PDA

View Full Version : "Yes sir, this recruit did sign up for free dental..."

TRLewis
01-04-05, 07:28 PM
I'm sure some of you heard that before, I just thought it was funny. My ship date gets moved, and my freaking tooth fell out. Remember parents, make your kids brush their teeth, everyday, use listerine for a minute, braces can mess up your teeth bad if you dont brush proper.

TRLewis
01-05-05, 06:36 AM
::looks at avatar, hash mark::

I don't go to boot camp. :)

CrazyBrave83
03-26-06, 01:37 PM
Yes they will, they'll remove them during Team Week...I was scheduled to have mine removed then.

And wow, talk about bringing back an old thread. Whatever happened to TR anyway?!

Future-USMC-LT
03-26-06, 04:13 PM
Will they really remove your wisdom teeth at boot camp?! My fiancee just had his teeth cleaned! (he's a rct) He said nothing about wisdom teeth being removed.
:o

wow.

Mine were removed near the end of week 2. They would have removed them later, but my gums were covering up about half of each wisdom tooth, so the doctor wanted to remove them to prevent infection. I was on bedrest for one day, and light duty for 3.

DobbinsBlythe
03-26-06, 04:29 PM
icky. I had mine removed last year.. I didn't stop bleeding for about 8 hours haha. My dentist wouldnt answer his phone afterwards. I hope David doesn't get to shorted out by it. He'll probably be happy to have his wisdom teeth removed.

AmyG
03-27-06, 10:02 AM
Oh, bummer. I like my wisdom teeth. Why do they pull them? Mine have been in for a couple years and never bothered me.

Parker-0321
03-27-06, 10:09 AM
Question.. i hate dentists, bout the only thing i truly fear (lol), should i get em pulled now or at basic. im one of those "hey seriously, knock me out with the gas doc" type patients, i HATE the dentist.

jgorosco
03-27-06, 10:10 AM
They won't pull em out if they are already out. I kept mine in cause the Dentist said I had room in my jaw for them or some crap like that. But they don'y always pull them out.

DobbinsBlythe
03-27-06, 10:15 AM
I'd get them pulled now if they're bothering you or if your dentist suggests it. My mouth wasn't healed for like a week, and I had a hard time eating solid foods when my wisdom teeth were pulled. I'd rather get it out of the way and not have an EXTRA burden on me at boot if I were you. I feel bad for my fiancee lol.

Parker-0321
03-27-06, 10:16 AM
They won't pull em out if they are already out.

GOD I HOPE NOT!!

hrscowboy
03-27-06, 10:52 AM
Hahahahaha god what has my Marine Corps come too.. In my days in the old corps you didnt have to have them pulled, because all you had to do was screw up and the drill instructor knocked them out for you... hahaha

Future-USMC-LT
03-27-06, 11:08 AM
Or pulled them out with a large pair of rusty pliers.