PDA

View Full Version : Outsiders in Political office

Sgt. Smitty
01-05-05, 10:04 AM
Here we go again, just heard some scuttlebutt that a certain politician is about to introduce into congress a bill that will enable a foreign-born individual, no names mentioned but he's the gov. of calif, to run for Pres. of this country. This garbage has got to stop and stop now. If you aren't a natural-born American, according to the law as it reads now, you cannnot become Pres. Let's keep it that way and quit selling this country to the highest bidder. Wake the hell up people, am I the only one that sees what's goin on around us? NON-Americans, or immigrants, whatever you want to call them, have no damned business in our political system and we need to keep it that way. How many of you would like to learn Jap or Chinese or raghead as a new national language? Sure as hell not me.:no:

Namvet67
01-05-05, 10:23 AM
I agree Smitty...oldschool,set in my ways and I'm sticking with my story. I'm sure the politician was a democrat. gbudd

JAG5150
01-05-05, 10:23 AM
Smitty, I have to agree with you on this. I know exactly who you are talking about and even though I think that he is a decent individual who has done a decent job where would it stop. If we ammend the law for 1 person then it leaves it open for any other foriegn born person to attempt to make the same move. How would you like a member of Osama Bin Ladens family to run for CIC? Doesn't make me feel like curling up all snug in my bed at night.

humblysuperior
01-05-05, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by JAG5150
How would you like a member of Osama Bin Ladens family to run for CIC?

I thought a member of UBL's family was CIC already?

Sgt. Smitty
01-05-05, 11:05 AM
There are so many people in this country that blindly follow what this govt. says and does that they can't see the dangers being let loose right in front of them. It's time for the real people of this country to stand up, wake up and question authority, especially the political aspect of this whole mess. My God, what does it take to wake these people up?

Ed Palmer
01-05-05, 11:16 AM
No the next CIC will be named Jose or Maria And they will the northern states of Texaco or Mexifornia

femalemarine_89
01-05-05, 11:20 AM
I have to agree with smitty.. I dont agree with it one bit.. Leave it to the Naturals to run for office..

JAG5150
01-05-05, 11:49 AM
You know that the last Governor of CA. to become president was damn good. He went by the name of Ronald Reagan but then again he was born and bred American

femalemarine_89
01-05-05, 11:49 AM
Yes I remember Reagan.. He was a great.. But like you said he was from here and not someone from the outside..

JAG5150
01-05-05, 11:52 AM
Born and Bred in the good ole U.S.of A. nothing less can be accepted. I don't care if you're married to a Kennedy or not.

Sgt. Smitty
01-05-05, 11:58 AM
Bein married to a Kennedy is almost a death sentence nowadays. This is AMERICA, keep it American ! ! ! ! ! !!

JAG5150
01-05-05, 12:07 PM
I agree but these are the people who have the political pull to get such a bill written let alone passed in congress.

Sgt. Smitty
01-05-05, 12:09 PM
Then we need to get rid of all of them before it happens.

JAG5150
01-05-05, 12:20 PM
see my reply in keep our money home

TRLewis
01-05-05, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Sgt. Smitty
NON-Americans, or immigrants, whatever you want to call them, have no damned business in our political system and we need to keep it that way.

Gonna have to draw a line on this one, because I see most of you as immigrants. I'm a card carrying member of a tribe. One that was greatly persecuted by the US government. And I know I can trace my history back here long before alot of citizens in this country. Not that I hate any of you if I did I wouldnt be here. Proud tradition for Native Americans to serve in the military. I guess the most famous would have to be Ira. I find it comical when someone starts ranting about "natural" citizens.

I dont mind if it is amended. But I know it wont be. There are so many failsafes in the system that this bill is going to be shot down. Even if congress doesnt shoot it down, EVERY state has to approve an amendment to the constitution. Even if it passed into law, the constitution is ratified, the supreme court can still shoot it down. And if they dont, if the American people want Arnold as president then it will happen. If they do not see him as a good president then it will not happen.

Sgt. Smitty
01-05-05, 12:37 PM
You're not alone on this one TR.......i can and have traced my family history up to and including my great,great,great grandfather who was tribal chief of the Cow Creek Band of the Umpqua Nation. And yes, I am an enrolled member of the Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde here in Oregon. So no tell me where the line stops and starts, I was talking about anyone that was not born in this country and you know it, not just Native Americans. There is a difference, technically, between "Native" and "Natural" Americans. I'm as proud of my Native American ancestory as you are, but at the same time i am proud to be a Natural American, the same as you are. We are both, and proud of it. So let's keep America American, not friggin foreign.

JAG5150
01-05-05, 01:00 PM
The thing that scares me is that somebody can come to this country unlawfully and have a child, that child is automaticaly a citizen. In forty-five years that child can become president no matter his / her beliefs. Kind of makes you think doesn't it?

TRLewis
01-05-05, 02:55 PM
The whole reason this was brought up is because arnold is looking to be president. He has lived here long enough that we understand his beliefs, ideas, and motives. I have no problem with him, I think he or the other guy who is running in 2008 would be great presidents. They are not conservative, nor are they liberal, a nice mixture of both.

