PDA

View Full Version : It's a girl, help me name her...

Sparrowhawk
01-05-05, 09:26 AM
Name my dog Contest;

Win a $20.00 starbucks Card...

http://www.starbucks.com/shop/images/product/175323_a.jpg

Anyone submitting a classic name I chose, I will send off a Starbucks card as a gift, heck, might even load with $20.00 worth of funds. LOL

Looking to name her with a classic name...

I like "T.J.", sort of submitted by Gary, when he refered to her as being in a Tijuana jail. LMAO

http://marines.bizland.com/dog.jpg

I Pick her up about 1:00 pm, first place we're stopping at is where they print the newspaper, so she'll know where it comes from.

Then to petsmart, get her some chow, and a blanket.

I already told her that if she doesn't behave, I'll trade her in for two cats.

Then I showed her the picture I took of her behind bars at the sheltar. I'll frame it and put it on the inside wall of her dog house (building for her today), to remind her everyday where I saved her from.

LOL

Some names already suggested.

ACAPPELLA

BEAUCOUP

Blueberry

BRANDY

CADENCE

CASSIDY

CATALINA

CHORIZA

CONELLA

EUPHRATES

EXTREME

EXPENSIVE

FAJITA

Friday

JALAPEŅA

JUANITA

MERCEDES

MOLLY

MADISON

PATCHES

PHD

PLATTY

PADDY

PUNKY

ROSARITA

ROXY

SYNERGY

TANGERINE

T.J. (TIJUANA)

TORTILLA

VERONICA

VICTORIA

XENA

ZOPPICA

Original Post, I'm gona go get me a puppy! (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=109006#post109006)

nc.gal
01-05-05, 09:30 AM
LADY

She's a fine looking lady.:)

thedrifter
01-05-05, 09:33 AM
Brown Star

Ellie

Sparrowhawk
01-05-05, 09:34 AM
LMAO

I call too many "Lady," as a form of endearment to too many wimen, at starbucks, my secretary, neighbors, lol

I would get in trouble, if I named her LADY... lol

Osotogary
01-05-05, 09:37 AM
T.J.? You mean Teresa Juanita. That's her formal name...or at least the one the church recognizes.
You could name her Liberty...as in what you used to take. How about...
Weekend Pass,
Mail Call,
Morning Delight,
P-38,
C-rat
Seabag
or..and I know that this might be your favorite...Sh*tbird! LOL
Have fun.

JAG5150
01-05-05, 09:37 AM
Lizzy Borden, from the pages of famous criminals who got off scott free. (L.B.)

airframesguru
01-05-05, 09:43 AM
nc gal heeh

Sempers

Hooch

skivee

C-Rat

mama sahn

daddies baby ( i know your on the way)

muffin

Get one of those books of 10000 babies names?

B A Hall
01-05-05, 09:44 AM
Sparrowhawk I would like to email you something on starbucks they do not support our troops.Name of dog Latrine.

Namvet67
01-05-05, 09:49 AM
Looks like CookieII to me

nc.gal
01-05-05, 09:57 AM
GINGER ?????

B A Hall
01-05-05, 10:13 AM
LOUELLA,SISSY

Toby M
01-05-05, 10:14 AM
# 4 or when you are mad at her for chewing up your newpaper or slippers, Numbnuts...(is this a bad word?)

marinemom
01-05-05, 10:17 AM
Brownsideout, lol

TracGunny
01-05-05, 10:30 AM
http://pets.htmlplanet.com/girl-dog-names.html

TracGunny
01-05-05, 10:32 AM
Julie Chao of the Examiner staff

It seems Max and Molly have gone to the dogs.

In the past, people have tended to name their pets after a physical or personality trait - hence Spot or Rover. But an Examiner computer analysis has uncovered a new trend: Human names are all the rage for canines.

Of 12,706 dogs registered in San Francisco, 137 are named Max; there is only one Fido. Max is also top dog in Marin.

And of the 10 most popular dog names in San Francisco, seven are suitable for humans; in Marin, all but one are. Molly, Jake, Lucy and Sam are big in both counties.

Mary Fishman, of Oakland, doesn't need a database to tell her that dogs are people, too. Her 11-year-old daughter, Liana Berliner, named their Old English sheep dogs Maggie and Alice.

"She thinks of her dogs more like people," Fishman said. "They're her friends."

The study of names has a name as well - onomastics.

"It may seem silly to get into discussing pet names, but it tells you a lot," said onomastician Leonard Ashley, an English professor at Brooklyn College. "It's not trivia. It's human behavior. Mankind names things - and names show the psychology behind it all."

A survey of several hundred dog owners in New York and Los Angeles conducted last year by Kal Kan, a dog food manufacturer, echoed The Examiner's findings: people names are in vogue and Max is No. 1.

"More and more, pets are true family members," said company spokeswoman Alice Nathanson.

Max Herschend, exercising her black mutt, Lou, in San Francisco's Dolores Park, said she used to think she had a lot of fans when she went to the park.

"I heard it all the time - Max! Max!" she said. "At first I thought, gee, someone likes me."

In three years as a groomer for Pets Unlimited, a nonprofit pet hospital in San Francisco, Allison Hatcher has noticed a micro-trend.

"We're seeing a group of yuppies coming up with more serious names, like Wallace and Miles," she said. "We're also seeing a lot of Zacks and Zoes."

One caveat to the dog data is that most people don't register their dogs. Carl Friedman, director of San Francisco Animal Care and Control, estimates the total number of dogs in the county at about 75,000 to 85,000. His estimate is based on the national average of 25 to 30 percent of households have dogs.

Although the pet database is littered with a cat entry here and there, cat registration is not required in San Francisco. But anecdotally, evidence from observers and from parts of the country that do register cats suggests they tend to get more traditional animal names, such as Tiger, Misty, and yes, Kitty.

Pet observers agree on some generalizations. For example, men give manly names, and women don't.

"With men, you tend to see more macho names, like Spike," said Brenda Hennen, a receptionist at All Pets Hospital in San Francisco. "We see a lot of thugs and hoodlums - their pets' names are always like Felony or Gangsta. Some guy's cat was named Torque.

"With women, we get a lot of girly names - Samantha, Natasha, things like that."

But there are exceptions.

"I'm always surprised how unashamed men are to have a ridiculous name for their pet, like Miss Kitty Poo Poo," said Hatcher, adding that she's talking about gay and straight men.

Hatcher had another observation: "A lot of young Asian women give names like Pooky or Booboo, names most people would be embarrassed to say out loud."

