PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment Tonight @ Leatherneck.Com

Sparrowhawk
12-30-04, 01:18 PM
Entertainment Tonight @ Leatherneck.Com

Who’s going where, what are you doing, seeing, visiting?

Any recommendations, for family entertainment?

<hr>

Les Miserables

Last night, my wife and I went to see the musical based on Victor Hugo’s book Les Miserables. (http://www.online-literature.com/victor_hugo/les_miserables)I had seen the play before, and was disappointed this time with the version portrayed at the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood.

It was pretty cleared on our way there.

http://marines.bizland.com/la.jpg

http://marines.bizland.com/HollywoodSign.jpg

Before the play we visited with our daughter who works in Studio City, insuring the Entertainment Industry. We met her co-workers and this is now, twice that our daughter’s have wanted us to come and visit where they work, which says a lot about how proud they are of their family, that they are willing to share their life with others.

Sparrowhawk
12-30-04, 01:20 PM
When we left her, it started to rain.

http://marines.bizland.com/rain.jpg

But cleared up, by the time we got to

Louise’s an Italian Restaurant (http://www.louises.com/) on Los Feliz Blvd.

We had a nice dinner there. The service was not that great, and the pasta a bit on the dry side, but I asked for extra sauce which took the waiter forever to get. I think, he forgot, but the food other then that was great and modernly priced.

http://marines.bizland.com/dinner.jpg
My wife showing me, she wore the ear-rings Christmas present I gave her. Humm, should have noticed it before she pointed it out.

I had their Chicken Parmigiana;
Breaded Fresh Chicken Breast Topped with Homemade Tomato Sauce & Mozzarella and served with Fresh Linguini Pasta and Aged Parmigiano Cheese

And my wife had their Grilled Citrus Chicken;
Grilled Citrus Marinated Chicken Served atop a bed Of Angel Hair Pasta Concasse. Accompanied by Fresh Seasonal Vegetables.

Both priced at $14.95 each.

Sparrowhawk
12-30-04, 01:22 PM
We got to the Pantages Theatre a bit early and waited in the car, until the crowd in front of the theatre was allowed to go in. No use in standing in line, when we already had purchased our tickets on line. Actually my wife brought the tickets as a gift for me, as she knows I enjoy those types of plays. I think, she’s a keeper. LOL

http://marines.bizland.com/les.jpg

http://marines.bizland.com/les2.jpg
Inside the theatre

Les Misérables is set in the Parisian underworld. The protagonist, Jean Valjean, is sentenced to prison for 19 years for stealing a loaf of bread. After his release, Valjean plans to rob monseigneur Myriel, a saintlike bishop, but cancels his plan. However, he forfeits his parole by committing a minor crime, and for this crime Valjean is haunted by the police inspector Javert. Valjean eventually reforms and becomes under the name of M. Madeleine a successful businessman, benefactor and mayor of a northern town. To save an innocent man, Valjean gives himself up and is imprisoned in Toulon.

He escapes and adopts Cosette, an illegitimate child of a poor woman, Fantine. Cosette grows up and falls in love with Marius, who is wounded during a revolutionary fight. Valjean rescues Marius by means of a flight through the sewers of Paris. Cosette and Marius marries and Valjean reveals his past. - The story has been filmed several times and made into a musical by the composer Claude-Michel Schönberg and the librettist Alain Boublil, opening in 1980 in Paris. The English version was released in 1985 and the Broadway version followed two years later.

The Play (http://www.lesmiserablestickets.com/)

<hr>

and, that's entertainment tonight at leatherneck.com LOL

Namvet67
12-30-04, 02:34 PM
Well done Cook...thanks for the tour. Yep, it looks like you got a keeper there...and a looker too. I read the menu...for some reason I want Italian tonight.

