PDA

View Full Version : WOO-HOO for ME!

HardJedi
12-22-04, 09:47 PM
Well, got all A's for this semester! brings my grade point up to a 3.75! WEEE!

wanna see?

PHIL 101 Philosophy of Religion Lecture Graded A 3.00 credits

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PHIL 203 Ethics Lecture Graded A 3.00 credits

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPDR 101Fundamentals of Speech Lecture Graded A 3.00 credits

thedrifter
12-22-04, 09:48 PM
Congratulations!

Ellie

femalemarine_89
12-22-04, 09:49 PM
congrats HJ..

HardJedi
12-22-04, 09:53 PM
Hey thanks, but this was a really easy semester for me. Next one is gonna SUCK! taking Biology( i hate science) Sociology, Psycology, and finally, Western Civ II

14 hours plus working full time, gonna wear me OUT! LOL

femalemarine_89
12-22-04, 09:57 PM
hey when i was in school i loved biology, loved psychology.. as for sociology i could have passed on that one..

Sparrowhawk
12-22-04, 10:51 PM
A "C" AS A FRESHMAN IN HIGH SCHOOL.....

I RAN HOME, TO TRY AND EXPLAIN IT TO MY MOM.

SHE LOOKED AT MY REPORT CARD...

AND SAID A "C"?

YES, I ANSWERED.

SHE THEN HUGGED ME, SHE WAS SO PROUD OF ME.

HEY, THAT WAS THE HIGHEST GRADE I'VE EVER GOTTEN... LMAO

Congratulations

HardJedi

Cook

Sgted
12-22-04, 11:31 PM
I got a gold star at the playground once.

As for biology......a lady once told me I had nice feet....!!
Some biology stuff took place afterwards.

Congrats HJ.
We are proud of you.

lurchenstein
12-23-04, 01:27 AM
Outstanding! Have you taken the "leap of faith"?;)

snipowsky
12-23-04, 01:56 AM
Good job Michael! Keep up the good work bro!

LivinSoFree
12-23-04, 02:16 AM
Well done HJ.. makes my GPA (which shall remain unmentioned) rather sad... it's rising, but oh so slowly. Oh well, in the end, it's that Degree that matters... eyes on the prize.

DSchmitke
12-23-04, 04:43 AM
Congrats HardJedi....

HardJedi
12-23-04, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by lurchenstein
Outstanding! Have you taken the "leap of faith"?;)

what's that?

and thanks again everyone!

you know what makes this really important to me? I have NO IDEA ON EARTH how I ever graduated High school. I absolutley REFUSED to EVER do any homework or reports. I just didn't care.

I think they graduated me out of fear, I was a pretty crazy kid, and maybe on potential, because I DID ace all my tests back then, but thats the ONLY thing I woul do.

bigwalt
12-23-04, 08:38 AM
Congrats HJ! I feel your pain. I'm taking 10 credits this next semester and I work full time have two little ones under the age of 5 and my wife works full time on second shift. I currently hold 3.00 gpa and I'm shooting for higher. I'm in Criminal Justice how about you?

rockhopper
12-23-04, 08:39 AM
Congrats! I am struggling away as well, but doing fine too...

Just finished...

MATH 140 College Algebra
PHYS 142 Earth Science
ASCI 254 Aviation Legislation

Starting up...

HIST 130 History of Aviation in America
HUMN 142 Studies in Literature
PHYS 102 Physics

Where are ya enrolled? Embry-Riddle Aeronatical University here.

airframesguru
12-23-04, 08:42 AM
You a smart MOFO! good job. I finnished last year with about half that GPA. School and work dont mixl.

SF

HardJedi
12-23-04, 08:45 AM
Bigwalt, I am a Double Major right now in History and secondary education, with a minor in Philosophy.

Rockhopper, I am enrolled at the University of Missouri Kansas City.

Glad to see my fellow Marines CONTINUING the march to be the best! ( also I WAS a Criminal Justice major for two years, but decided I would just end up getting fired if I was a cop, drunk drivers and wife/kid abusers would have made me lose my temper)

LivinSoFree
12-23-04, 09:41 AM
Amen to that airframes, between a 12-15 hour courseload, 30-40 hours of work a week, plus the occasional "Marine Corps Holiday" (hmm... going to the field Jan, Feb, March, and April, with rifle range in May... HMM, I WONDER WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN?!), and the miscellany of existance.... yeah, the GPA takes a hit.

femalemarine_89
12-23-04, 10:20 AM
Well you all can wish me the best.. I am going to be starting school studying criminology and forensics.. keep your fingers crossed for me.

Sparrowhawk
12-23-04, 11:32 AM
Already have my masters, have done all I want to do as far as education goes. <br />
<br />
Was thinking of getting PHD in Psychology, but I'm burned out on counseling, used to charge $85.00 bucks an hour for...

femalemarine_89
12-23-04, 12:17 PM
OMG Sparrow.. you are crazy.. private lessons.. heck me and my husband are having our formal wedding in June of next year.. told him not to think i was going to dance.. LOL

Sparrowhawk
12-23-04, 12:28 PM
I'll bring my own set of cuff's and dance with you...

might start a new craze, people will think its a new type of dancing style.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/NGSPOD01/101429.jpghttp://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/NGSPOD06/112609.jpg

Sgt Morales, AM
12-23-04, 12:50 PM
Well HJ,
If you ever need ANY help in the Science area drop me a line. I am a nerd when it comes to that. I have an associates degree in Anthropology which required tons of science courses. I am currently working on getting my bachelors.

GREAT JOB Jedi!! Keep up the good work.

SF,

Ann

Sgtj
12-23-04, 01:11 PM
Good Job HJ, I know how your feeling. When I first started those courses it was tough for me. I averaged good in all of them but now that I am in my last year and finishing all my upper level classes it honestly seems to be getting even easier for me to get good grades. My GPA suffered a bit so I am only at a 3.37 but I am completely happy with that since it is only going to take me 3 years to graduate with a BS in Business Mgt. I worked it out with my dean and I have been taking 21 hours each semester while working. It's a lot of fun.

femalemarine_89
12-23-04, 01:36 PM
ROFLMAO @ Cook.. thats a good one.. but no need for the cuffs.. i dont like to be confined.. i like to use them but dont like them used on me.. hehehe

yellowwing
12-23-04, 01:53 PM
That's outstanding, Hard Jedi! I don't have the patience to go back full time. I have taken some computer courses, but they are fun to me.

After I make my millions, I'll train to be a Swimming Instructor. I figure that once someone learns how to swim, that's something they'll have the rest of their life.

HardJedi
12-23-04, 02:02 PM
LOL Yellowing. After you make you millions, can you hire me at a modest sum to act as a personal pain in the A$$? LOL you know, walk around telling you to believe in something other than you do now, and explain why you are wrong all the time? ( oh wait, don't you already HAVE a wife? ) ROFLMAO! :D

yellowwing
12-23-04, 02:04 PM
Yes, with my wife I get a FREE 2nd Opinion. But she does very well on, "Other Duties as Assigned" ;)

HardJedi
12-23-04, 02:07 PM
yeah well, true. ok how about as a philosophical antagonist? EVERYONE needs one of those! LOL