Lynn Crawford was surprised to learn that Lady is the top name in San Francisco for female dogs. Exercising her dog, Sophie, at the Eureka Valley Rec Center in the Castro District, Crawford said: "Here you're more likely to find Queenie. We've gone beyond Lady."

One undisputed fact: Dogs who bite are most often named Rocky. According to Health Department records, of about 375 dog bites recorded from 1994 to 1997, seven were perpetrated by a Rocky. Next were Mugsy, Max and Zeke, each tied with six bites.

Onomastician Ashley noted that the rise of leash laws put a choke on Rover and the decline of Latin students has squashed Fido, from the Latin for faithful. San Francisco has just five Rovers and one Fido.

Jim Breeden, in Dolores Park walking his boyfriend's beagle / Australian cattle dog mix, explained that Armistead was named after San Francisco writer Armistead Maupin.

Breeden said his boyfriend both admired the writer and saw similarities to the dog.

"He's old and gray and chubby," he said. "He's also very sweet and well-behaved."

Still, he's not sure Maupin would be flattered. "(My boyfriend) lives in fear of running into Armistead (the human)," Breeden said.

When children are allowed to choose the name, Disney can have a big influence. In San Francisco alone, "The Lion King" has spawned 17 Simbas.

Some owners name the dog based on the breed's country of origin.

"This is new in the last generation or two - if it's a German breed of dog, people want to give it a German name, as if it could speak German," scoffed Ashley.

In the next breath, he insisted that a Weimaraner he once had really could pronounce its name, or at least part of it - Wolfgang.

Some choose names based on personal reasons. Wolf Frenkel, a San Francisco attorney, named his dog based on a childhood vendetta. In eighth grade, he got into a heated name-calling argument with a friend, Alistair.

"I got so angry at him, I told him, "I'm going to name my dog after you!' " Frenkel recalled.

Twenty years later, he got a golden retriever and named her Allie.

And now for the adult portion of the story, we present Eric Skiver's Jack Russell terrier, Boner.

"Yeah, that's my Boner," he said nonchalantly while watching the little dog race around a park in the Castro. "He was a Christmas present."

He said he decided on the name when the dog started acting amorously with his arm. After three years, Skiver said even friends who swore they'd never call him Boner have gotten used to the name.

"Sometimes when kids ask me his name, I'll get looks from the parents, but the kids don't care," Skiver said.

And what about at the vet's office? "They usually don't say his name. They just call my name."

http://www.petrix.com/dognames/examiner.html

USMC-FO
01-05-05, 10:33 AM
"GOTYOURSIX" or how bout "SHORTBURST"

It will pretty much confuse the hell out of most everyone of your neighbors I would guess....

femalemarine_89
01-05-05, 10:39 AM
call her molly

femalemarine_89
01-05-05, 10:41 AM
or independance, jazmine, volunteer

Lock-n-Load
01-05-05, 10:44 AM
:marine: 'Hawk....seeing you like the ladies [24/7]...name that cutie......."Baby-Sahn"!!! Semper Fi:marine:

Sgt. Smitty
01-05-05, 10:56 AM
How about Sandi, or Kylee, or Cinder, or Brandi

nc.gal
01-05-05, 11:05 AM
MARTINI ???????????

Sgt. Smitty
01-05-05, 11:06 AM
She's a dog, not a drink.............LOL

DSchmitke
01-05-05, 11:08 AM
Goldie, Mizzy

Sparrowhawk
01-05-05, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Sgt. Smitty
She's a dog, not a drink.............LOL

I like that one, I think NC.Gal knows I like Martini's

LOL

but, them I like tortilla as well. lol

There are some good ones coming up, I might need to give her several names. lol

Sparrowhawk
01-05-05, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by TracGunny

The study of names has a name as well - onomastics.

http://www.petrix.com/dognames/examiner.html

"Onomastic"

I like that one..lol

yellowwing
01-05-05, 11:32 AM
Casey? Or does that sound too much like a hooker?

femalemarine_89
01-05-05, 11:33 AM
how about daisy, short but sweet like the doggie..

Sparrowhawk
01-05-05, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Shaffer
CAS3???

Jerry, she keeps adding numbers, she used to "Cas," then, "CAS2", Now "CAS3", why don't we jump ahead of her and name the puppy CAS4... LMAO

Sparrowhawk
01-05-05, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by yellowwing
Casey? Or does that sound too much like a hooker?

ROTFLMAO

I like that one Yellowwing

"HOOKER"

LOL

femalemarine_89
01-05-05, 11:44 AM
liberty?

nc.gal
01-05-05, 11:46 AM
Callie, Cali girl, short for California ??????

You said that you liked TJ, why not just choose it?????

Sgt. Smitty
01-05-05, 11:49 AM
OK Hawk, see what ya started now? Always someone startin stuff in this place.........

femalemarine_89
01-05-05, 11:50 AM
LOL@smitty.. I dont know you yelled at me this morning.. Good thing you are in oregon.. LOL.. j/k

Sgt. Smitty
01-05-05, 11:51 AM
How about Tammy?

femalemarine_89
01-05-05, 11:53 AM
Yeah I like Tammy.. Its a great and strong name :)
LOL.. Thats it name the dog after a Marine :)

femalemarine_89
01-05-05, 12:14 PM
how about maddie?

sadibenz
01-05-05, 01:23 PM
Cloe (Clo-eee)
Female labs like names with long high pitched vowel sounds at the end. It makes them feel very special and like you are always playing with them.

Namvet67
01-05-05, 01:25 PM
When is the final vote tabulated?

Sparrowhawk
01-05-05, 01:37 PM
She's sick, Kennel cough, they said, and it will be al least three weeks before they know she will be okay.

Can someone just email me a dog from out there someplace...

:(

Never get attach to them...

never get attach to them...

learned that in NAM!!!

Just like a woman, good thing my wife doesn't get sick like that.. would trade her in for a newer model... LOL

Been to a couple of animal shelters, haven't found any other I fancied.

Oh, well... maybe I'll just go driving around looking for one.

There's got to be a stray <strike>woman</strike> dog out there someplace...

garryh123
01-05-05, 01:44 PM
How about "Barfy The Wonder Dog" !.......LOL (just kidding!)

Sparrowhawk
01-05-05, 01:53 PM
of her new dog house finished...

http://marines.bizland.com/doghouse.jpg

thedrifter
01-05-05, 01:56 PM
LMAO.....;) :D

I know I'm Home.....

