PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a Printer

Sparrowhawk
01-04-05, 10:03 AM
Probably a laser color printer for my pictures.

I'm looking for one that does quality, professional prints.

Any suggestions?

Cook

JAG5150
01-04-05, 10:10 AM
It has been quite a while since I was looking for one but when I was all of the so called experts said that the Lexmark was the best on the market. I am however in no way an expert in the field of computers so this is just hearsay.

femalemarine_89
01-04-05, 10:37 AM
I can say that the lexmark isnt all that great.. I have one personally and they dont print worth the damn..

yellowwing
01-04-05, 10:38 AM
The color laser printers are all micro-encoded now to discourage counterfieting. Not that you would, but you can't leave anonymous color prints on your neighbor's garage anymore! ;)

Research the costs of the replacement ink cartridges. That's where they really stick it to you!

Toby M
01-04-05, 10:42 AM
I just bought an HP psc 2175 all-in one and it does an excellent job. It was a refurbished one from E-bay...I printed up a whole slew of pictures of my son's wedding and gave them out for Christmas. Everyone was suitibly impressed! Additional note: I found that even witha good digital (5.0 or better), you still have to have a good photographer. My daughter took most of the wedding pictures but a "professional" photographer (friend of the bride and doing them a favor) didn't do so hot. A lot of his pictures were blurry, which made me hot!!! HP and Lexmark had the best reviews when I checked but HP is local so I went with them.

femalemarine_89
01-04-05, 11:32 AM
im partial to Dell as I have a whole dell system. I am looking at a Dell all in one printer, scanner and such.. SO hope that turns out to be a good one.. Bidding on one on ebay.. I get alot of stuff thru ebay.. Have never had a problem with any of it.

Osotogary
01-04-05, 11:50 AM
I switched to Canon because of the ink cartridges, they are manufactured for the current model of ink jet printers (each color) seperately and there was a good photo suite program that came along with it. I don't know about laser desk tops. I can't afford them.

DSchmitke
01-04-05, 12:11 PM
Had pretty good luck with HP printers.

garryh123
01-04-05, 01:27 PM
I got my HP at a thrift store a couple years ago for $30. Someone thought it was broken because the print head was stuck. I lubed it up and has been doing a fine job ever since. Fine photo quality print also.

femalemarine_89
01-04-05, 01:31 PM
I just got a Dell all in one so we shall see how that is going to work..

airframesguru
01-04-05, 01:35 PM
Cook,

Have you ever looked at www.cnet.com?

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-7604_7-1016838-1.html?tag=dir.prntbg