Osotogary
12-30-04, 03:13 PM
Sparrowhawk,
You are either a member of the LA papparazzi (?) or one of those guys that gets into movie houses and records the movies to make pirate copies. Somewhat like Palladin of "Have Gun, Will Travel"..only this time it's Sparrowhawk "Have Lens (telescopic) , Will Hump". LOL
Great tour. Like gbudd mentioned, your better half is a real keeper and looker.
Looks like you folks had a heck of an evening.

Sgt Morales, AM
12-30-04, 03:51 PM
Great Shots!!!! I haven't seen my old stomping grounds in a while...and NO, not East L.A.! LOL
I am glad you had a great time with the Mrs. Sorry to hear that the pasta and service was bad. There's nothing I hate more than bad italian food!
Alimento Disgustoso!!!!!(Italian for: Disgusting food )

If you are ever in Houston, I recommend Clyde Drexler's BBQ! It has the best chopped beef sandwiches and Smothered BBQ ribs! Highly recommended!!!!

Arrivederci...ciao!!

Sgt Morales....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Sparrowhawk
12-30-04, 04:08 PM
A short time after we sat down, just before the play started. My wife leaned forward and placed her hair up.

I was wondering why she was doing that and she said, the guy behind us had accidentally placed his knees up against the back of her chair and it had caught her hair.

Just then I saw that his knees were up against the back of the chair once more, causing it to go forward a bit.

A baldheaded, stocky dude about 6' 4" with his wife and a friend, sitting next to him.

Well, I figured it was an accident the first time and dismissed it. No sooner did the play begin, when he did it again; I slipped my arm around my wife and accidentally knocked his knees off the chair. I know I hit him hard, because his knees went flying off. No respond.

A short time later he placed his knees up against the back of the chair and I slowly placed my arm around my wife again and this time a short time later when I took it back, down went his knees.

You would think the guy would have taken the hint. But a short time later he did it again and this time I slipped my arms around and knocked his knees off, and was about to tell him something, when he said;

"Will you stop hitting my knees!"

Typical, response from one that's done wrong, trying to cover up, what he was doing. I stood up, during the play. Looked at him, and said;

In a very gentle voice;

"You have been placing your knees up against my wives chair, Now, I advice you not to do it, anymore."

I mean, I did it in a very pleasant voice, with the tone, jsut a bit more aggrssive. LOL

By then my wife could see the anger, coming up and she said; "Cook" the guy got a bit huffy then, started to stand up, but I grabbed my wives hand and moved her over to my chair and sat down in hers.

Funny, how his knees never again even so much as touched the back of the chair.

I had figured if he so much as tried anything, or used any weapon, and since we were right at the front of the mezzanine, with a big drop in front of us, he would have easily gone over the rail, before he could have done any real damage. It’s not often my blood boils, up so quickly, but it does when my wife, or my girl’s are involved.

Jollywood!

Sparrowhawk
12-30-04, 04:28 PM
http://marines.bizland.com/HoolyNVine.jpg

On the right is the WebCam, at Hollywood and Vine.

I waved to you all last night, but only Nc. Gal waved back.

Morales, I didn't know Hollywood Blvd was your old stumping grounds, Hey, I might know you then, since sometimes when I was a police officer, I would stop and talk to the girl's on Hollywood Blvd... LMAO

Sgtj
12-30-04, 04:49 PM
Tonight is my 1 year anniversary!!! We are just going into Biloxi for a nice dinner ;)

Sgt Morales, AM
12-30-04, 05:01 PM
HA HA HA COOK!!! I'm not that kind of girl! I use to go dancing at the clubs down there...Florentine Gardens and The Palace!
But what were you doing talking to the girls on the Blvd? HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....

Sgt Morales, AM
12-30-04, 05:05 PM
By the way...I'll be going to the Big Easy (New Orleans) for the New Years...I'll make sure to take pictures of the festivities!
Happy Anniversary Sgt J.

nc.gal
12-30-04, 05:10 PM
Now, that's the way I like to see a man protect his wife.--------
if only there were more like you.

Didn't think you saw me waving, I had to use my shirt
to really get your attention!!!!!!!!!:D

kentmitchell
12-30-04, 06:27 PM
Sparrowhawk, your wife's a BABE!!!!

