PDA

View Full Version : Royal Marines face court martial

thedrifter
12-23-04, 09:49 AM
Royal Marines face court martial <br />
<br />
Six members of a Royal Marines training team from Devon are to be court martialled, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) has confirmed. <br />
It follows complaints of...

Toby M
12-23-04, 10:20 AM
Royal Marines have always had a reputation for their toughness and strict discipline. How do these fools think they got that reputation? Much like our Marines, they don't mamby-pamy their recruits either...Bullying my A**!!! Just part of the training needed to make a good Marine...(Royal or otherwise)

oldanglico
01-02-05, 02:02 PM
There is much support and understanding from the British public for the training methods employed by the Royal Marines. Bullying is not tollerated in any shape or form within the Corps and sometimes the Press can manipulate facts. Rest assured that if a wrongdoing has occurred then the guilty parties will be rooted out. Our traditions are too important to be sacrificed for a few who may not (and I emphasise "may not") have followed orders and guidlines.

Nagalfar
01-02-05, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by oldanglico
sometimes the Press can manipulate facts.
I think they (the press) prefers to refer to it as Embellishment Techniques.. the rest of the world.. we just call it more BS.

bootneck2
01-05-05, 05:38 PM
Ex 'Royal' here - Just want to say hello and best wishes to all serving and ex Leathernecks.
Hey Drifter, just been on your website, nice going, but get a haircut - in fact, get 2!:yes:

JAG5150
01-05-05, 05:54 PM
:idea:

JAG5150
01-05-05, 05:57 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by thedrifter
[B]Royal Marines face court martial

The MoD says it has a zero-tolerance policy towards verbal and physical bullying.

Last I checked all recruits were intimidated, thats the way that 4 Marines can control 70 civilians and sculpt them into Marines.:marine:

JAG5150
01-05-05, 05:58 PM
Sorry about the first one, I messed up. I know, first time for everything

thedrifter
01-17-05, 05:27 PM
Royal Marines face bullying claim <br />
Six members of a Royal Marines training team from Devon face a pre-trial review on Monday ahead of a court martial. <br />
It follows complaints of bullying at the...

lucien2
01-22-05, 07:00 PM
WTF? Gimme a friggin' break! I have trained with them on several NATO ops and they are a great bunch of guys! Some mommas boy probably wrote a letter home, thats usually how the sh!t starts!

oldanglico
02-03-05, 01:48 PM
It was announced today in the British press. &quot;New evidence has come to light and all charges of bullying levelled against six Royal Marine Instructors have been dropped&quot; A victory for common sense...