PDA

View Full Version : Question about MOS school

StefanovicN
01-02-05, 02:17 PM
Hello Marines, i'm a 01.. admin clerk, just curious what exactly you should bring to your MOS school, i'll be in camp johnson for 52days (how is it there?) should i bring alot of civi's? do we get any libo? any answers would be awesome!!! or just tell me about your expirence at MOS school!!!

thx TONS
Semper FI MARINES

PFC stefanovic

jinelson
01-02-05, 04:34 PM
StefanovicN congratulations Marine and welcome to the brotherhood. I was not in the 01 field but I think that all of your questions can be answered at these links below it covers all uniform requirements and gives a synopsis of what to expect right down to checking aboard with the SNCOIC;

http://www.lejeune.usmc.mil/mccsss/

http://www.lejeune.usmc.mil/mccsss/pas_uniformreqs.pdf

StefanovicN
01-02-05, 06:10 PM
AWESOME! thank you SSgt!

TRLewis
01-03-05, 06:32 AM
As I once lived on johnson for a few months I can tell you what to expect:

-Going to MCT bring 1 pair of civies and shoes. Once you get to MAT platoon you can only leave base if you have civies.

-When I was on johnson i had: a tv, a playstation, a skateboard, and one of those razor scooters

-no vehicles are permitted, but in the slight chance you have one, if they still do it the sonic across the street has a dirt parking lot they used to let people park in.

-Dont bother forwarding your mail there, the mail system there isnt all that great.

DSchmitke
01-03-05, 07:14 AM
Congratulations and Welcome to the brotherhood Marine.

A.P
01-03-05, 08:16 AM
hey, im not a 01 but i am working in admin until my school (0231) starts up. you do get libo and off base privleges... just dont get too crazy with the money spending.

TRLewis
01-03-05, 08:24 AM
^ good ideas.

Yeah becareful with your money. And if you're looking to get laid, go ugly early. Best advice I can give you.

Enjoy your time there, are you married? If not have alot of fun, save up some cash a bunch of you get together and make a run to Wilmington. UNC-W is great. :)

StefanovicN
01-05-05, 05:13 PM
i'm here now.. and MAT blows :(

JAG5150
01-05-05, 06:00 PM
Get used to it, until you're in the fleet it's not supposed to be fun. Would you rather be back at Boot Camp?