PDA

View Full Version : Keep Our Money Home

Sgt. Smitty
01-03-05, 11:33 AM
Why is it that this govt. is so hopped up to help other countries by sending so much of our money out of this country? These stupid politicians should be keeping that money and spending it here on the people that need it, not sendin it to some other country. All that money could benefit the sick, the elderly, health coverage for the people of this country, better education for our young people etc. etc....but nooooo, they gotta send it outside this country. How many other countries have helped our country when a natural disaster has hit us? We need to take care of THIS COUNTRY AND IT'S PEOPLE FIRST, close our borders to all immigration and deport every illegal a$$hole in this country. WAKE UP PEOPLE, it's time to take care of #1 first and then deal with the rest of the world later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gwladgarwr
01-03-05, 11:55 AM
I'm with you on keeping the money here for us Americans.

However, closing our borders to ALL immigration is an iffy one. You see, if we had closed our borders to ALL immigration, I never would have been born. Mom never would have been able to get in with her American husband to give birth to her children where they should be born - in America.

If all other countries cry about their terriortorial integrity and sovereignty when it comes to their borders and who crosses their borders, why is it all of a sudden evil when the U.S. wants to strengthen its border surveillance and deport folks who weren't invited in? I didn't realize the U.S. was supposed to be the martyr for the world.

If North Korea can bird-dog its border, if Germany can dictate who immigrates in and who doesn't, then so can the U.S. I say: put up a wall on the southern border and tighten up the northern one. (so the cattle infected with mad cow disease can be denied entry.):marine:

Sparrowhawk
01-03-05, 12:09 PM
While this devastation bothers me, I don't belief financial relief effort is the answer.

Send them surplus foods we have and clothing. The victims will never see that money.

Two-thirds of the 145,000 killed were in Indonesia's northern Sumatra, 88% of Indonesians are Muslims.

http://marines.bizland.com/asia.jpg

JAG5150
01-03-05, 12:11 PM
I have to agree with you Sgt. Smitty, I have said pretty much the same thing for years. Why send money to other nations who will never repay it, not only that but to countries who would love nothing better than to call us an enemy. We see all of the time on the television about poverty stricken countries and naive people send money to them, i say what about the veteran who can't get a job and lives on the street or the child who didn't eat last night in the U.S.A. Send the money to help our own, domestic violence shelters, abused children, elderly, schools, medical insurance, etc..
When i first went E.O.S. from the Corps, I had a brand new baby boy, I went to the aid office in an attempt to get medical aid until my benefits kicked in, I was the only english speaking person there. Something different needs to be done with our policies.

Toby M
01-03-05, 12:17 PM
This is a hot topic with me! There is nothing that can be done about the past but for crying out loud, let's not repeat it! We cannot continue to allow people into this country as we have in the past...we will run out of resources soon! I also agree with Smitty and Jag5150, give when we can and with what we can, NOT with what we don't have! This country cannot continue to subsidize other nations as we have in the past...

Namvet67
01-03-05, 12:21 PM
We should be using our "discretionary money" for the relief efforts...DO WE HAVE ANY LEFT? I agree with all the above.

Namvet67
01-03-05, 12:21 PM
We should be using our "discretionary money" for the relief efforts...DO WE HAVE ANY LEFT? I agree with all the above.

DSchmitke
01-03-05, 12:23 PM
We should be taking care of our own first. And the rest of the world after that! By the way who has ever helped us after a disaster?

Lock-n-Load
01-03-05, 12:24 PM
:marine: I'm with you all the way 100%...if the California coast was hit like there in Indonesia and Sri-Lanka...how much financial/humanitarian aid would they send us...I'll tell ya...not one red cent; and beyond that, they would give us "the finger" and laff their keester's off...imagine, $450,000,000+ [unbelieveable] AND on such short notice, yet no American politician on down, would do that for a universal medical coverage for every American citizen...just goes to show you in this country...once a peon; always a peon...GW Bush, com'on...having your billionaire father and that miserable, lame-ass Clinton standing shoulder to shoulder for solidarity...it stinks to high heaven...I'll have none of this chichanery, no sirree!!...the whole land mass of Southesat Asia is virulently 100% Muslims...they HATE us Americans...send all the powdered eggs, flour, rice, dehydrated potatoes and powdered milk crap we had to eat and choke on in the Korean War years, yes, send that crap to them by the bushels full...DON"T SEND CASH...it will only end up in some Muslim despot's treausary for fun and games with his 1,000 virgins here on earth...hey, GW, there's a WAR going on in Iraq, Mr. President!!!......Hello!!!:marine:

Sgt. Smitty
01-03-05, 12:25 PM
Same question i was wondering about...........