Osotogary
12-30-04, 06:44 PM
Sparrowhawk,
I am truly flattered that you had thoughts and concerns about me during your night of fun, frivolity and intrique. If you had turned your forearm/wrist on impact as you struck the slobs leg/shins you could have done some legitimate damage. Good for you. Did you check his breathing patterns? Inhale=strike. Good for you.

Sparrowhawk
12-30-04, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Sgt Morales, AM
HA HA HA COOK!!! I'm not that kind of girl! I use to go dancing at the clubs down there...Florentine Gardens and The Palace!
But what were you doing talking to the girls on the Blvd? HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....

Originally posted by Sgt Morales, AM
By the way...I'll be going to the Big Easy (New Orleans) for the New Years...I'll make sure to take pictures of the festivities!
Happy Anniversary Sgt J.

Yes, you're right; at the Florentine Gardens and The Palace! The guys pay the girls there to dance with them. Must have been there I saw you, dancing with a pocket full of money. LOL

P.S. I'm sending you some beads so that when you get to Bourbon Street in the French Quarter you can send me a picture. Do beads by email count? LMAO

Arlene Horton
12-30-04, 10:32 PM
Wow, Cook!! First, your wife is a beauty. Second, it's nice to see that someone else is as concerned about his wife as my husband is and has been. When we were dating some clown started acting up in the place we were celebrating the New Year and the owner asked me to call the police, since I was sitting next to the phone. Well, one of the idiots pals objected to my picking up the phone and took it out of my hand and popped me on the head! That did it as far as my hubby was concerned (he was just a good friend at the time). He came up to the jerk, laid one on his chin and when he got him on the deck, started to introduce his head to the deck, several times...took 3 guys to pull him off...my husband is also a former Marine. He hasn't been that annoyed since then but he is still hovering around me! In June it'll be 49 years that we've been married. Almost lost him around 9 1/2 years ago when he was diagnosed with colorectal cancer but for once he listened to me and went to the doctor. Now he tells everyone that's why he let me become a registered nurse...so I could take care of him in his old age. He's a prime example of a P.I. Marine. Semper Fi and Happy New Year, brothers & sisters.
Arlene
s

Sgt Morales, AM
12-30-04, 11:57 PM
I'll send you pictures of me with the beads you send me on...just for you. Try not to stair too hard Cook, it's bad for your eyes.

As far as my pockets being full of $$$...well, lets just say I love to spend it just as much as I like to make it! HEHEHE

kentmitchell
12-31-04, 05:19 AM
Sparrow, you have the attitude I love: Have a good time and take no **** off anyone.

Sparrowhawk
12-31-04, 08:15 AM
Tonight I'm taking my wife out to dinner at Duane's located inside the Mission Inn, (http://www.missioninn.com/start.asp) in Riverside.

I think a few celebrities have slept there. Don't know if they have changed the sheets, so we're not spending the night.

I enjoy Prime Rib and my wife enjoys Sea Food, so, we're going there, but I checked on line for their prices and they weren't posted. Gotta worry about people that don't know what their food is worth.

<hr>

Sgtj how was dinner at the Biloxi? I have never been to your side of the world, but have flown over the Mississippi a few times, don't know if that counts.

Sparrowhawk
01-01-05, 08:10 PM
I'm Watching Little Big Man on a DVD.

A Christmas Gift from my wife. We first saw it together in a theatre, when it came out before we were married.

There are a couple of good sayings in the movie;

"Today, is a good day to die."

and one that I repeated to my wife, when I asked her to marry me,

"I will love you, for as long as the grass grows, until the sun no longer shines, the sky is no longer blue and the wind no longer blows."

