PDA

View Full Version : About the Marines . . .

marinemom
12-20-04, 02:09 PM
I thought I would share this tribute from a member of the State Department, ......seems appropriate <br />
<br />
<br />
About the Marines . . . <br />
<br />
Maybe it's the Christmas season. Maybe I'm just getting old....

Osotogary
12-20-04, 02:19 PM
Appropriate indeed. All I have to do is look in my wallet at a couple of photographs and everthing you just posted comes to life. Thank you for presenting a very well written tribute.

jinelson
12-20-04, 02:26 PM
Thanks Mom that was a very touching post

Toby M
12-20-04, 02:54 PM
Great post Marine Mom...everytime I see these kids in cami's, I can't help but wonder how much younger can they get??? I quickly remember being only 18 or 19 when I was over doing my part. They're only young looking but most of them have had to grow up fast! I never wonder however, if they can "do the job"! I have every confidence they are able to do what they have to to keep us all safe at night.

rockhopper
12-20-04, 04:23 PM
Great story marinemom, thank you. I agree completely... when I see pictures of myself and my fellow Marines when I was in, I am amazed at how young I look... with the awesome responsibility of maintaining A-6E's that were older than I was.

HardJedi
12-21-04, 12:38 PM
Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

For me, when I hear of our dead or wonded, I remember all the friends I had in the Corps, and all the crazy stuff we did, and I think, " my god, were we ever that young?"

it breaks my heart to see so many dieing, and it lifts my spirits to know that those young men and women are doing something they BELIEVE in!

Timber
12-21-04, 01:50 PM
Great post mom. Those "kids" are more grown up than most would give them credit for. Hard to believe I was 17 when I joined and how much it changed me.

Semper Fi