Timber
01-03-05, 12:27 PM
It is rediculous how much money the government can come up with for foreign aid but we have police officers on welfare, vets on the street eldery who can not afford health care and medication and the thousands of people who can barely make ends meet. Why is it so hard for our own to get by yet the powers that be can just give it away to these countries who show no sign of improvment in the quality of life.

Sgt. Smitty
01-03-05, 12:28 PM
Send them all the C and K rations left over from WW 2 and Nam, hope they choke on it the way we did..........only worse

JAG5150
01-03-05, 12:30 PM
If I'm not mistaken wasn't it back in September or October that Florida got beat to hell by hurricane after hurricane. Who helped us out when that happened, I'll tell you, we did, we relied on our own resources, the way it should be and the way it will always be. What does the government expect to gain from all of this generousity that we give all of these other countries?

Sgt. Smitty
01-03-05, 12:34 PM
This govt. doesn't expect anything from these other countries, they're too damned busy givin this country away to everyone.

Sparrowhawk
01-03-05, 12:47 PM
India, Thailand, Somalia and Indonesia, where the world's largest Islamic democracy rule has condemned our Iraq and Afganistan efforts to strike back at terrorist.

While politicans now are trying to give a carrot to these nations mend fences, we did not put up those fences.

Let it be known that if they want help seek it from their own kind, those who embrace terrorism and Islamic goals.

Any effort we make to help them will be seen only as another American weakness.

Trafficing in children, selling them has been done in this area of the world for years. perhaps having so many children washed out to sea saved their lives from sexual slavery.

Radical Islam, extremist violence and corruption are key problems, and this Christmas what concerned the president of Indonesia was women with exposed belly buttons.

Foreigners were warned weeks before Christmas not to visit Indonesia and those already there to consider leaving the country because terrorist were going to target Americans and others in Indonesia's tourist resorts.

When will we learn?

Lock-n-Load
01-03-05, 12:56 PM
:marine: Hey...Mr CIC....Win your WAR in Iraq first will ya...125,000 Gung-Ho Marines [FMF] are depending on you for the BEST 782 gear, etc...put that dough [$450,000,000] to save their precious lives....just send C-Ration foodstuffs to whomever in devastated regions and along with alotta tea and sympath...WIN your damn WAR in Iraq first, GW....Semper Fi, Mac!!...I'm beginning to wonder, why the hell, I voted for you, twice?????....sonofab*t**h.... :marine:

JAG5150
01-03-05, 01:06 PM
Tommy Lee Jones said it best in Men in Black, "a person is smart, people are dumb" or something to that matter.
We need a Marine in the White House, somebody who is not afraid of stepping on some toes or what the rest of the world thinks. If the government thought as an individual then this would be with out a doubt the greatest country in the world (we are any way).
I guess that it's not enough that we give money so freely we also give these countries our greatest resource ever, our young brothers and sisters. Our young bloods go over there and make the greatest sacrifice that could be asked. When is enough enough? When will this government of ours realize that nothing that we do will ever be enough? This is a hot topic and may have touched a nerve but like I said before, let's take care of our own and then do what we can for others but not on the whim of the government, put it to vote.

law_student
01-03-05, 01:18 PM
I think Bush administration has done a good job with a calculated response so far. There are still some major flaws with US humanitarian assistance, but $350 million is a drop in the bucket and will pay important dividends in terms of natural resoureces, disease management, and anti-terrorism.