Ellie

Osotogary
01-05-05, 02:02 PM
That's pizzy news, Sparrowhawk. Maybe she was actually in the Tijuana jail. (I know, I know, bad humor, bad timing. It's just my way of coping.)
Hope everything turns out well. At least she is being taken care of. Hope it isn't some form of pneumonia. Ride this one out if you can.
Best wishes.
Gary

JAG5150
01-05-05, 02:04 PM
Isn't that the way it always goes cook, you get your heart set on a female and they break it every time.
When you do get her name her millenium, it will seem like it has been that long from now until you bring her home.

sadibenz
01-05-05, 02:22 PM
SparrowHawk,
Try one teaspoon of robitussin for 2-4 days. Mixed with her food or straight down the hatch in the morning or when she goes down for the night. (Just Once a day) not to exceed 4 days. The cough should be gone by day 3. If the cough is not tappering off by day 2. (Cough should be gone by day 3, sometimes 4). During this time, you should have the vet check the other dogs in the kennels. Becuase it is an airborne virus that can spread very fast. But, it can be fixed. Steralize the runs and kennels. (Which should be done every day anyhow). Very inportant to help prevent spreading.
It works for my work dog very well. However, We don't have kennel cough around very often at our kennels. Probably twice a year if at all. Because, the general public pets are permitted around or near the work dogs.
They are kept in seperate Kennels and Runs.:banana:

femalemarine_89
01-05-05, 02:34 PM
Kennel cough is nothing. My dog had that and I was told to give her childrens cough medicine. She isnt going to get any better as long as she is in the kennel. When my dog had it it was gone in a couple days. The vet said kids cough syrup as long as it dont have acediminfin in it.. or how ever its spelled.

Sparrowhawk
01-05-05, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by sadibenz
During this time, you should have the vet check the other dogs in the kennels. Becuase it is an airborne virus that can spread very fast. But, it can be fixed. Steralize the runs and kennels. (Which should be done every day anyhow). Very inportant to help prevent spreading.

Do you ever catch illegal (undocumented) dogs, sneeking in?

LOL

woodman
01-05-05, 06:24 PM
Hey Hawk

went for the Lab I see. How about SOONER. sooner you let her out sooner she'll quit ****in in the house ! LOL and sooner you can get back to sleep.

garryh123
01-05-05, 06:27 PM
Awww come on! Barfy The Wonder Dog! Is a great name! She can wear a cape and everything! LOL

femalemarine_89
01-05-05, 06:36 PM
OMG you guys are too much..

femalemarine_89
01-05-05, 06:36 PM
OMG you guys are too much..

femalemarine_89
01-05-05, 07:39 PM
Hope you get your dog though..
http://www.cazzoo.net/modules/Gallery/data/media/88/017.gif

garryh123
01-05-05, 08:45 PM
Oh Sh*T!...honest officer! I only had 1 or 2 drinks! LMAO

Sparrowhawk
01-05-05, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by garryh123
Oh Sh*T!...honest officer! I only had 1 or 2 drinks! LMAO

She just likes to play with handcuff's... LOL

garryh123
01-05-05, 09:09 PM
Regular or fur lined? LOL

garryh123
01-05-05, 09:12 PM
I still have my key from my Deputy dawg days! LOL..it's in my vest somewhere! LOL

Osotogary
01-05-05, 09:17 PM
I found a picture of Barfy the Wonderdog. Sparrowhawk...it is heading your way via e-mail in two minutes.

Sparrowhawk
01-05-05, 09:23 PM
one day. I stopped at Yum Yum Donuts early that morning and I asked if she was going to get a donuts.

She said, no as she was watching what she was eating...

I then asked her if she wanted half of my donut and she said okay.

I got a nice thick frosted donut and I could see her eyes open wide. I cut and gave her half... LMAO

The bottom half, the part without the frosting... LOL

femalemarine_89
01-05-05, 10:04 PM
ROFLMAO.. you are too much sparrow.. and no they are not fur lined.. I like the double lock hinged personally.. LOL

femalemarine_89
01-05-05, 10:06 PM
bad boy bad boy whatcha gonna do whatcha gonna do??

JAG5150
01-06-05, 10:17 AM
Hey cook, I was thinking last night, (I know a dangerous thing), and came up with some ideas. Why not name her a famous name? Something like....

Nikki Cox: You could say I was in bed last night and Nikki Cox crawled in with me.

or

Hillary Clinton: I had to discipline Hillary Clinton last night, she pi$$ed on my floor so I rubbed her nose in it. LOL

or

Carmen Electra: I couldn't sleep last night, Carmen Electra kept me up all night.

Just something to think about

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 10:19 AM
OMG Leave it to you JAG to come up with something like that.. Sounds to me like you need to find something to occupy your mind with..

JAG5150
01-06-05, 10:37 AM
The problem is that I have too much to occupy my mind with, I sometimes have to take a break and think about my brothers and sisters and think of ways to humor them.

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 10:41 AM
And you do a fine job of it. I told my husband yesterday how you and Smitty get me rolling here and he laughed.

JAG5150
01-06-05, 11:01 AM
The way I figure is that we as Marines are misunderstood by the civilian population and with all of the B.S. going on somebody has to keep us going. And you all like me you really like me.

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 11:27 AM
LOL.. yeah I think we like ya.. LOL..

JAG5150
01-06-05, 11:59 AM
See, I'm not that misunderstood.

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 12:01 PM
LOL.. Naw you are not all that misunderstood. You are pretty cool and I know you make me laugh that is for sure.. Between you, smitty and sparrow you guys keep me rolling..

http://www.wtv-zone.com/coplove/Cops/trprcar.gif

Sparrowhawk
01-06-05, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by femalemarine_89

LOL.. A switch hitter... LMAO

http://www.cazzoo.net/modules/Gallery/data/media/88/017.gifhttp://www.wtv-zone.com/coplove/Cops/trprcar.gif

See if you can flash me faster... LMAO

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 12:09 PM
yeah Im a big switch hitter... lol.. You know we love ya cook.. Hmmm flash ya faster.. Im gonna have to think about that one ;)

JAG5150
01-06-05, 01:05 PM
You don't have to worry about me cook, I aint flashing $hi*

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 01:06 PM
But I like to flash.... Cant you tell??