Its not like stay here 5 years and you too can be president. That wont fly with the american people. Even then do you really think we would have a rogue president? If it came to that there would be a military coup, and the president would resign for "health reasons"

jinelson
01-05-05, 03:33 PM
First off let me say that I agree with all of you 100% (I don't wanna be a free fire zone) Secondly although I don't want to see him be allowed to run for President I have to say that he has done one heck of a good job as Governor. My state had been run into the ground by Gray Davis and Arnold has reversed all the stupid legistlation that had been shoved down our throats things like ordering DMV to issue drivers license's to all illegal aliens. I think that he is a voice of sanity in Sacramento because he is not a politcian. He has advised the Democratic majority to either do there job and tackle things like our deficit or he will simply take what they can't agree on to the people by way of ballot proposition and let the people decide. He promised to clean house and he has and continues to do so, and am a registered democrat although I seem to consistantly vote republican. Its just my opinion.

Toby M
01-05-05, 05:06 PM
While I agree with everyone in part, I will never agree that we need to change the constitution (ammendment) for any reason. I believe our forefathers had this vision in mind when they wrote up the original ammendments to the constitution. I believe they were aware that people from all over the world would be coming to this great country and that is why they wrote up a set of laws for us to live by. It's worked for over 200 years and I don't see any reason to change it. For any reason...I have nothing against anyone running for office but they need to go by the rules we already have in place!

Sgt. Smitty
01-05-05, 11:34 PM
Amen Toby

TRLewis
01-07-05, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Toby M
While I agree with everyone in part, I will never agree that we need to change the constitution (ammendment) for any reason. I believe our forefathers had this vision in mind when they wrote up the original ammendments to the constitution. I believe they were aware that people from all over the world would be coming to this great country and that is why they wrote up a set of laws for us to live by. It's worked for over 200 years and I don't see any reason to change it. For any reason...I have nothing against anyone running for office but they need to go by the rules we already have in place!

That is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

The constitution was not perfect even in the begining, before it was even ratified by all the states it had 10 amemdments added to it they tried to add 12 but it wasnt approved by congress, now known as the bill of rights. There are 27 amemdments, just for that document to still be the way we govern society is a great achievement. Putting blind faith it in is not smart.

Lets see some of the things that would have happened had there been NO AMENDMENTS EVER:

-No freedom of religion, you might say it would still be there, it would not.
-The federal government ruling by militia
-Police can search your homes and detain you for ANY reason
-No more speedy trials
-excessive bail, fines, and cruel or unusual punishment would still be allowed
-powers not given to the federal government would be given to the states
-clears up voting problems and established presidential canidate with a running mate
-slavery was appealed FROM the constitution
-ability to vote shall not be stopped by the states
-women would not be allowed to vote
-the presidents term would have a longer "lame duck" term
-anyone could run for president as much as they want
-18 year olds could not vote

This is just a partial list, I could have gotten more in depth with the amendments. But to say that it is a perfect document would be like saying we no longer need new laws because the ones we have are fine.

JAG5150
01-07-05, 09:21 AM
TRLewis, I agree with you, there are reasons to change/ammend the constitution especially when it comes to human rights bur in the case that this thread was origionally started, I have to disagree. I do not believe that there should be an ammendment so that Arnold can run for president. Just because you are 1 a body builder, 2 an actor, and 3 the governor of Ca. up until the third the man has done nothing for this country. He has made some good movies and some not so good ones but what has he truly done for this country aside from entertain us. I still say no to ammending anything for this fact.

Sgt. Smitty
01-07-05, 11:13 AM
OK TR........I'm only gonna say this one more time.....we DO NOT need to ammend anything in our constitution that would enable a non-American to become Pres. and we need to close our border completely to any further immigration......period. And if that offends someone in this country then they can deal with it or get the hell out of MY country and go back where they came from and stay there. To me, MY COUNTRY comes first and foremost, and if that offends ANYONE in this forum then we need to meet and talk it over face to face.......KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

JAG5150
01-07-05, 11:43 AM
Once again I have to agree with Smitty, OOhrah

Sgt. Smitty
01-07-05, 11:50 AM
Sounds to me like TR has more education than common sense or brains there JAG, know what i mean?

TRLewis
01-07-05, 12:49 PM
Well my more education is about to come back out when what I said was directed at Toby for being stupid about needing NO amendments.

All of you are worried about nothing. Maybe you should break out some books and read up on the last amendment made to the constitution, it was introduced in 1789, and it was ratified in 1992. Get over the media using scare tatics againsnt you, almost as bad as saying "Draft" to a group of Berkley students.

Sgt. Smitty
01-07-05, 01:19 PM
OK, i can agree with you on that one, there are ammendments that need to be put into affect but not one that allows a friggin foreigner to be Pres., or in any other political office. That's all this forum was about.

Sgt. Smitty
01-07-05, 01:19 PM
OK, i can agree with you on that one, there are ammendments that need to be put into affect but not one that allows a friggin foreigner to be Pres., or in any other political office. That's all this forum was about.