The US has lots of interests in the region. For instance, the largest natural gas producer in the world is located in Aceh, Indonesia (Exxon-Mobile). I'm curious to see if my gas bill goes up this winter because of any stoppages in production there. We also have to manage any outbreaks of disease. Last year we saw how quickly an outbreak of SARS could affect the west. More importantly, with a Muslim insurgency in Aceh that has the tacit support of the locals, we have an opportunity to make our presence felt and help the Indonesian government restore control to the region.

From a military standpoint, humanitarian and financial aid offer PACOM a unique opportunity to engage countries like Thailand, Indonesia, and even Sri Lanka. Our relations with Indonesia have been strained ever since we supported East Timor's independence in 1999 (a UN operation I was apart of). With the Marine Corps currently sending a MEU to help rebuild parts of Sumatra (Aceh), we have an opportunity to deal a blow to the Muslim insurgency there, reduce anti-Americanism in Indonesia, and possibly deal a blow to terrorism.

My understanding is that the $350 million allocated for disaster assistance is coordinated through USAid.

So far, according to the budget they have posted, it looks like most of the money is going towards purchasing medical supplies, food, and shelter and not direct financial assistance to the host nations. http://www.usaid.gov/locations/asia_near_east/tsunami/

I'm not sure if the money is actually spent with American suppliers and then delivered to the host nation, but USAID's policy manuals indicate that they do much of their work through contractors and supporting other agencies (e.g. UN Dep. of Humanitarian Affairs).

The bottom line, however, is that once again the Marine Corps is being called on to help promote stability in troubled areas of the world.

Ed Palmer
01-03-05, 01:20 PM
Listen up
I just found this Mexico is doing its part to help the situation they are puting out flyers to help with the problem on our southern border,.
They are teaching their exports to read and get help when they cross our border and after they get here they will pay taxes to help pay for everything, Damn what a wounderful country they are helping.

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

The government of Mexico is raising eyebrows with a new comic book offering advice on how to cross the border into the U.S. illegally.

Called "The Guide for the Mexican Migrant," the 32-page book published by Mexico's Foreign Ministry uses simple language to offer information on safety, legal rights and living unobtrusively in America.

"This guide is intended to give you some practical advice that could be of use if you have made the difficult decision to seek new work opportunities outside your country," the book says, according to the Arizona Republic.

Illustrations depict illegals wading into a river, trying to evade U.S. Border Patrol and crouching near a hole in a border fence. Immigrants are also shown hiking through the desert with rock formations similar to those in Arizona and being caught by an American agent.

Among the tips offered:

"Try to walk during times when the heat is not as intense";

"Salt water helps you retain your body's liquids. Although you'll feel thirstier, if you drink water with salt the risk of dehydration is much lower";

"Thick clothing increases your weight when wet, and this makes it difficult to swim or float."
It also says if migrants get lost, they should follow train tracks or power lines. It warns of walking for days to reach towns or roads in the desert.

If caught by Border Patrol, the book says, "Don't throw stones or objects at the officer or patrol vehicles because this is considered a provocation. Raise your hands slowly so they see you are unarmed."

It also recommends not running away from agents in pursuit.

"It's better to be detained a few hours and repatriated to Mexico than to get lost in the desert," the guide states.

The book includes a disclaimer stating it doesn't promote crossing the border illegally, but it doesn't give information about legal steps to seek a U.S. visa.

Immigration-control groups are not thrilled about the guide.

"This is more than just a wink and a nod," Rick Oltman, Western field director for the Federation for American Immigration Reform, told the Republic. "This is so transparent, this is the Mexican government trying to protect its most valuable export, which is illegal migrants."

John Vincent, with Virginia-based Americans for Immigration Control, said, "It really looks like the Mexican government is encouraging illegal immigration. It shows the contempt that the Mexican government has for our laws."

The Mexican consul general of Phoenix, Carlos Flores Vizcarra, said the reality is many migrants will try to cross the border illegally, and the book appears to be a means of protection.

"This is nothing new. It's a way to put it in very simple terms so people will understand the risks," he told the paper. "The intention is out of concern for human rights. People are doing it anyway. We cannot ignore that there is a very big migration between our two countries, and people who are coming to work need to understand the risks."