JAG5150
01-06-05, 01:21 PM
Got no problem with that, said that I aint flashing

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 01:26 PM
lol

nc.gal
01-06-05, 02:08 PM
Looks like I logged on the wrong website, thought I was'
on Leatherneck.com, but looks like ADAM 12

:D

JAG5150
01-06-05, 02:16 PM
We were talking about you earlier nc. No more talk about it being in the 70's, we're freezing our a$$e$ off up here in the Northwest.

nc.gal
01-06-05, 02:43 PM
Sorry that you are freezing your buns off, but have you ever
heard of "body heat"?

Maybe you should think of moving to warmer climate:D

JAG5150
01-06-05, 03:05 PM
No, you're right. The cold nights do keep my wife close to me and that is very deffinately a good thing, at least until the kids wedge their way in between us.

Sparrowhawk
01-06-05, 03:08 PM
Do you think, this will work?

Placed the almost finished dog house outfront, maybe, just maybe...

http://marines.bizland.com/Vacancy.jpg

JAG5150
01-06-05, 03:12 PM
Cook, Have you decided on a name for her yet?

Sparrowhawk
01-06-05, 03:36 PM
There have been some outstanding names, will narrow it down once we get a dog... lOL

Went and placed two holds on two dogs that came in yesterday at the sheltar.

I have 1st dips on both of them.

But, they won't be available until the 11th...

Both are females.

One's a Boxer, the other a Basset Hound

http://marines.bizland.com/boxer.jpg

http://marines.bizland.com/BassetHound.jpg

JAG5150
01-06-05, 03:58 PM
Second looks more like a beagle than a bassett.

B A Hall
01-06-05, 03:59 PM
I kinda like the hound.Aint notin like an ol hound dog.

USMC-FO
01-06-05, 04:08 PM
Hmmmm....they both look like they're a mite "concerned" about who might be picking up their options.....

Basset hounds--if they're male--always seem to be draggin their gear on on the deck.....

Can you relate Cook ??

:-)

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 04:39 PM
the second looks more like a beagle and the first does not look like a boxer.. hmmm.. here is a pic of mine.. and shes a boxer..

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/proudnavywife2003/detail?.dir=9505&.dnm=39f0.jpg&.src=ph

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 04:43 PM
oh and by the way sparrow.. you wanted me to flash you faster.. so here ya go..

IMG]http://www.wtv-zone.com/coplove/Cops/flshr.gif[/IMG]

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 04:44 PM
oops I guess it helps if i get ahold of the whole address.. lets try this one again shall we..

http://www.wtv-zone.com/coplove/Cops/flshr.gif

JAG5150
01-06-05, 04:45 PM
Not faster 89, a whole lot slower.

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 04:47 PM
ohhh cook told me faster..
well hell

JAG5150
01-06-05, 05:01 PM
I know you never know who to listen to, hey you out rank both of us, do what you want.

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 05:03 PM
Thats exactually what I do do.. LOL.. No matter what.. I do what Tammy wants to do.. If they dont like me.. BITE ME...
LMFAO

JAG5150
01-06-05, 05:06 PM
So if I don't like do I get to bite? You opened the door, I just stepped through.

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 05:07 PM
Hell I get bit all the time.. One more wont hurt.. But beware I BITE BACK......
Damn I type way to fast..

JAG5150
01-06-05, 05:09 PM
Now I'm getting all excited, I like it rough.

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 05:13 PM
ROFLMAO.. well hell would have to cuff ya then.. put you in your place.. LMFAO

JAG5150
01-06-05, 05:16 PM
Tammy, you know that I have dealt with my share of hand-cuffs, I only ask that you use the chain and not the hinged.

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 05:17 PM
Ohh no sorry I like the hinged.. :D.. Everyone hates the hinged.. The one thing is that I have seen many officers not know how to use them and actually break someones wrists..

JAG5150
01-06-05, 05:20 PM
It's not that, I'm just a big boy and need the little extra room.

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 05:36 PM
well forget those then.. use flex cuffs on you then..
or shall i say modified zip strips.. LOL

JAG5150
01-06-05, 05:39 PM
Whatever works and why do our conversations always get away from what they origionally started out as, no complaints though.

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 05:41 PM
I have no idea.. Guess we tend to lose track.. lol

JAG5150
01-06-05, 05:43 PM
I know that I do, short attention span I guess

I'm sorry, was I saying something?

Where am I???

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 05:46 PM
LOL.. I do that all the time.. I will be talking to someone and get quiet.. and then its like.. what was i saying..

JAG5150
01-06-05, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I call it losing time and sometimes I talk to myself. Sometimes the only intelligent conversation around.

Do you ever look at people and just wonder how they have survived for as long as they have?

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 05:52 PM
OHHH yeah I do.. I ask myself that all the time.. When I would pull someone over, or we actually had one drunk we would always get a call for trespassing on private property. It happened at least once a week. He would try to change his looks but nothing worked. I remember the first time I was fresh on the dept and we ended up going on a foot chase with him, then the next time we had to wrestle him to the ground to get him cuffed. HE was a big pain in the rear if you know what i mean..

JAG5150
01-06-05, 05:57 PM
I worked Mardi Gras in Mobile Al. That was 3 weeks of hell. And no disrespect to anybody from Alabama but there are some really stupid people down there.

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 06:01 PM
Oh yeah there is.. I will never forget the time I was on leave and had my stuff locked in my car at the hotel let alone.. Woke up the next morning to my car and everything GONE.. I went to the Police Dept there and there was some big fat jelly doughnuts sitting behind the desk and I told them that MY CAR HAS BEEN STOLEN.. They laughed and said " Im sorry honey You have come to the wrong place for help.." I said " THIS IS A POLICE STATION.. " They brushed me off and before I ended up in jail, I went to the payphone and called the Police dept back home and they put a trace on the car and about 3 weeks later it was found in Jacksonville, Fl.. FAT ASS COPS IN NEW ORLEANS..

JAG5150
01-06-05, 06:06 PM
Oh yeah, They still have that good ole boy system down there. I made enemies my first week on the job because I was smarter and better trained than most of them. I had to give a Lt. and a Sgt. a field class on identifying the different types of herion when I found some mexican brown in the field.

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 06:08 PM
LOL.. Hell I can remember way back when I was little and still in grade school that we had studied drugs in school and I did a report on them.. I can remember my mom and a friend of hers coming back from a walk and bringing in a piece of a plant.. I can remember saying MOM WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MARIJUANA.. She said OH I didnt know what this was.. But there is awhole lot of it out there. SHe took me out there and be hold out in the woods they had a drug shelter and had plants planted all over the place.. I can remember to this day Having to lead the police dept out there to get the stuff.. To find out it belonged to our neighbor..

