PDA

View Full Version : New Navy Uniform has Marine Look

kentmitchell
12-15-04, 05:21 AM
Oboy, look what they're trying to do now.
http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,usn1_120804.00.htm

[imghttp://www.navy.mil/view_single.asp?id=19411 [/img]

LivinSoFree
12-15-04, 06:28 AM
Navy News Service posted the uniform plates for the Navy Cammies about a month and a half or so ago... basically USMC Utilities/MARPATs with Blue/Gray patterns.

I still keep in fairly regular contact with a now USNR Master Chief HM in DC who I know through a series of events. He's been involved with the Navy's "Task Force Uniform" (uh oh folks, get the h*ll out of their way, they've got a task force!) for some time now. These photos are at least better than what I had originally been told to expect/was the CNO favorite flavor of the week, which involved a Charlies style uniform, except with black trousers/garrison cover and the khaki shirt. Sound familiar? If it does, it's because that was identical to the Hitler Youth Uniforms of World War II... not exactly the image we wanted to project, eh?

Other uniform options suggested had been a "salt & pepper" configuration, however, objections had been voiced that that option resembled too much a food service industry uniform... hard to see how that could be true with military creases, a big rating badge on the sleeve and a sea service deployment ribbon or two but oh well.

Notice the sailor in the image's shoes... scuffed all to holy h*ll... and this is the MODEL! Gonna give us a bad name....

"And on the 7th day, when god rested, he looked and he was still not pleased, for he did not have a Marine Corps uniform for himself, and so he thought: "Well, I guess not everyone can be a Marine."

- Meyer

kentmitchell
12-15-04, 06:34 PM
I saw pictures of the navy cammies. They'll be able to sneak around water undetected, I'm sure.

TRLewis
12-16-04, 07:14 AM
Can't wait to see some SEAL teams slap those bad boys on. hahahahahahahaa

femalemarine_89
12-21-04, 10:02 PM
I have to say that I think the new uniforms are going to look better than what they wear now. To be honest I think their uniforms look cheap and they wear cheap

kentmitchell
12-22-04, 05:53 PM
What? You don't like those Dixie cups they wear on their heads?

femalemarine_89
12-22-04, 05:55 PM
LOL.. no i dont.. and to think I married into the Navy.. LOL