Humberto Morales, 22, is an illegal immigrant from Mexico now working as a day laborer in Phoenix, and says the guide seems to have a mixed message.

"On the one hand they seem to be saying, 'Don't cross,' but on the other hand they are saying, 'Cross.'"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you'd like to sound off on this issue, please take part in the WorldNetDaily poll.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related special offer:

"Illegals: The Imminent Threat Posed by Our Unsecured U.S.-Mexico Border"

JAG5150
01-03-05, 03:32 PM
I dealt with this a lot when I lived in San Diego, people would actually put survival packages in the desert so that illegal immigrants would not die of thirst or starve to death. Once again why not use these resources for our own, battered children and women, elderly health care, etc..

Sgt. Smitty
01-03-05, 07:25 PM
Yo...law_student....the bottom line in this forum is NOT that the Corps is being called on again.....the bottom line IS that this damned govt. is givin away our money to countries we don't even like and don't like us when it could be spent here to improve the lives of our underprivilaged, ill and elderly. Think about that the next time you need unemployment or medical attention and don't have the damned money. Would you rather have the money for your medical expenses sent to you or to some other friggin country that don't give a good g*d dam about you or your family? Think on that one for a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

law_student
01-03-05, 08:09 PM
You're right Sgt.Smitty, we need to help the under-privelaged. We have serious problems that need to be addressed including rising medical costs, housing conditions for the poor, and the creation of new jobs for the unemployed. Those are all important causes that people should care about and should strive to improve. While we have lots of programs designed to improve social conditions, its clear from your response that more should be done. I agree.

However, we also have national interests that transcend our own borders. Is government supposed to neglect all other functions and tend exclusively to the health care system? Conceivably, I suppose, one could argue that we don't need a standing military. We should just disband the entire Department of Defense and use the extra billions of dollars domestically. We would still have State national guards, of course, to defend our borders from invasion. The benefit would be that there would be universal health care, employment, and adequate housing for all.

A US donation of $350 million dollars in supplies, while miniscule compared to the cost of health care, also much of which will likely be spent through American contractors, is well-tailored to further all of our interests without draining the coffers for health care. In fact, I will be quite satisfied when virulent outbreaks of deadly diseases are contained in their host region before spreading to my neck of the woods. Heck, maybe if even one orphaned kid in Indonesia decides not to blow up the American Embassy in Jakarta because a Marine from the MEU helped rebuild his school then it is worth it.

I was wrong, the bottom line isn't that Marines are once again proudly helping those who are less fortunate. The bottom line is that the United States is doing its part to help lift up a battered people, protect its interests, and continue working to fulfill its obligations to the American people.

Lock-n-Load
01-03-05, 08:26 PM
:marine: Of the two above Posts, I'm with Sgt Smitty's overview....$345,000,000 could help cover American citizens with health care and keep subsiding the medical coverages for millions of good Americans whom...DO NOT...have any health care at all...send the foodstuffs to this Muslim region..the generous donation from Japan [$600,000,000] can go to medical supplies, etc...our beauracrats in the Beltway act like Diamond Jim Bradys anteing up our hard earned tax dollars like it's a game of international Monopoly...anybody hear what the Muslim countries in the Mid-East [like Saudi Arabia-Syria-Iran ] are going to donate???:marine::

greensideout
01-03-05, 08:51 PM
law_student, I might be wrong but I think that SGT Smitty is talking about Mexcio, not the $350 million going to help the people in the disaster.

If you think that the borders are not a problem then you have been asleep on the issue by living too far north. You don't see it!

Tell me, what national interest do we have in unskilled labor coming into our country?

Lock-n-Load
01-03-05, 08:58 PM
:marine: Thx to leatherneck.com bulletins...the 15th MEU is headed to Sri Lanka and Summatra for humanitarian aid...that task force was headed to Iraq to relieve combat Marines who have been fighting for over a year...tough pill to swallow for them as they will probably be extended on the MLR in Iraq with the 15th MEU dishing out foodstuffs, water and rebuilding-heavy equipment machines...how long the 15th MEU is detained in the Indian ocean venues is anybody's guess now...have three [3] nephews in the 15th MEU.....Semper Fi :marine:

yellowwing
01-03-05, 10:04 PM
A far as our current domestic affairs and monies, the record $1 billion for faith based organizations is a double edged sword.