JAG5150
01-06-05, 06:10 PM
And a good time was had by all!!!!

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 06:13 PM
Yeah I was only knee high to a grasshopper at that time.. Oh wait I am not much more than that now.. Now I am knee high to a pricker bush.. LOL

JAG5150
01-06-05, 06:15 PM
On the phone, be right back

JAG5150
01-06-05, 06:16 PM
Wife called, can't put her on hold. Well I can but it will be a cold night.

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 06:17 PM
LOL.. expecially with snow in the forecast there Jag.. You better behave..

Dont worry if you got cold i can send over some blankets.. Got a good mink USMC blanket from Korea..

JAG5150
01-06-05, 06:21 PM
Thanks but I still prefer the body heat plus she is the skinny one she'll get cold before me.

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 06:21 PM
LOL.. naw we woman can adapt and overcome.. Oh wait that is only Female Marines.. My bad.. I forget once in awhile..
LOL

JAG5150
01-06-05, 06:23 PM
Yeah she was in the air force but thats o.k. because now she has the Marine Corps in her.

Well not right now but she will later

LOL

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 06:25 PM
LOL.. TMDI... TMDI... thats alright cause after I fix dinner I think I am going to be little fubard..

JAG5150
01-06-05, 06:26 PM
I gotta get going, I'll talk to you all later, this has been a great day thanks all

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 06:27 PM
Yeah I got to get and fix dinner.. Will Catch yall on the flip side.. Have a good night all.. We shall raise more havic tomorrow.. LOL

femalemarine_89
01-07-05, 08:48 PM
let me see if this pic will post.. gonna give it a try.. Wish me luck.. LOL

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/proudnavywife2003/detail?.dir=9505&.dnm=39f0.jpg&.src=ph

humblysuperior
01-07-05, 10:51 PM
Canis A Desipio Cavus would be a good name for your new dog.

S/F, hum

Sparrowhawk
01-08-05, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by humblysuperior
Canis A Desipio Cavus would be a good name for your new dog.

S/F, hum

canis : dog. .... ... desipio :to act foolishly, play the fool, make an ass of one's self. ... cavus : hole, pit

femalemarine_89
01-08-05, 09:32 AM
sounds like someone is messing with ou now Cook..

Sparrowhawk
01-08-05, 09:46 AM
He's been disrespectful to Marines ever since he signed on. I told Jerry about him, and posted his responds to other Marines and is the primary reason Smitty got booted, because he allowed this jerk to get to him, and one thing let to another.

He didn't like that I closed down his tread on Adolf Hitler's quote.

He's not worth my spit, guys like him, didn't last long in combat.

I wouldn't allow individuals like him to carry my gun ammo in Nam. They usually froze, cried in the field or peed in their pants.

They never learned the true meaning of Semper Fi. Never learned to respect other Marines, its always what they know and want, that matters to them. Sort of like the Army.

He's not worth a response, just placed him on my ignore list as he has nothing of value to add to this site or worth a PM response from me.

Sparrowhawk
01-08-05, 09:56 AM
Both dogs are still there.

But I'm beginning to believe one is not a Basset Hound and the other is not a boxer. LOL

The so called Boxer has a nice shine to his color, a reddish, brown color with black and white thrown in. She (both females) wasn't playful, yesterday seems like they all get sad after being in jail for awhile. But maybe she'll appreciate it when I take her home.

They left the cage open the other day and my daughter was with me and since the cage is close to the back door, I told my daughter to bring the car to the back, and I would set her free and we would save her when she escaped, but the janitor came around. LOL

The Basset hound? Was real happy to see me yesterday, she remembered me and was going crazy from the time I walked in, so if no one claims her, she's coming home with me. Have always liked it, when women wag their tails for me... LMAo

http://marines.bizland.com/boxer.jpg

http://marines.bizland.com/BassetHound.jpg

Right after breakfast the whole family is going to go visit them, see what the girls think of them. May have to build another dog house.

Once we get them home, one or the other or both, then we'll decide what to call her.

Lots of good names have been suggested.

SF

Cook

femalemarine_89
01-08-05, 10:02 AM
Hey sparrow that top one might be a boxer if it was mixed with a Jack Russel terrier.. LOL.. Its possible ya know.. And the bottom one is definately not a bassett. That is a beagle for sure. Grew up with them. It looks like the long leg version. If it was a bassett her ears would droop almost to the floor, and her legs would be so stubby that she would almost be dragging on the ground.. Even as a puppy.. And she would have the saddest looking eyes.. But watch out with a beagle as if she is going to be an outside dog she is going to do a whole lot of barking. Thats what happened with ours, the rabbits made her bark, the squirls made her bark.. Everything that got in sight will make her howl.

Sparrowhawk
01-08-05, 10:09 AM

And the bottom one is ... a beagle ... the long leg version. If it was a bassett her ears would droop almost to the floor, and her legs would be so stubby that she would almost be dragging on the ground.. ,,,

[/IMG]

Heck if you didn't just describe an old girl friend of mine. LMAO

PS Saw all 18 of your pictures last night. Paid $19.95 for them on the Internet, but I have placed them on E-bay for $23.49, so far the bit is up to $35.95... LOl

good looking family.

Cook

femalemarine_89
01-08-05, 10:22 AM
LOL... woo hooo do I get a profit off of them? LOL.. Thanks we are a happy family too.. even the damn dog.. Oh can you believe we got little dusting of snow lastnight.. we woke up just to see it.. LOL

woodman
01-08-05, 10:24 AM
hey Hawk your neighbors will love ya if'n ya get the hound. You'll be slumpped down in your easy chair sippin' irish coffee and yer hound will be singing at the top of her lungs at the birds and squirells..

woodman
01-08-05, 10:25 AM
Always a crowd favorite at zero dark thirty...lol

femalemarine_89
01-08-05, 10:29 AM
LOL.. If that isnt the truth.. Still cant believe I was up and not able to go back to sleep..

woodman
01-08-05, 10:40 AM
besides then you can still call her SOONER. the sooner she quits singing at the other critters...the sooner the cops will quit showing up at your door.

femalemarine_89
01-08-05, 10:42 AM
Hey Cook.. Here is another name for her.. Shelby..

garryh123
01-08-05, 10:49 AM
I still think "Barfy The Wonder Dog" is best....I shall not rest till someone names their dog "Barfy the Wonder Dog"! And don't forget the BTWD cape!LOL

femalemarine_89
01-08-05, 10:56 AM
LOL@garry.. sorry my dog is already named.. her name is daisy, stupid, dog, dummy.. whatever you want to call her but late for dinner :))

humblysuperior
01-08-05, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
He's been disrespectful to Marines ever since he signed on. I told Jerry about him, and posted his responds to other Marines and is the primary reason Smitty got booted, because he allowed this jerk to get to him, and one thing let to another.

