PDA

View Full Version : Holidays in Fallujah - not bad according to tigger

marinemom
01-02-05, 11:28 PM
Phone just rang - tigger has finally gotten a grip on the time change between Iraq and Virginia, only a month before he comes back, lol.

New Year's was a fairly quiet time -- except to the Iraqi troops "helping" the Americans celebrate by firing their weapons periodically, which killed any hope of a full night's sleep according to the kid. Apparently they celebrate a whole bunch of things by firing off rounds ...according to him there have been several suggestions about what to do with their weapons....and not nice ones either.

Packages are coming in from the various support groups on a daily basis - shaving cream, disposable razors, sun block, candy, cookies and other items - enough so that every Marine there had a box for Christmas - and several private companies are sending boxes of their products. His company got one of the packages a cigar company sent to Fallujah - every Marine got at least 3 cigars - and the company Gunny is a very happy camper.

Something we do not hear on the news reports - Chris says that the most amazing thing has happened - as the residents of Fallujah are coming back to the city they are thanking the Marines for still being there. One older Iraqi gentleman told the kid that it did not matter if he found his home still standing or not - he was going back to a safer city. And he thanked the guys on post for "making those men go away" - kinda makes you think doesn't it.

yellowwing
01-02-05, 11:30 PM
That's great to hear! More prayers and well wishing out to you!

hrscowboy
01-03-05, 12:08 AM
outstanding, outstanding, Marinemom you dont realize how much that bit of news makes me happy to hear. Please tell your son that this Marine is standing by him and the others all the way, and my prayers are with him and my brothers and sisters...

DSchmitke
01-03-05, 07:24 AM
The time will go bye fast and he will be home. And ours prays to you and tigger.

Osotogary
01-03-05, 07:37 AM
There is nothing like news from the source. What a blessing that was to hear from him and for you to share the news. Thanks, Marinemom, thanks, Tigger.