I really do think it blurs the separation of church and state. We'll see how it works out.

On the pratical sides, its a brilliant idea. A faith based organization that is 75% volunteers can do much more with $1 million than a state beauracracy. And those volunteers are motivated to giving back to the community, not just punching the clock.

Proper oversite will be the limiting factor, remember Rev. Jim and Tammy Faye Baker?

yellowwing
01-04-05, 03:22 AM
Comparing our $350 around the world:

Gulf Arabs Wonder: Are They Being Stingy With Aid
By NEIL MacFARQUHAR
NY Times, January 4, 2005 (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/04/international/worldspecial4/04arab.html?oref=login&th)
... the Kuwaiti cabinet raised its announced donation on Sunday to $10 million, from $2 million, having previously doubled it. Kuwait is expected to run a budget surplus this year of roughly $10 billion...

Qatar and Saudi Arabia have each pledged $10 million, while Sheik Khalifa bin Zayed al-Nahayan, the ruler of the United Arab Emirates, raised his country's cash contribution tenfold, to $20 million, on Monday night.

Cheap B*astards! Even Sandra Bullock is donating $1 million of her own money!

Phantom Blooper
01-04-05, 04:19 AM
Remember when Puerto Rico was raising hell about the US Navy using that nothing little island just off the coast of Puerto Rico for bombing practices, which they had used for the past 75 years? Demonstrations were held, Hollywood left wingers, Al Sharpton, and his fellow demagogues went down there to demonstrate to get the Navy out? I am sure it infuriated you just as it did me at the time. Well, here is our revenge:Always be careful what you ask for, you just may get it!

One of the many headaches that the U. S. has had was the Puerto Rican Island of Vieques. In the waning years of the Clinton Administration, Protesters demanded that the US Navy abandon bombing and naval gun fire exercises that had taken place on the largely uninhabited island for nearly seventy years. Liberal icons bumped into one another to fly to Puerto Rico, boat over to the island, trespass (but never on a day that there was an exercise scheduled) and get arrested for the benefit of the New York Times or Newsweek. They included:the Reverend Al Sharpton,Mrs. Jesse Jackson,Joan Baez,Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.,Edward Olmos,Michael Moore andRamsey Clark, just to name a few.

In 2002, the bombing exercises were transferred to an Air Force bombing range in central Florida, not far from the acksonville and Pensacola Naval Air Stations. In January, many of the protesters were back in Puerto Rico, celebrating the final bombing exercise on Vieques and waved Puerto Rican flags and placards that read:"U.S Navy, get out of Puerto Rico."

The following Feb, Rumsfeld announced that the U.S. Navy will close the Roosevelt Roads Naval Air Station in Puerto Rico in 2004, eliminating 1200 civilian jobs as well as 700 military positions. This naval facility is estimated to have put nearly $300 million annually into the local economy. The next day a stunned Governor Sila Calderon, held a news conference in San Juan, protesting the base closure as a serious blow to the Commonwealth's fragile economy. The governor stated that "The people of Puerto Rico don't now or never did have an interest in closing the Vieques bombing range or the Roosevelt Roads naval base. We are interested in both staying in Puerto Rico." When asked, the Commander-in Chief, Western Atlantic Command, said, "Without Vieques, I see no further need for the facility at Roosevelt Roads. None." So, Yanqui go home? Fine. But we'll take our dollars with us. Hasta la vista, baby!

On February 21, the Secretary of Defense also announced that starting this year, the U.S. European Command would begin moving most if not all of its active combat and support units from bases in Germany to others being established in Poland, The Czech Republic, Hungary and Turkey to better position them for rapid deployment to likely hot spots in those parts of the world. Immediately the business and government leaders in the German states of Hesse, Rhineland and Wurttemburg, protested the loss of nearly $6 billion in revenue each year from the bases and manpower to be displaced. A spokesman for the Foreign Ministry speculated that the move may be "what the Americans call 'payback' for the actions of this government in opposing Military action in Iraq. Does anyone know the German translation for "Hasta la vista, baby?"

