PDA

View Full Version : Lend me your strength

JAG5150
01-03-05, 01:41 PM
I am asking you all, my brothers and sisters to remember me and my family in your prayers. This morning my father went into surgery to repair an anurism in his leg. He has another on his heart that will be looked at after this surgery. The leg surgery is medium risk but the one on his heart is most deffinately high risk. I would like to thank you in advance for your prayers and support.
Semper Fi

Namvet67
01-03-05, 01:55 PM
You got it JAG5150...prayer on the way from Texas. gbudd

Osotogary
01-03-05, 01:57 PM
I'm never out of time for a good prayer or a good thought. May everything turn out for the best.
Gary

jinelson
01-03-05, 02:04 PM
Prayers out in California JAG5150 for the surgery as well as a speedy and full recovery.

Jim

yellowwing
01-03-05, 02:14 PM
You got it, Seattle is never too far to pray with a buddy.

nc.gal
01-03-05, 02:37 PM
DONE

femalemarine_89
01-03-05, 02:38 PM
You got it Jag.. Prayer on its way to seattle.. Keep your faith and be strong during this tough time. I know how tough it can be in a time like this..

CAR
01-03-05, 04:05 PM
We will put in our prayers to the Almighty, that he may watch over your father and give strength to the family. Stay strong.

JAG5150
01-03-05, 05:44 PM
Thanks, I appreciate all of the prayers. There is strength in numbers, and I know that I am not alone.

grayshade
01-03-05, 06:18 PM
I am sure everything will go fine, my prayers and thoughts are with you this day, and all to follow. Tell the ol' fella I said hi, that we all say hello.

HardJedi
01-03-05, 06:31 PM
believe me, buddy, you are right, you are never alone. Marines on this site have proved it to me time and time again. Sending every good thought an prayer your way I can.

Sparrowhawk
01-03-05, 07:06 PM
Cook

greensideout
01-03-05, 07:44 PM
I just went through a high risk surgery---my preacher came to be with the wife, my girls and me.

He told a story of Stonewall Jackson that made me fell a bit better.

Jackson was known to be extremely brave and calm on the battlefield, thus "Stonewall".

When he was asked about that in his office he replied, "I was just as safe on the battlefield as I am here in my office. God knows the number of my days, so it doesn't matter where I am.

I wish your father well. He is in God's hands.

Patdaly
01-03-05, 08:32 PM
God Bless you and your Father Jag 5150. Prayers on the way.

mrbsox
01-03-05, 08:45 PM
Incoming :marine:

DSchmitke
01-04-05, 04:53 AM
One more Incoming..

DanBO
01-04-05, 08:07 AM
I know how tough these time can be, I lost my Father-in-law Dec 15th. Remember when the times are the hardest you truely find out who your friends are, I've got your six!

Semper Fi, and good luck to your family.

OLE SARG
01-04-05, 09:19 AM
JAG5150,

Incoming prayers for you and your family. This site is one big family and we are all with you. God bless you and your Dad.

SEMPER FI
OLE SARG

JAG5150
01-04-05, 09:21 AM
Good news and bad, my father came out of the operation O.K. with minor complications. What should have been a 2 or 3 hour surgery turned into 6 hours but turned out fine. The bad news is that 2 more anurisms were discovered and will need to be replaced. We're looking at the probability of 3 more surgeries. The remaining anurisms are located on his heart, behind his right knee, and in his stomach. We are looking at a very long year with a lot of pain. Please continue to remember us in your prayers, it is very much appreciated.

Sparrowhawk
01-04-05, 09:54 AM
For the update...

I guess one day at a time....

Spend as much time as you can with him, cherish the moments.

I never got to know my father, he died when a drunk driver ran him off the road, when I was 4 years old.

SF

Cook

DSchmitke
01-04-05, 09:56 AM
JAG5150 I will keep your father in my prayers. Thanks for the update.

femalemarine_89
01-04-05, 11:00 AM
I will keep him in our prayers as well and you and your family. Thanks for the updates and just keep us posted so we know whats happening.. Take care and SEMPER FI

mrbsox
01-04-05, 01:41 PM
The human body is capable of AMAZING things,
IF
the mind will let it.

The human mind is capable of AMAZING things,
IF
it is truly in tune with him which created it !!

INCOMING !!

:marine:

JAG5150
01-05-05, 10:54 AM
Wouldn't you know it the old man is doing fine, he is asking for a can of skoal and a six pack. Of course he can't have either but as long as I say O.K. he seems to be good besides with all of the drugs he's on he doesn't need anything else. Thank you all for the prayers and encouraging words.

Semper Fi

DSchmitke
01-05-05, 10:58 AM
My Mother is going throught the same thing she had her operation yesterday. And having a bad time of it.

Timber
01-05-05, 11:00 AM
on the way Jag. Semper Fi

Sgt. Smitty
01-05-05, 11:10 AM
your 6 is covered JAG, and so is yours Schmitke, all our prayers and thoughts are with ya both..........Smitty

gys
01-05-05, 11:46 AM
Our prayers are with you Jag and Schmitke.

DSchmitke
01-05-05, 12:58 PM
Thanks Smitty & gys

grayshade
01-07-05, 12:51 PM
It's good to hear the ol' man is still in the fight, Jag. Prayers are incoming to you and yours. Have faith there, bro. Schmitke, hope your mom pulls through with her predicament. Alotta people going through alotta pain, and the year has just started. If I truly could, with the blessed hand o' the Lord, I'd be happy to take all the hurt and the anguish upon myself, so that everyone could be more happier and hopeful. But, life isn't like that, and everyone must feel a certain amount o' pain. It's the strength that we all have in each other that helps us survive. No matter the solitude, or the discord, we all hurt for another. Whether it be physically, or mentally, or even deep in our soul. Pain is one constant that nobody plans for, but we must meet this foe, alone if need be, with others is widely preferred. Please know you are not alone my brothers, I'll pray, I'll give thought, the strength of my soul is yours. It all turns out for the best sometimes, and sometimes, well, St. Peter has to make rollcall. Thus we become more stronger and more passionate. God bless y'all and your families.