He didn't like that I closed down his tread on Adolf Hitler's quote.

He's not worth my spit, guys like him, didn't last long in combat.

I wouldn't allow individuals like him to carry my gun ammo in Nam. They usually froze, cried in the field or peed in their pants.

They never learned the true meaning of Semper Fi. Never learned to respect other Marines, its always what they know and want, that matters to them. Sort of like the Army.

He's not worth a response, just placed him on my ignore list as he has nothing of value to add to this site or worth a PM response from me.

It is a shame that Sparrowhawk lacks the integrity to tell you all the truth about his own actions. But so it is with men who will distort and lie in order to selfishly get their own way, everyone else be damned. If there is an individual on this forum who exemplifies a me first, my way or the highway mentality it is this "man".
The folowing is his PM's to me. I had never contacted this individual before and had never contacted him in any way and this is how he introduces himself to me:

Date/Time Sent: January 07 2005,05:14 PM
To: humblysuperior
Subject: ?

Are you saying this is a picture of you?

http://www.leatherneck.com/photopost/data/500/17673a-marine-and-his-tow.jpg

Date/Time Sent: January 07 2005,05:51 PM
To: humblysuperior
Subject: Re: ?

[quote]
humblysuperior wrote on January 07 2005 02:42 PM:
I am. Is there a problem?
S/F, hum

[quote]

Are you saying this is a picture of you?

http://www.leatherneck.com/photopost/data/500/17673a-marine-and-his-tow.jpg

Good, I just wanted to see what an ******* really looked like.

Now I know.
================================================== ========================

What a fine Marine to greet and treat a fellow Marine whom he has never met in this manner. So this is where my canis suggestion comes from. This guy whines about SEMPER FIDELIS when he hasn't clue one what it means or how to display or live it. I wonder if they didn't put him on point for his entire tour just hoping, hoping, hoping. He claims to be some sort of pastor, what kind of "man" of the cloth would be so demeaning to another? This "man" claims to have been some sort of chaplain for the LAPD, no wonder it is one the most corrupt, inmmoral and low in morale law enforcement agencies in the country when you have clowns like this administering spiritual guidance. This "man" is not worth the crap I scrape of my boot and I will give him no more of my time. I have made the administrator aware of his inablity to moderate any forum with any semblance of an open mind.

S/F, hum

garryh123
01-08-05, 11:01 AM
Here we go again....humbly....just leave

femalemarine_89
01-08-05, 11:14 AM
This is what you call trying to get stuff started. Its because of this that someone who should not have been kicked from the site was. I think that this individule needs to be moderated alittle more closely and if anyone should be gone I honestly believe it should be this individule.. I will not call him a Marine because his actions are not of any Marine that I know or have known in the past. The actions are only of some individule that has nothing better to do with his time..

humblysuperior
01-08-05, 11:20 AM
Great, you all condone his actions? I guess I should re-examine my role in him calling me an a$$hole without provocation. Pathetic.

hum

PS: individual not individule

femalemarine_89
01-08-05, 11:21 AM
Well YOU ARE AN ARSSHOLE.. I dont care.. That is how a majority of people feel on here..

yellowwing
01-08-05, 11:22 AM
Sheet-after that Stolichnaya I slept like a baby! Damn commie alcohol!

femalemarine_89
01-08-05, 11:23 AM
lol@Yellow.. and you wake up to this already this morning.. are you sure its even a new day??
Seems like dejavu.. or how the hell ever you spell it..

Sparrowhawk
01-08-05, 11:24 AM
I still think "Barfy The Wonder Dog" is best....I shall not rest till someone names their dog "Barfy the Wonder Dog"! And don't forget the BTWD cape!LOL

Don't know about Barfy, but I like the Wonder Dog part; she has already showed a remarkable ability to understand and remember both Spanish and English.

Why, just yesterday, I walked up to her and ask, if she understood Spanish for her to wag her tail and she did.

I then asked her if she wanted to go home with me, in English this time and she wagged her tail, how she remembered makes her a Wonder Dog for sure.

At this rate, she is already showing signs of extremely high intelligence and may replace Jim the Wonder Dog (http://www.jimthewonderdog.com/) as the next wonder of the world.

May have to start a new mall here at Leatherneck.com for all the merchandize we can market with her... Cup's, T-shirts, wonder food. LOL

garryh123
01-08-05, 11:24 AM
Crap! Now I need a drink!....LMAO....just kidding!

humblysuperior
01-08-05, 11:26 AM
Well YOU ARE AN ARSSHOLE.. I dont care.. That is how a majority of people feel on here..

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. After reading a number of your self serving and self important posts, I wonder if I am entitled to my opinion that you are an overbearing BITTCH. I will just speak for myself on that, and not try to speak for a whole group of people I do not represent.

S/F, hum

femalemarine_89
01-08-05, 11:26 AM
LOL@ Cook.. sounds like a dog that just wants out of the jail.. Heck you would wag your tail and no matter what anyone said to you too just so you could be free.. LOL

femalemarine_89
01-08-05, 11:27 AM
ROFLMAO.. GO AHEAD AND CALL ME A B**** DONT BOTHER ME.. I HAVE BEEN CALLED ALOT WORSE BY BETTER PEOPLE THAN YOU..
Enough said..

garryh123
01-08-05, 11:34 AM
LOL Sparrowhawk!..i had a fellow Marine when i was with VMFAT-101 at MCAS Yuma, Az.....82-85...he named his dog Barfy....then it drowned in a canal a few weeks later....bad sign? LOL

Sparrowhawk
01-08-05, 11:35 AM
Are in Co-HOOTS together!!!

http://marines.bizland.com/BARFY.jpg

humblysuperior
01-08-05, 11:36 AM
ROFLMAO.. GO AHEAD AND CALL ME A B**** DONT BOTHER ME.. I HAVE BEEN CALLED ALOT WORSE BY BETTER PEOPLE THAN YOU..
Enough said..