Oh, ain't it nice to see a government with guts and a good memory.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ed Palmer
01-04-05, 07:11 AM
That German transalarion in English is oh shxt Now we have to work for a living, No more free loading

gwladgarwr
01-04-05, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Blooper
On February 21, the Secretary of Defense also announced that starting this year, the U.S. European Command would begin moving most if not all of its active combat and support units from bases in Germany to others being established in Poland, The Czech Republic, Hungary and Turkey to better position them for rapid deployment to likely hot spots in those parts of the world. Immediately the business and government leaders in the German states of Hesse, Rhineland and Wurttemburg, protested the loss of nearly $6 billion in revenue each year from the bases and manpower to be displaced. A spokesman for the Foreign Ministry speculated that the move may be "what the Americans call 'payback' for the actions of this government in opposing Military action in Iraq. Does anyone know the German translation for "Hasta la vista, baby?"GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ja, in Deutschland, man sagt, "Auf Wiedercatchyouontheflipflopen, Liebchen". Jeez, I just LUV international relations!:marine:

Sgt. Smitty
01-04-05, 10:21 AM
I'm not talking just about the money promised to the tsunami victims.......I'm talking about ALL the so-called foreign aid money, billions and billions of dollars sent out of this country on a yearly basis to better the lives of people that don;t like us and would like to see this country fall. I've always lived by the rule that you can't make anyone around you happy unless you make YOURSELF happy FIRST, and that applies to everyone in this country.(Americans that is) And from what i can see, this govt. cares more about foreign people than it's own people here in America, and that pi$$es me off to no end.

Sgt. Smitty
01-04-05, 10:22 AM
Mornin Cook

humblysuperior
01-05-05, 01:20 AM
Yeah we should send them food and water. We should take advantage of this opportunity to rid ourselves of some of the people who hate America because of the foreign policy decisions we have made over the years. If we are really smart about it we will taint the food with botulism or something such and the water with dysentery and then refuse their requests for medicine by calling them all ungrateful so and so's. Hey, before you condemn me, just remember it worked wonders with the indians, remember? We put smallpox in the blankets we gave those godless savages. So, i definitely feel we have an opportunity here, let's face it, the reason those people (muslims and hindus mostly) over there got hit was because they are praying to the wrong God. They are being punished for cheering when America was attacked by Saddam and UBL on 911. So let's make those subhumans suffer some more, after all, we are America and whatever we say goes baby. The world needs to learn that!

S/f, hum

As a matter of fact, I wouldn't doubt that Mr Bush, bless his heart, saw to it that America maybe planted a nuke there that caused that tsunami in the first place. I bet them muslims and hindus are already thinking the same thing. So we gotta take 'em all out and fast. h

garryh123
01-05-05, 01:24 AM
Wow..something seems to be in your water supply.

garryh123
01-05-05, 01:30 AM
I am a Repuclican and i voted for Bush......but we have to have limits to responses

law_student
01-05-05, 07:08 AM
If we're talking about ALL foreign assistance programs then I can certainly see issues with tax-payer accountability. The State Department is requesting $1.194 billion dollars this year to support international organizations, including the UN. That's just the tip of the ice berg for foreign assistance. Without mentioning some of the more questionable programs we have, I think its clear that we need more accountability with the money we spend overseas. If there are no clear and substantial benefits to the American people from foreign assistance, then I would support spending that money looking out for our own.

bigwalt
01-05-05, 08:06 AM
I agree with taking care of Americans first! I understand that the money send for relief aid comes from a different budget but can't we send some of that money to our troops in Iraq? I also saw a report on NBC last night that the Arab media is reporting that this could not be a natural disaster. It is the work of America, Pakistan, etc. They are saying that it is most likely a nuck test. Imagine that. What stories are they going to make up next?

