PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas and Thank You to Our Troops in Harm’s Way

thedrifter
12-24-04, 09:15 AM
Merry Christmas and Thank You to Our Troops in Harm’s Way

December 23, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Sher Zieve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I sit typing this with a cup of steaming Hazelnut coffee in front of me, a crackling fire in the fireplace and snow on the ground outside, reminders of those who have allowed this enjoyment of my morning fill me. The young men and women fighting and dying in the current war for civilization are keeping the battles over there, so that I can take pleasure in peacefully waking up ‘over here’. These courageous individuals have chosen to fight and, if necessary, die so that our country, its people and our way of life can and will survive; so that I can live. It’s very personal.
I would like to thank each and every one of you for keeping me safe, as I awaken in my warm bed to a wonderfully snowy morning, while you question whether or not you will be alive tomorrow. I thank you for allowing me to happily deliver presents and my love to family and friends, while your own loved ones are far away. I thank you for taking my fear and experiencing it as your own. However, there are not thanks enough to give to you incomparable warriors who fight on the grounds of distant and treacherous lands, so that I will be safe at home. You are the true protectors of our liberty. You are the ones to be lauded, with every word of praise known to mankind. You daily place your lives in jeopardy, so that I and the rest of us won’t have to.

Please know that as I and my loved ones enjoy Christmas dinner, you will all be in our prayers. And we will pray for your safe return to your own families. Thank you for your sacrifice and bravery and please know that you are a special group and the true elites in our society. You are the ones who fight to defend us all.

Merry Christmas to all of you and may God bless you…each and every one.

Sher Zieve

Ellie