Enough.
S/F, hum

femalemarine_89
01-08-05, 11:36 AM
LOL... Now that is a good one Cook.. that is a good one.. Glad I didnt look that bad when i was hugging the porcelin god..

garryh123
01-08-05, 11:37 AM
go away humbly

femalemarine_89
01-08-05, 11:55 AM
Its all good garry.. Intelligence is a virtue.. some of us have it and others never will. I am not going to let them get under my skin.. I will take it to higher matters and let them deal with it.. Hope that they do the right thing.

Toby M
01-08-05, 01:44 PM
humblysuperior-What the heck is your problem? Why don't you go off somewhere and bother someone else!!! This site is for real Marines...we don't mind a little interaction from members but you are getting downright disrespectful and obnoxious! Take a long hike off a short pier...

Sparrowhawk
01-08-05, 05:16 PM
Both dogs are still there.

Manager says most likely the owner will not pick them up before Tuesday morning.

While I have chosen two, I will probaly take only one. Found out that the boxer is a mix between a boxer and a pointer. Dog hasn't barked once since I've seen her but cuddle up to me when I go there, just like a typical female. LMAO

http://marines.bizland.com/doginjail.jpg

The Basset Hound is a beagle, and they changed that on her status today. She is still as playful as ever and wanting planty of attention, she would be a high maintenance dog.

Heck, a good wimen like that, I'm am sure someone will take her if I don't.

I think I like the boxer/pointer because she's almost a redhead and has freckles. LOL

thedrifter
01-08-05, 05:19 PM
Cook don't You have enough women in Your Life....;) :D

She is cute Cook....
How can any women not cuddle up to You...You make it to easy....LMAO

woodman
01-08-05, 05:58 PM
heck cook all wimen are high maint.... one of the wimen 10 commandments LOL

Hmmmm a boxer/pointer mix.
wonder if that means you can pointer at the box with the beer in it and bring ya one. and here's the good part, the SOONER the better hehehe
enjoy

femalemarine_89
01-08-05, 06:11 PM
LOL.. Hey now.. Not all women are high maint.. You know some of you MEN are high maint..

woodman
01-08-05, 06:37 PM
yes we are fm.... feed us, jump us, and leave the damn remote alone !!! lol Throw in some beer and it's like a 2nd honeymoon hehehe

Sparrowhawk
01-08-05, 06:44 PM
All I ever wanted in a woman was for her to be toothless and to own a bar...

femalemarine_89
01-08-05, 08:39 PM
Damn Cook.. Only you would say something like that.. Now my husband isnt all that high maint.. He gets what he wants. But then again I do too.. LOL..

Still a Marine
01-08-05, 09:26 PM
How about Codi?

Sparrowhawk
01-09-05, 09:52 AM
http://marines.bizland.com/raining.jpg

Now it's raining Cats and Dogs..

http://marines.bizland.com/raincatsndogs.jpg

Think I'll run out there and see if I can catch a dog before it hits the ground....

Sparrowhawk
01-09-05, 12:43 PM
Might name her Saturday, since to me everyday is Saturday. LOL

Look at those eyes!

Typical female, eyes that don't let you know what they are thinking!!!

http://marines.bizland.com/Saturday.jpg

garryh123
01-09-05, 12:52 PM
Just put some duct tape over her eyes.......she may bump into the walls every once in awhile.....but at least you can't be suckered in by "the look"....LOL

Sparrowhawk
01-09-05, 02:42 PM
http://marines.bizland.com/taped.jpg

Humm reminds me of something....

not the first time, I've seen duct tape used on a female.

http://www.jrgach.com/pictures/duct-tape.jpg

sadibenz
01-09-05, 02:57 PM
What hapened to the female yellow lab?

Sparrowhawk
01-09-05, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by sadibenz
What hapened to the female yellow lab?

the day we paid for her and they took her to the back to have her fixed, she became real sick with Kennel cough, said she wouldn't be available for two-three weeks.

I think they messed up, because I checked in the sick room, where she was suppose to be and she wasn't there.

Wasn't anywhere in the place.

Think, they messed up then had to put her to sleep. Not the best run sheltar in the area, has been in the news a lot lately because of incompetent managers.

Cook

sadibenz
01-09-05, 03:33 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

snipowsky
01-09-05, 03:44 PM
Aww that dog is so cute!

femalemarine_89
01-09-05, 06:36 PM
Very cute dog there Cook.. But no duct dape over the eyes.. You have to see the eyes.. You know she will be able to see into your soul.. But anyways, I am sure she will be a good dog..

Osotogary
01-09-05, 07:58 PM
How about:
Boxer Shorts
Boxer Trunks
BVD
She's a cutie, should be very good with children.

nc.gal
01-09-05, 09:18 PM
1. Pepper

2. Pepsi

3. Freckles

4. Barbie

5. Ruby

6. Dolly

7. CD(cute dog)

8. Liberty

9. Cupcake

10. Hunter

garryh123
01-09-05, 09:45 PM
Well...I still like Barfy the Wonder Dog!

ldylvsroses
01-09-05, 10:16 PM
How about Cleo?

soopatroop
01-10-05, 12:46 AM
one of my buddies has a dog that is named deeeooohhgeee or d.o.g

yellowwing
01-10-05, 05:10 AM
FND Freakin' New Dog!

garryh123
01-10-05, 05:38 AM
Hey Sparrow! Who's the hottie in the red top? She looks to be far superior than the tape job blond! LOL

Sparrowhawk
01-10-05, 06:18 AM
Hey Sparrow! Who's the hottie in the red top? She looks to be far superior than the tape job blond! LOL

I think she's the one, that got the boob job.

Typical women, got an uplift job done then she goes and hides it!

LOL

garryh123
01-10-05, 06:26 AM
LMAO! She hides it well! I gots ta smack me womenz down who make it obvious! LMAO....just kidding!

JAG5150
01-10-05, 05:14 PM
Cook, shouldn't you be bringing your new dog tomorrow, or have there been some more delays?

Sparrowhawk
01-10-05, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by JAG5150
Cook, shouldn't you be bringing your new dog tomorrow, or have there been some more delays?

See the dog, today. The Van Buran bridge over the Santa Ana River just caved in due to the flooding in the area.

Tomorrow I pay for her, they have her fixed and I'll be able to take her home late tomorrow or early Wednesday.

Don't want her to associate me with the pain they cause her, so I probably will pick her up Wednesday.

The owner if one claims her, has until 6:00 pm tonight to do that.

