PDA

View Full Version : Air / Naval Gunfire Platoon Vietnam

Sgted
12-23-04, 09:55 PM
Air / Naval gunfire platoon, Comm Co, HqBn Vietnam.
This website was created by a fellow Marine and friend.
Were you there ?
Are you looking for someone who was attached ?.

Loaded with great photos of 1st Marine Division, Marble Mountain and Radio Hill.
A roster of current members.

Take a look.
Sign the book.

http://home.comcast.net/~bschauf/GUNFIRE_HOME1.HTML

Patdaly
12-23-04, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the info. I was in Naval Gunfire at LeJune and went on several cruises as a Naval Gunfire F/O

skeeterj
03-14-05, 11:13 AM
I was with 1st ANGLICO 1960 thru 1963 at Camp Smith Hawaii.

RVHall
09-18-07, 09:37 PM
:)
I was with 1st ANGLICO 1960 thru 1963 at Camp Smith Hawaii.

Semper Fi, Skeeterj,

I was also a 1st ANGLICO marine from 04OCT67 thru 24OCT68. This was in Vietnam, and I was attached to the 2nd ROK Marine Brigade (Blue Dragon Brigade). We had two-marine teams attached to the recon platoon and each infantry company, and we had marines maintaining radio watch 24-7 in the battalion headquarters.

I've recently joined the ANGLICO Association but they don't have the ability to communcate directly. I'm delighted to say hello to another ANGLICO dude.

Best Regards,

Vance Hall

bailesrj
10-06-07, 11:10 PM
the anglico site is good thanks for sharing. i was a f/o radio oper.with the 12th mar. 62-63 and called some naval and air fire.

jogracey
08-13-10, 01:09 PM
My brother, James Gracey, was an Anglico Marine in Vietnam in '67 and '68. He served at least one tour with the ROK's but I do not know which unit. I am trying to find anyone that may remember him.

He had a nick name of KATO, I don't know if that was his call sign or not.

Thank you to any that reply.

Fred Kingston
07-15-14, 06:54 PM
Been a long time coming... Looking for ANGF Platoon members from Chu lai in 1965

RVHall
07-15-14, 07:07 PM
Been a long time coming... Looking for ANGF Platoon members from Chu lai in 1965
Consider joining the forum at www.1anglico.org/forums, and asking Tom Petri, author of "Lightning from the Sky, Thunder from the Sea." Tom was with the first deployment to RVN.

I think Tom's user name is Yajasu.

I served from 04 OCT 1967 until 24 OCT 1968 with Det. 5, (Korean Marines). I began with the recon platoon in far western Binh Son Province on a mountaintop OP near the village of An Hoa - not the An Hoa up near DaNang. I was moved in November to the 11th Company CP near Trabinhdong where the famous battle had occurred the previous February, and we force marched to a road where we were then transported to Chu Lai, shipped to DaNang, and then down to the new TAOR in the Hoi An area. I then was moved to 10th Company where I spent most of my tour with 3rd Battalion.

Vance Hall

Fred Kingston
07-15-14, 07:53 PM
Vance... Thank you for a quick response... I got out of the Marine Corp. in Nov.'67, right after to had got there... I wish I had kept up with my team mates... but life got in the way.... Now that I'm retired, it gives one time to reflect and try to make old connections...

RVHall
07-15-14, 09:03 PM
Fred, the ANGLICO Association is planning their biannual reunion for 2015. Tentatively, it will be held in San Antonio. I don't know whether they will stick with their traditional date of early November (around the Marine Corps birthday) or go earlier in the year this time.

Info will be posted on our website. I also set up two areas on Facebook, a "Lightning from the Sky" group and an "ANGLICO Association" page. Details will be posted there as well.

Jim Porta and Dave Long comprised the ANGLICO team at the most famous battle in Korean Marine Corps history at Trabinhdong, February 1967. I'd bet that both will be there. Dave lives (I think) in Tennessee and Jim lives in Tucson, AZ. I've met both at reunions.

Semper Fi,

Vance

BarneyNGF
10-13-14, 06:23 PM
I was with BLT 2/3 for most of '67. All our ops were in the I Corps area, mostly DaNang northward. Started out at Artillery Plateau in Oct. 66 ( just before it became J.J.Carroll). Remember Bill Batia from Mississippi, Royce Black from Arkansas, Jim Ramesbottom from Michigan, Mike Lovingier from Pleasanton, California.