PDA

View Full Version : Little white lies about Santa Clause

hrscowboy
12-23-04, 02:36 PM
Last night myself and grandma had just finished wrapping a bunch of presents for the grandchildren when i heard the door bell ring and i went to the door to find my 8 year old grandson and his mother and father standing there. I invited them in and we were all sitting around visiting. My eight year old grandson then proceeded to get up on my lap and started asking questions about old santa clause. Now me being a person that cant stand anyone that lies to me had to figure out what to say to this little guy when he popped the big question, Paw Paw is there really a santa Clause or is it Mom and Dad. I proceeded to ask the questions of what made him think that there was no Santa Clause, remembering the day i found out the real truth and i was devastated. I then proceded to tell my grandson that he needed to believe what he believed in and to not let anyone tell him different. He then proceded to tell me that he hoped that Santa clause didnt forget all the Men and women that are fighting for this country and there children. He also said he hoped santa clause didnt forget the children in Iraq. Well My brothers and sisters this Big Bad Marine had to look away with a lump in his throat to think this young boy was worried about other children in the world not having Santa Clause. Even tho i knew it was wrong I looked him in the Eyes and said Hell yes theres a santa clause and if anyone tells you different tell them to come see your grandpa...

yellowwing
12-23-04, 02:39 PM
That's a terrific experience. Fine grandson you have there.

JAMarine
12-23-04, 02:40 PM
The Magic continues thanks to 1 old Marine.....

Sempers

rich

thedrifter
12-23-04, 02:41 PM
Outstanding!

You are teaching Your grandson well..;)

Ellie

Sgt Morales, AM
12-23-04, 03:14 PM
That deserves a big OOOOHHHH RAAHHH!!!!!

femalemarine_89
12-23-04, 03:17 PM
That is soo cool.. and i have to agree with Sgt.. that deserves one hell of a big OOOOHHHHH RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

Toby M
12-23-04, 04:25 PM
Leave it to a little kid to turn a bad a** Marine to mush...

rockhopper
12-23-04, 05:35 PM
If there isn't, who has NORAD been tracking every year???

My kid loves this!

http://www.noradsanta.org/english/index.html

MillRatUSMC
12-23-04, 07:19 PM
I've been trying to instill in my grandchildren, that Christmas really is about giving than recieving.
Its a spirit that dwell in each of us.
It also reminds of the birth of our Lord.
So, your grandson really has the spirit of Christmas.
Thanks for sharing.
My grandchildren, all they can afford now, are a few Christmas cards.
But those mean more to me than any other gift.
Because its from their little hearts.
Yes, children have a way of making Marines, mush.

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

hrscowboy
12-23-04, 11:09 PM
Ricardo my brother you got that right, it really slammed me to think this little guy had thought all that...

airframesguru
12-24-04, 12:59 AM
I think the world has alot to learn from our kids.

Merry Christmas Marines!

Mike

PFCJon
12-24-04, 01:20 AM
Sounds like a hell of a kid you have there, makes me smile to think about people like that in the world. Merry Christmas!

rsta
12-24-04, 05:16 AM
The little fella has a good heart! You know, it's amazing what I learn when I listen to my grandkids, they being about the same age at this one. They certainly have a way to make me stop and think. Grandpa, you did good in your reply, too. May you and your family have a Merry Christmas!

Semper Fi!

Bob

DSchmitke
12-24-04, 07:03 AM
From the mouths of babes comes the true meaning of Christmas. You should be proud of this little one. Merry Christmas..

hrscowboy
12-24-04, 02:20 PM
yes i am very proud of this little guy he wants to be a Marine when he grows up...

snipowsky
12-24-04, 03:23 PM
That's great hrscowboy! Very slick way of evading the question. "Tell them to see grandpa if anyone says different!" lol
At least you know his momma and dad are raising him right since he's concerned about other kids for Christmas. He's got the right Christmas spirit. I think I would have lost it if I had a grand kid and they said something so sweet like that.

And here I thought all kids these days were punks. Guess I was sorely mistaken. They all still are except one!

Have a Merry Christmas brothers and sisters!