Going to see if I can find a flat cat roadkill, to begin training her... LMAO

nc.gal
01-10-05, 07:17 PM
:mad:

Sparrowhawk
01-11-05, 02:32 PM
The final list, now to narrow it down. emailing the list to my five daughters to narrow it down to five final names.

Anyone care to submit your fianl five picks?

I still don't have any name selected.

Some real good ones have been submitted.

Cook

ACAPPELLA

BABY-SAHN

BARBIE

BARFY THE WONDER DOG

BEAUCOUP

BLUEBERRY

BRANDY

BRANDI

BROWN STAR

BROWNSIDEOUT

CALLIE

CALI GIRL

CADENCE

CARMEN ELECTRA

CASEY

CD(CUTE DOG)

CASSIDY

CATALINA

CHORIZA

CINDER

CLOE (CLO-EEE)

CLEO

COLLEEN

CONELLA

C-RAT

CUPCAKE

DADDIES BABY

DOGGIE

DEEEOOOHHGEEE

DOLLY

EUPHRATES

EXTREME

EXPENSIVE

FAJITA

FND FREAKIN' NEW DOG

FRECKLES

FRIDAY

GINGER

GOLDIE

GOTYOURSIX

HILLARY CLINTON

HOOCH

HOOKER

HUNTER

INDEPENDANCE,

JALAPEŅA

JASMINE

JUANITA

JULIE CHAO

KYLEE

LIBERTY

LIZZY BORDEN

LOUELLA

MARTINI

MERCEDES

MISUNDERSTOOD

MIZZY

MOLLY

MADISON

MADDIE

MAIL CALL

MAMA SAHN

MUFFIN

MOLLY

MORNING DELIGHT

NIKKI COX:

NUMBNUTS

ONOMASTIC

P-38

PATCHES

PEPPER

PEPSI

PHD

PLATTY

PADDY

PUNKY

ROSARITA

ROXY

RUBY

SEABAG

SANDI,

SEMPERS

SHELBY

SHORTBURST

SISSY

SKIVEE

SOONER

SYNERGY

TAMMY

TANGERINE

T.J. (TIJUANA)

TERESA JUANITA

TORTILLA

VERONICA

VICTORIA

WEEKEND PASS

XENA

ZOPPICA

yellowwing
01-11-05, 02:43 PM
Baby-Sahn!

"HILLARY CLINTON", 'ya got to be kidding us! :)

nc.gal
01-11-05, 02:48 PM
1. Brandi

2. CD (cute dog)

3. Dolly

4. Freckles

5. Pepper

JAG5150
01-11-05, 03:10 PM
I still like and the exaple that I gave:

I had to slap Hillary Clinton yesterday, she messed on my floor.

yellowwing
01-11-05, 03:16 PM
Rolled up newspaper, and rub her nose in it? :D

thedrifter
01-11-05, 03:20 PM
What no fluffy on the list....

There is always a fluffy;) :D

Wish You luck Cook....

Ellie

JAG5150
01-11-05, 07:28 PM
Well Cook, according to my watch it is 1728. How's the new dog?

Sparrowhawk
01-11-05, 07:30 PM
http://marines.bizland.com/dooooggggeeee.jpg

Yeap!, She has that ornary look, alright!

She was fixed, had a micro chip inserted and is drowsy as all get up.

While wife drove home, I sat with her in the backseat, she got up and laid across my lap. Typical women.. LOL

When we got home, she walked around the back yard, then crawled into her dog house and hasn't left since.

Gave her three blankets, set some water next to her, she's not hungry.. too drowsy from the drugs I think. But come early tomorrow morning, I think we'll get aquainted, at the fire chat.

Wife said, she'lll sit at my feet and keep my feet warm, I said that was her job. LOL

greensideout
01-11-05, 07:53 PM
Good looking dog Cook. She looks loyal, foot warmer for sure.

Osotogary
01-11-05, 10:08 PM
She may even cut off the circulation in your legs if she lays there long enough. That's always fun. Nice looking dog for sure. What's the name?

cockscap70
01-11-05, 11:43 PM
Gitmoh, for Get me outta here.

JAG5150
01-12-05, 10:49 AM
So Cook have you come up with a name or are you just calling her girl?

Sparrowhawk
01-12-05, 10:58 AM
Narrowing it down...

So far Madison and Patches, Pepper as well as Ginger are getting the most votes.

I tried calling her sooner, but she didn't even look up.

Had her up early this morning by the front porch, then went inside for a cup of coffee and dang if she didn't jump up to sit in my spot.

When I came back, there she sat, wagging her tail, but I told her, it won't do her no good. I know of too many wimen that wag their tails trying to get me to let them lay down on my spot.

LMAo

Osotogary
01-12-05, 12:14 PM
Imagine......your dog doing a lap dance just to sit on your spot. Now there is a cartoon. LMAO

femalemarine_89
01-13-05, 11:34 AM
Glad to see you got your dog there Cook. SHe is a cute dog, still looks like a liberty to me.. LOL.

Sparrowhawk
01-14-05, 08:37 AM
In the end it came down to two names;

Jasmine or Madison.

Madison, based on the dingy blode on Moonlighting, fits her the most, as she can be graceful, but a pain in the butt at the same time.

But then again so does the name Jasmine based ont he movie; Second Hand Lions. LOL

She likes to sit next my office door, during the day and is already being protective. She's only 14 months old according to the vet.

http://marines.bizland.com/MaddogII.jpg

http://marines.bizland.com/Madison.jpg

JAG5150
01-14-05, 10:37 AM
Good looking dog Cook.

Timber
01-14-05, 10:48 AM
Looks good Cook.

woodman
01-15-05, 08:51 AM
Glad ya finaly got her home cook.

Sparrowhawk
01-15-05, 09:50 AM
She's can be a pain in the neck, Madison fits were well. She does remind me of Maddie Hayes from that TV show Moonlighting.

The show first Aired in March 1985

http://www.tvtome.com/images/shows/0/3/1-4828.jpg

Former fashion model Maddie Hayes goes broke and finds that one of her few remaining assets is ownership of the Blue Moon Detective Agency, she is tempted to liquidate it until she meets the quirky employees and gets involved in their even quirkier cases.

http://www.crazyabouttv.com/Images/moonlighting.jpg

The show starred Cybill Shepherd and Bruce Willis as constantly bickering private detectives.

Madison, Maddy was a little dingy, but a fox when she got dressed up.

I call the dog Madison, and Maddy when she messes up. LOL

jo_beth
01-15-05, 10:42 AM
"pubby!"

lol