PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

perfectcircle
01-03-05, 01:32 PM
Well first off, I'd like to say thanks again to everyone who gave me info in my other thread. So far I am going to stick it out the best I can and head out for Parris Island August 1st and if all...

TRLewis
01-03-05, 01:39 PM
Stop right there. If they are asking questions like that I dont think they need to be in the Marines. <br />
<br />
As for leave you earn 2.5 days every month totally out to 30 days a year. <br />
<br />
Discharges are...

JAG5150
01-03-05, 02:09 PM
TRLewis is right, if you or any of your friends are asking about legal contracts and your contractial obligation to the Corps, don't even think about joining. This is not a gym membership that you...

femalemarine_89
01-03-05, 02:43 PM
I should say that is definately not someone that needs to join the beloved Corps. It takes the right person, the right attitude and it dont sound to me like this individule has what it takes..

perfectcircle
01-03-05, 04:23 PM
I'm already enlisted, i'm simply trying to get more kids into the Corps with me (us). It's a few people asking those questions believe it or not.. I don't know, maybe it's their parents putting those questions in their head I honestly don't know.

Thanks for the help though, i'll let em know what you guys said.

HardJedi
01-03-05, 06:04 PM
if you sign up, they OWN you for eight years, plain and simple. tell em that.

grayshade
01-03-05, 06:30 PM
Joining the Corps is without a doubt one of the hardest choices to make for a young adult. With all they hear and with our worldly situation now. It was my first choice when I was eight years old and a choice I have come to love and honor. If young people today know the facts, know what they want to do with their life, and get a set, than joining the Corps will be their best choice as well.

FullMetalJacket
01-03-05, 07:30 PM
Are you going PI?