him to watch my back in a combat zone, I wouldn't be there to watch his.

JAG5150
01-05-05, 06:20 PM
Cook, we were talking about big not the P.O.S. on the thread. We're all heading to big's to purge this country of a coward and then pop a top

bootneck2
01-05-05, 06:21 PM
WTF!

femalemarine_89
01-05-05, 06:41 PM
I think sparrow got lost in the thread. Oh and as for what i said about doing the landmine job all i said is he would F*** that up to. I believe he is where he belongs..

Old Marine
01-06-05, 07:45 AM
We should make a mine detector out of him.

Put him in a mine field, tell him to close his eyes, tell him to stick his finger in his ears, tell him to tap foot in front of himself until he finds a mine.

Sparrowhawk
01-06-05, 07:53 AM
clicked on the wrong quote... LOL

Just pour me a drink, near the corner I'll buy the first round..

LOL

Cook

Sgt. Smitty
01-06-05, 09:29 AM
really fix his sorry ass and make him a medic then ship him out to Iraq ! ! ! !!

Sgt. Smitty
01-06-05, 11:40 AM
Let's see here, if I remember right, this is my weapon and this is my gun, this is for fighting and this is for fun. So.......he got jailed cause he refused to play with himself?

DSchmitke
01-06-05, 11:47 AM
Well his Michigan citizenship has been pulled. He is now property of Canada.

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 11:48 AM
LOL.. If it could only work like that schmitke... if it could only work like that...

http://www.wtv-zone.com/coplove/Cops/trprcar.gif

JAG5150
01-06-05, 12:02 PM
I know, I know we'll put him on a mine field in front of a mine sweeping trak. Then we'll shoot out the 1800 lbs. of C-4 and blow him straight to hell.

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 12:05 PM
Now you know what Jag that actually sounds like a good idea.. I wanna help.. man i have to learn to type slower or something.. i can never send another message after the other.. always tells me i have to wait 60 secs to send another one..

http://www.wtv-zone.com/coplove/Cops/trprcar.gif

bigwalt
01-07-05, 06:02 AM
BRIAN DICKERSON: Punishment for Marine bears idiocy <br />
<br />
January 7, 2005 <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Here is an article from the Detroit Free Press today. Last thing I heard the Marine Corps didn't have a problem...

yellowwing
01-07-05, 06:16 AM
And if his EOD team come under fire what is he going to do, wave the Ten Commandments at them?

Sgt Sostand
01-07-05, 09:40 AM
Marine Jailed for Refusing to Pick Up Gun what did he join the Marines for they are to Soft on the New Marines now days some one in his Unit should have kick the S*iT out of him Old School Style Pick Up Gun Or Die

JAG5150
01-07-05, 10:42 AM
If you apply for a CO status it is so that you don't take a life, not so you don't have to participate in a training exercise and as I mentioned before, every Marine is a rifleman. What would this guy do if an enemy put a weapon in his face, just give up and die, I don't think so. Let him do waht he has to do. JUST NOT IN MY BELOVED MARINE CORPS!!!!!

al20852
01-07-05, 10:46 AM
Now let me get this straight. He was a Marine (read rifleman) and he converted to a new religion without any idea of that religion's beliefs on the use of a firearm. Then he re-ups and says "oops" I made a mistake. Forget conscientious objector status. The guy is too stupid to be a Marine.

Namvet67
01-07-05, 11:11 AM
LOL Captain...I think this guy bit off more than he could chew when he joined the Corps....his tour in the army didn't prepare him for the Marine Corps way of life and I think he is looking for a way out. In other words...he can't cut it.

femalemarine_89
01-08-05, 08:48 PM
I just think its sick. To think that this guy joined the Corps, but would not fight for his country.. NO way would anyone want to be the one for this guy to cover his six. Heck you cant even call him a Marine..

LivinSoFree
01-08-05, 09:40 PM
Idiotic and definitely unbefitting a Marine in most senses... BUT... just to play devil's advocate here... <br />
<br />
OK, so as Marines, what are we taught? To be loyal, certainly. To be honorable,...

yellowwing
01-09-05, 06:20 AM
Okay, being willing to clear land mines is commendable. But telling the Corps that is all you are going to do is ludicrous.

Yes my statement of waving the Ten Commandants under fire was meant to be rediculous.

He is a Marine. He and all other swingin d*cks must follow orders. Picking up a weapon is meant for everyone.

We are the best trained and prepared units we have in the Sand Box. That's why we have the most dangerous Al Anbar province as our AO.

Let the National Gurd units drive fuel convoys into the Green Zone. We have the toughest job and we are do very well at it.

Hell we have USMC arty and weapons battlion units quickly cross training to do grunt patrols, so that the Georgia NG can have the in the rear artillery jobs.

I would not want some weekend warrior dentist or insurance salesmen watching my back. I would put more trust in a USMC private!