PDA

View Full Version : SRB on CD

TRLewis
12-28-04, 08:32 PM
Anyone else gotten theirs? I requested mine about a month ago and got it this week. Very interesting stuff in there. Some of it I had forgotten about. Brings back alot of memories. You can request them thru www.mmsb.usmc.mil

I printed off about 12 million copies letting the paperwork monster lose one last time. I dont know how those admin people do it. Seems like they would be replacing printer supplies every day.

killer1on1
12-28-04, 09:48 PM
so..you just go to that web site and request one or something?? i tried to go to it but my computer is all jacked up!

GunnyL
12-29-04, 06:16 AM
Quick correction to your link TRLewis, it should be https://mmsb.usmc.mil

TRLewis
12-29-04, 06:21 AM
Thats what they listed on the CD. Its really cool, has my name and social on the CD and everything.

gwladgarwr
12-29-04, 07:34 AM
For all active duty and Reserve Marines: it is YOUR responsibility to make sure that EVERYTHING is included in your OMPF, including all fitreps, counseling forms, evals, PFT scores, CERTCOMS, promotion warrants, and medals/awards certificates. High school and college diplomas just have to be included (if you lose all your originals in a house fire, the Marine Corps will have a digital copy).

Not everything makes it in there, and if you or the Marine Corps ever loses anything, your scanned record found in your OMPF will back you up. Whatever you think should be in there and that you think will make you look good MUST be placed in your OMPF. If you can get your official promotion photo done (must be done on base), do it. It will go automatically into your OMPF and you'll find it on the CD a few weeks after taking the pic. I did mine even though I'm not up for promotion (I just told the "photo sergeant" I was filing a BCNR petition to get my commission and needed an official photo for it (which was absolutely true, actually). Looks much better than my boot photo (yuck.)

Additionally, any letters of recommendation or thank-you letters to you having anything to do with the military from ANYONE should be scanned and placed in your OMPF. I have letters from the American Legion, a few Senators, and all my Marine Corps Marathon finisher's certificates in there that the Marine Corps NEVER would have included in my record if I hadn't gone down to the MMSB myself in Quantico. Remember: your extracurricular activities are just as important to the Marine Corps as your MOS (well, ALMOST), and when it comes to promotion time or an admin issue, if your proof isn't in your OMPF or SRB, you may be SOL. Volunteer/community work makes you look like Mother Theresa, and if you have documents proving you are a saint, don't be afraid to toot your own horn - if you don't, no one else will. If you ever make it into the newspaper (with a picture or just even a mention of your name), photocopy it and have it scanned into your OMPF.

Since I live just 30 mins. away from Quantico, I go down to MMSB every few months and have documents scanned into the system. My last updated OMPF is from Dec 7, and I had more stuff I wanted included but just couldn't find them at home (that is precisely the reason why it should be scanned into your OMPF ASAP - easy to lose stuff.) Follow the directions from the website; if you live too far from Quantico, send "certified" copies to the office. I've asked the clerks there if photocopies have to be notarized - I always just show up in person with my originals. They said no, so I'm not sure how a photocopy of anything where they haven't seen the originals can be considered "certified". It wouldn't hurt to have photocopies notarized if you want - go to an American Legion or VFW - they always have a notary public/service officer who will do it for free. Then send your documents in to the MMSB.

DO NOT EVER SEND YOUR ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS!!! They will scan everything into the digital system and send you back the CD-ROM and your photocopies. And ASK FOR MORE THAN ONE COPY OF THE CD-ROM. That way, if you ever need to release your records (like I did to a Senator's office), I just sent the entire CD, and you'll have a back-up CD. It's a pain trying to print 300 pages (my total OMPF). Retired or IRR/separated Marines: your records should all be digital by now - and your records can be updated, too, if you have supplemental documentation, like a warrant for an old award you never got or medical proof that could get you VA benefits or GI Bill benefits you may have earned. Any questions? Just ask me. :marine:

OLE SARG
12-29-04, 09:03 AM
I can't get either website address to work.

SEMPER FI
OLE SARG

DSchmitke
12-29-04, 09:53 AM
I can't get the site to work.

Jarhed
12-29-04, 10:22 AM
Oh man, I cant wait to get mine. I sent for them (via fax AND snail mail) over a month ago. I suspect they had to forward to St. Louis since I've been out for about 15 years. I also completed a Form 180 and sent to St. Louis.

GunnyL
12-29-04, 01:35 PM
I just copied and pasted the URL I put in my post above and it took me right to the site. Make sure you accept the certificates that the site issues.
Here is a direct link https://mmsb.usmc.mil I downloaded the form and filled it out and faxed it in. If you are active duty, you can email it from your Military email account.

GunnyL

gwladgarwr
12-29-04, 01:42 PM
I was able to access https://mmsb.usmc.mil/howtoget.htm with no problem; you should use the URL without the /howtoget.htm since you have to pass by several warning windows. <br />
<br />
Click on &quot;OMPF, MBS, RS...

killbodies3027
06-27-09, 10:56 PM
This is an old ass thread, but does anyone know if it's still possible to get your SRB in CD form?

ArtyOps
06-27-09, 11:09 PM
Yes it is

killbodies3027
06-27-09, 11:47 PM
Links?

Petz
06-28-09, 12:48 AM
there's a thread that answers your question that isn't old....

you just had to look on page two of the open squad bay

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74872