Toby M
01-05-05, 09:55 AM
I just read in today's paper that Sri Lanka is refusing to allow Marines help because it might upset the Tamil Tiger rebels (insurgent group fighting the govenrment) . In other words, they want our money and supplys but no American is able to land on Muslim land...Hmmm, where have I heard this before???

Sgt. Smitty
01-05-05, 10:10 AM
But our good ol govt. will take the money and give it to them anyway.........anybody else see a pattern here? Like....the world first then the homeland?

JAG5150
01-05-05, 10:33 AM
Last time I checked this country was a democracy, why not let the poeple decide when and where the money is sent and spent. I'd bet that they would rather spend the money on our troops and right here at home before sending it to undeserving unappreciative muslims.

Sgt. Smitty
01-05-05, 11:00 AM
a good way to curb the govt. givin our money away is to quit payin taxes until they get their heads back in the daylight. Let those buttheads go out and WORK for livin, pay their taxes and when it comes time for them to get some in return tell them "Sorry, we sent your money to help out some damned Muslim country that wants to overthrow us, then watch those a$$holes scramble to change the way they do stuff.

JAG5150
01-05-05, 11:30 AM
Smitty, that all sounds good, unfortunately it would lead to us being inprisoned for tax evasion. Even though a lot of the congressmen don't pay theirs. Not only that too many millitant organizations have tried the same thing. If you're up for it though we could move to Wacco Texas and make our own compound. LOL

Sgt. Smitty
01-05-05, 11:35 AM
Works for me JAG, but at the same time they don't have enough prison space for everyone in this country. On the other hand we could just shoot all the politicians and start over again and try to get some honest people in there cause there aren't any in there now. I've alwasy said "Show me an HONEST politician and he will be the one behind me in the soup line". There is no such thing as an honest politician in this country..........period ! ! ! ! ! ! !

JAG5150
01-05-05, 11:47 AM
We could make sure that all of the new politicians have worn the Red and Gold and that they bleed green. If that happened nobody and I mean nobody would mess with the U.S.A. and this country would be the super power that it is. Or how about this, we could make another actor that was a politician in CA. the CIC, how about Clint Eastwood.

benny rutledge
01-05-05, 01:55 PM
Sgt.Smitty,
I was just getting ready to start a new thread,when I saw your post.
Absolutely Right!!!! Keep our cash here!!!! Feed and House our Homeless Veterans!!!!! Textbooks (in English) for our Kids!!!!
Disaster relief for the Floridians!!!!!
Fark the Damned Indonesians who are already immigrating here to take American Jobs as we speak.
Fark em'!!!! Feed a Vet!!!!!

JAG5150
01-05-05, 02:06 PM
OOOHRAH benny

gwladgarwr
01-05-05, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Toby M
I just read in today's paper that Sri Lanka is refusing to allow Marines help because it might upset the Tamil Tiger rebels (insurgent group fighting the govenrment) . In other words, they want our money and supplys but no American is able to land on Muslim land...Hmmm, where have I heard this before???

Sri Lanka is predominantly a Buddhist country, but I get your point.

See, the Tamil Tigers are right; US Marines and Indian forces are only trying to invade Sri Lanka to spy on the Tamil Tigers (rebel forces). Yeah, I guess they're right. The biggest natural disaster they've ever seen hit their island and the Sri Lankan government wants to limit the international presence on their island for fear that it would stir up the Tamil rebels in the north. Must be how they say "thank you" in Sinhalese or something.

Well, since Al-Arabiya and all those moronic Egyptian newspapers proclaim with great certainty and authority that it was U.S. nuclear testing 30 miles southwest off the coast of Sumatra and in the vicinty of the world's largest Muslim-populated country that caused a huge wave that went TWICE around the world and wiped out all coastal areas from western Sumatra to the east coast of Africa and the entire Indian Ocean rim JUST so U.S. Marines could land in and take over Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Malaysia, India, Somalia, the Maldives, and Mauritania, why not just go with "damned if you do and damned if you don't" and just nuke, um, let's say, Saudi Arabia? Or maybe just vaporize Jakarta?

Give an inch and they take a mile. Sometimes I don't blame guys for getting up in water towers armed with a Tommy gun.

bigwalt
01-05-05, 03:07 PM
Good one Benny. I love this bumber sticker.

