PDA

View Full Version : What Is A Sparrowhawk???

nc.gal
12-28-04, 05:59 PM
A sparrowhawk is a bird of prey(now I knows about this---if the Sparrowhawk finds out your weaknesses,he will never let up on it.)The female sparrowhawk is much larger than the male(isn't this nice to know?)She has a wingspan of 67-80 cm and is 35-41 cm in length. The male has only a wingspan of 59-64 cm and is 29-34cm in length. The sparrowhawk nests in trees and builds a new nest each year.Now isn't this just like them, wanting a new home each year!!!!!Hahahehe---------Now many people see sparrowhawks as "garden terrorists". They like to watch birdfeeders for the little birds they prey upon.(this is what they all eat) When they see their prey, they will swoop down for the kill. They don't normally catch any other prey, they just likes to eat up all our pretty songbirds. They are spectacular fliers.Whilst they may be seen soaring they can also be seen flying down a hedge row at speed----at the same time they will swoop down to one side of the hedge and then theother in an effort to frighten out the small birds which instinctively take cover when a sparrowhawk is about. At other times they will fly just above the surface of a road before disappearing through what appears to be a tiny gap in the roadside vegetation. However, it is in woodland that they excel. Like all hawks, the often-secretive sparrowhawk is capable of bursts of high speed in flight and is capable of great manoeuvrability, both when circling or flying fast and low beating along hedgerows. The large tail enables it to twist and turn effortlessly in and out of cover. Most prey is taken in flight and no doubt the element of surprise plays a large part in their capture of prey, but sparrowhawks are capable of performing remarkable pursuits and captures fast-flying birds. If the intended victim rises steeply, the hawk may turn upside down and seize it from below---if it takes to ground cover, pursuit may continue on foot.

Now this is a warning to all you new female members. Beware of the SPARROWHAWK. He will check you out and then decides if you are good prey. Now, he will probably say something like, "Humm, I thinks I have found a good prey. I thinks I'll check her out." When you are aware of him, you just mights starts talking like him because he does rubs off too easily.

I don't know if there is a Lady Sparrowhawk on board-----if not, I thinks that it should have been me.:D

I THINKS I SHOULD GO HIDE FOR A WEEK.

Sparrowhawk
12-28-04, 06:47 PM
nc.gal; You just didn't like me flying upside down, under you, while rubbing your belly... LMAO

http://marines.bizland.com/bellyrub.jpg

thedrifter
12-28-04, 06:50 PM
Last time I rubbed my belly, I had a kid.....;) :D

Ellie

nc.gal
12-28-04, 07:50 PM
YOU'RE GOOD. The flying upside down part----
I didn't figure this would be your come back.

You're sooooooooooo good.

LMAO:D

Sparrowhawk
12-29-04, 09:49 AM
Come here little girl, come here little girl...

Want some chocolates?

http://www.donnellychocolates.com/item/it_gb_dc_mixed_02.jpg http://www.bto.org/birdtrends/images/sparr1TH250w.jpg

LOL

nc.gal
12-29-04, 10:20 AM
I think that I will give them to Airframesguru

There just might be a booby trap somewhere
in these chocolates!!! LOL--------------LOL

If no booby traps, maybe he will share them with Ellie.

;)

Osotogary
12-29-04, 10:32 AM
Boobie Traps? Ms. Ellie has been showing them to us every morning, noon and sometimes evenings! LOL

nc.gal
12-29-04, 10:34 AM
GARY, great quote--------------knew a male species would pick up on this. LOL

Osotogary
12-29-04, 10:41 AM
nc.gal,
I believe the quote is inherent. I didn't even have to think about it. LOL However, based on what I've heard is written on the walls of womens bath rooms, it looks like women have the same inherent qualities....only nastier. LMAO

nc.gal
12-29-04, 10:55 AM
OH YEAH???????????????
Hummmmmmmm, I 'm speechless. LOL

airframesguru
12-29-04, 11:24 AM
(Chewing) Those were (Chewing) great! Thanks for the (Chewing) treats. I am disapointed to say however (gulp) I found no boobies or traps in the box.

Some what let down,

Airframesguru

Sparrowhawk
12-29-04, 12:05 PM
You need to learn to trust the men in your life..

here let's try another one...

http://marines.bizland.com/choc.jpg (http://marines.bizland.com/niked.gif)

Just lift the lid, and just for you....

I've enclosed a NAKED PICTURE of myself

WARNING!

anyone else viewing this tread be advised

You must be 18 to click on the picture...

Sgt Morales, AM
12-29-04, 01:40 PM
NC.Gal....It's good to know that the female species of the sparrowhawk is much larger!!! But we must remember that...

size does not matter. HEHEHE

Osotogary
12-29-04, 02:16 PM
Sparrowhawk,
Not that is any of my concern but you wrote,"Just lift the lid, and just for you....I've enclosed a NAKED PICTURE of myself. WARNING! Anyone else viewing this thread be advised you must be 18 to click on the picture."
Only problem I see is that you don't mention that you have to be 18 to view the picture. Actually, you don't mention any age restriction for viewing the picture only just for clicking the picture.
I believe that you have opened the door for the Censor Police. LOL. It may be too late but you may already have, through this "Pandora Box" ploy, unleashed unnecessary evils into this world. LMAO.

Sparrowhawk
12-29-04, 02:27 PM
Already they are talking about sizes... LMAO

size does not matter? (http://sounds.wavcentral.com/movies/braveheart/as_long_as.mp3)

Sgt Morales, AM
12-29-04, 02:43 PM
LOL...Where do you fit in? HEHEHEHE

Toby M
12-29-04, 03:13 PM
Women....can't live with-can't kill them...(not my quote-heard it somewhere else on this site)

Osotogary
12-29-04, 03:22 PM
Sgt Morales, AM,
I believe the "Adapt and Overcome Doctrine" may come into play here. LOL

nc.gal
12-29-04, 03:23 PM
WHAT HAVE I STARTED???????????????

Sgt Morales, you're correct, size REALLY doesn't matter.

COOK, great pic:D

Sgt Morales, AM
12-29-04, 04:05 PM
Toby M...just perfect..blame someone else for your post. LOL

Adapt and overcome? Hummmmm I'll leave that one alone. :)

nc.gal
12-29-04, 05:14 PM
RUB YOUR BELLY;)

I've been naughty these past few days-----
skipped going to church last Sunday----------
is this why I've been naughty????:D

I'VE HAD TOO MUCH TEMPTATION HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:p

nc.gal
01-03-05, 06:44 PM
If so, there are several woodpeckers drilling rings around some
of our trees. These are some destructive little creatures.
:D

grayshade
01-03-05, 07:09 PM
That is exactly how I picture Cook naked,...not that I ever tried to...uh, better shut-it before nc. or AM try to use it against me. Different subject, rub Cook's head and he does a little dance,...um not that I've seen it, I mean him, I just heard.

nc.gal
01-03-05, 09:12 PM
we better be careful of how we phrase our words:D

don't you think that round belly needs rubbing?;)

who wants to volunteer?:D

Sparrowhawk
01-04-05, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by nc.gal
we better be careful of how we phrase our words:D

don't you think that round belly needs rubbing?;)

who wants to volunteer?:D

Don't have a round belly, but the last woman that rubbed it, I ended up marrying... LMAO

Phantom Blooper
01-04-05, 07:29 AM
Cook,Which head is grayshade referring too? ROTFLMAO! Semper-Fi!! Chuck Hall:)