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00003CXB5.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Jack Crabb [played by Dustin Hoffman} is the only white survivor of the Battle of Little Big Horn and the centenarian shares his story in this picaresque fable of the Old West. In Arthur Penn's adaptation of Thomas Berger's novel, Dustin Hoffman plays Jack from teen years into old age in a bravura performance. And Jack's story is a fantastic one: captured by Indians as a boy, reared as an Indian, shuttling back and forth between the white and Indian worlds. In the process, he befriends everyone from Wild Bill Hickock to George Armstrong Custer and is a gunslinger, a snake-oil salesman, and an Army scout. This is a solid blend of comedy and tragedy, with a strong statement to make about America's treatment of Native Americans without sermonizing. A terrific cast includes Faye Dunaway, Martin Balsam, and Richard Mulligan. But this show is all Hoffman's.

Sparrowhawk
01-01-05, 09:53 PM
Another gift on DVD, and another one of my favorites.

"I have a vison for the world, and everyone else is wearing bi-focals."

and this other one of my favorite, sayings from that movie; also said, by Butch Cassidy.

"Never hit your mother with a shoval, it leaves a dull impression on her mind"

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00003RQNJ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

<hr>

http://www.utah.com/art/maps/butch_map.jpg

The Real Butch Cassidy (http://www.utah.com/oldwest/butch_cassidy.htm)

The Real Sundance Kid (http://ourworld.cs.com/dnpernst/)

nc.gal
01-08-05, 05:31 PM
so, I'll post something here---maybe make everybody hungry.
The hubby and I went out to dinner tonight. We went to our favorite restuarant for seafood. It is Riverside Fish House in Dallas, NC. Lately, we've been ordering the same thing: a large platter of fried filet cat fish, fried flounder and oysters. This comes with cole slaw, french fries, hush puppies and tea. We pay an extra fifty cents for an extra plate and we can eat for the price of one. As always, the place was crowded. Gary and Cook, I forgot to buy my peanut butter cups.
Cook, I finally got my brother's name posted under TAPS on the website we've been talking about--------2/7.

Sparrowhawk
01-08-05, 06:50 PM
great about your brother.

Dinner tonight?

All my girls are home to celebrate my wife's birthday, man she is getting old.

Anyways the girls are making tortilla soup.

Chicken and vegetables topped with Monterey Jack cheese, avocado and tortilla chips

It takes a couple of hours to make the stuff that is full of veggies and spices, but goooood.

BUTCH86
01-08-05, 07:17 PM
IF I FLOODS ONE MORE TIME HERE - WELL LETS JUST SAY I WILL NEED GILLS

nc.gal
01-08-05, 08:50 PM
"Along Came Polly", starring Ben Stiller
and Jennifer Aniston-----------a great comedy---
If ya'll like comedies, this is a good one. I like a great
comedy and romantic movies and I guess I should
say "thrillers" also. Depends on what the movie
is really about---------I can't get enough of
"Dirty Dancing"------gosh, love this movie and sadly
we lost Jerry Orbach--------gonna miss him.
Loved him on Law & Order

femalemarine_89
01-08-05, 09:14 PM
We actually watched a good movie.. Dont know if you have seen it or not but its called Day after tomorrow.. If you have not seen it... You should see it.. I thought it was great.. It starts out alittle slow but when it gets into it, it gets into it big time.

Toby M
01-08-05, 09:48 PM
After jumping on this site everyday, I actually missed being around Marine's so I popped in my favorite movie (Full Metal Jacket) and listened to R. Lee Ermy do his thing...that guy is a work of art!

garryh123
01-08-05, 10:02 PM
Watching Baseketball....it is an insanely rude and crude movie...Funny as F*ck.

yellowwing
01-09-05, 05:48 AM
Arlene, congrats on your 49 years of happiness! Mi first hitch with a woman lasted 3 years. And the last year was separation and divorce wrangling.

Cook, you are one lucky man. And that idiot with the knees doesn't know how close he came to becoming a physics experiment off of the mezzanine.

Any of us Brothers and even Arlene would have tossed that rude 'gentleman' in a heatbeat for you!

I shuddder to think what female_89 would have done to that *sshole! :marine: