PDA

View Full Version : Listen up if you think I'm rude!

boodrowusmc
12-15-04, 07:03 PM
Alrighty, I need to let the young 'uns in on a little secret...

You don't stop gettin lit up and yelled at after boot camp. If you're doing something you shouldn't be doing and the NCO's are on their game, they'll let you know it, hard.

I've been reading some of the posts here lately and I'm seeing people belly aching and crying over getting "rude" posts to questions that are commonly refered to as "stupid".

Hate to burst your little bubble, but that's the Marine Corps. We do that because having that hard charging attitude saves lives. You guys need to start growing some thicker skin. You'll find out soon enough that we don't care about your feelings. We, as Marines, care about your performance. If you're hardcore, we can trust you to get the job done and fight for your brothers.

I'm a pogue and our gunny can be one of the coolest AND the scariest men I've ever met in my life. (course it helps that he was a SDI at PI before becoming my 1st Sgt :)

BLOOD!
MAKES THE GRASS GROW!
MARINES!
MAKES THE BLOOD FLOW!
MY CORPS!
YOUR CORPS!
UNITED STATES!
MARINE CORPS!
OOORAH!
OOORAH!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Thank God for motivating trash. :)

Timber
12-15-04, 07:26 PM
How true you are. I was not issued any simpathy in my seabag. Hard Corps 24/7

greensideout
12-15-04, 07:37 PM
You make me grin boodrowusmc---I can sleep well tonight knowing that the Corps continues on.

Semper Fi

Toby M
12-15-04, 07:55 PM
My thoughts exactly!

JAMarine
12-15-04, 08:47 PM
:devious:
Another Fine Marine.

DeNichilo 0300
12-15-04, 09:15 PM
lol good to go

garryh123
12-15-04, 09:56 PM
Fvckin hard corps!

Arlene Horton
12-15-04, 10:01 PM
Boodrowusmc...it's so comforting that we have another outstanding Marine taking care of business. Semper Fi

garryh123
12-15-04, 10:47 PM
Speakin of rude....I was just in sgt grits chat room....was invited there...I even mispelled the fvckin S*it cuss words and they were offended......what's up with that sh*t?....people are so fvkin uptight nowadays.

TRLewis
12-16-04, 07:18 AM
Kill them...errr wait we can't do that domestically or while news reporters are watching. J/K. I agree with this entire post, those of you not Marines you should be thankful to be here. If you're a parent, vet, or prior service thanks for your support. But the rest of you your ass belongs to the Corps.

Namvet67
12-16-04, 07:33 AM
You tell em broodrowusmc....oorah Semper Fi and thanks for your post...mighty proud

A.P
12-16-04, 07:39 AM
thats how it is, i saw a guy show up 2 minutes late for firewatch last night and he got to stay up all night . funny how that works.
semperfi.

Toby M
12-16-04, 09:12 AM
Reading these posts early in the morning is what motivates me to get going on my day. It gets my blood boiling with pride...To all past and present Marines who read this, thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Signed: An old Marine who still loves it...

Namvet67
12-16-04, 09:39 AM
Same here Toby

Cole11
12-16-04, 02:37 PM
OORAH

yellowwing
12-16-04, 05:04 PM
That's some outstanding display of motivation, PFC!

I'll pass on a related story I had sent to TracGunny.

That same trac buddy in MCLB Albany told me about being on an FMF 2 month float. He was CPL of the Guard then and a sentry was sitting down with his weapon under his feet. He asked him, "Why do you have your weapon under your feet, Marine?".

"It got heavy," was the reply.

"Okay, let's see what the Sgt of the Guard says about that."

The Sgt of the Guard made the slacker carry a .50 cal for the rest of the watch!

Abe's
12-16-04, 06:21 PM
I never cared for the word rude. To civilian, to soft, something a lovely lady would tell me. I like the words "harsh" or "no nonsense", both I feel describes a Marine to a "T".

And do I remember those days as a young Marine when I had the likes of PFC's all the way up to MGySgt "harsh" with me. Funny now, but at the time they were "harsh" with me; I was shaking in my size 9W boot as they were thrashing me out. Up until I picked up L/Cpl and learned that knowledge and giving them a 110%+ was power, even for a s**tbird like me. Yes I would still get chewed out, yes I would get trashed, and on and on as a s**tbird, but when the chips were down they knew they could trust me getting my job done.

In closing, I feel those crusty Marines that dogged me out and any Marine that dogs a young Marine out, is simply showing that they care.

yellowwing
12-19-04, 10:45 AM
In closing, I feel those crusty Marines that dogged me out and any Marine that dogs a young Marine out, is simply showing that they care.
Yes, our harsh lessons really can save lives. On watch with your weapon under your feet is SO WRONG!

Actually it was a submarine sailor that told me the best related sea story. Before he became a 'bubble head', he was assigned to the surface fleet.

A devastating shipboard fire had broken out. He ran down the passageway into his buddy's room and yelled at him, "GET OUT NOW, THERE'S A FIRE!"

They found his buddy later on, dead. He had tried to take the time to put on his trousers when the fire took him.

USMCguyTX
12-24-04, 01:15 PM
Listen hear young devil Dogs, recruits, and poolees........and NCO's and SNCO's can chime in whever you want........ <br />
<br />
Their are valuable lessons we as Marines try to teach eachother...Sometimes you...

snipowsky
12-24-04, 03:31 PM
Boot camp is a joke compared to the Fleet Marine Force. Some days in the FMF I wished I was back at Parris Island. LMFAO!