"If you can read thank a teacher,
If your can read English thank a MARINE!"

JAG5150
01-05-05, 03:16 PM
This has been a bit of a hot thread, I said it before and I'll say it again, take care of our own before we take care of others. If we don't nobody else will.

gwladgarwr
01-05-05, 03:31 PM
Yeah? I've racked up over $40K in school loans! Where's MY relief?! Where's the LOVE?! :marine:

Sgt. Smitty
01-05-05, 10:06 PM
HOT DAMN............did I ever stir up a hornets nest............LOL It had to be said, so............it's really great to hear all the other countries PLEDGING so much relief aid, but wait, there's a catch, they all gonna wait til our govt. forks over OUR money and see how far it stretches and if it takes care of most of the bill, then guess who's gonna renig on their so-called PLEDGES? Excuse me if i sound a lil distrusting here, but I have NO reason to trust our govt. Let the politicians, and all the big companies that this govt. is givin tax breaks to when they send the companies outside the U.S. , foot the damned bill if they're so eager to give money away. This govt. can't, and for some strange reason won't, take care of it's own needy and elderly and homeless and sick and least of all it's VETS. But they sure as hell can send our money outside our borders at an alarming rate.

ivalis
01-05-05, 10:18 PM
we're spending $160 million a day on a fools mission in Iraq. Lets keep the $350 million promised to the Indian Ocean area in perspective.

Sgt. Smitty
01-05-05, 10:26 PM
The hell with Iraq.....keep that money here where it belongs !

JAG5150
01-06-05, 10:26 AM
Maybe I'm beating a dead horse with this but it sickens me. I keep hearing about how all of these orginazations that are raising money for the tsunami victims or charity concerts that the funds are going to the same cause. I can't help but think if the American public is that ignorrant or if they are just uninformed of the people who live over there. I would like to believe that if the civilian population in this country knew that they were aiding our enemies that they would be a bit more reserved on their relief efforts. Just last night I had to explain to my mother that the majority of the population in that region is muslim and sworn enemies of the U.S.A.

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 10:33 AM
Thats the thing I have never agreed with. We go to war because of someone else, and then we send money back there to fix it up. Well I dont believe we should be doing that. Let them do it themselves, and then they can call us inhumane.

JAG5150
01-06-05, 10:35 AM
And another of my brothers (sister) that always seems to be on the same page as me.

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 10:36 AM
LOL@Jag.. Hey what can I say I bounce all over the place.. cant never keep track of me

JAG5150
01-06-05, 11:16 AM
I was speaking figuratively not literally. You, Smitty and I seem to be of the same mind. (Kind of scary huh)

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 11:19 AM
Its a very scary thought. To think that there are 3 of us on here that are tooooo tooo much alike..

http://www.cazzoo.net/modules/Gallery/data/media/88/017.gif

Sgt. Smitty
01-06-05, 11:24 AM
we need to get millions and millions of Americans on the same wave length and get their heads straight before we loose this country all together.

JAG5150
01-06-05, 11:52 AM
No Smitty, we just need to get every Marine to stand tall and take back what we have fought so hard to make.

humblysuperior
01-06-05, 12:07 PM
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/po/2005/po050103.gif

JAG5150
01-06-05, 12:24 PM
If it were a veteran on the streets, there would not have even been a conversation.

humblysuperior
01-06-05, 12:28 PM
I agree, Mr Bush would have just kicked him in the teeth.

S/F, hum

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 04:54 PM
oh boy..

http://www.wtv-zone.com/coplove/Cops/trprcar.gif

JAG5150
01-06-05, 05:14 PM
Nope, sorry can't help the people who voted me into office.

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 05:16 PM
lol@jag..

http://www.wtv-zone.com/coplove/Cops/trprcar.gif

Sgt. Smitty
01-07-05, 12:39 AM
Kind of amazing that the cartoon just said the same thing I've been saying all along about the govt. tearing at the very fiber of this country isn't it? Think my message got to someone or was it just a fluke? My money is on the fluke