PDA

View Full Version : understanding racial sensitivity

Sparrowhawk
12-14-04, 08:13 PM
Years ago, I read a book, "Black Like Me," I've always thought that people that have a racial bias comes in all colors. It is their problem, I saw it on the police force and in society, some are just ignorant, some have been brought up that way, others are truly racist, but come on $50,000 lost why?

What laws were broken?

sometimes we go too far...

What if I put white flower on my face...

and sat at Starbucks all day.. humm i better not order chocolate..

then the next day I did it in black... who would be offended and why?

I know, I think I'll go after UPS because they refer to themselves as "Brown" thereby associating my color with cheap package mailing....

All this is very stupid....

and how come the Air Force claims the color Blue for their uniforms?

and the US Navy white color?

I mean why can't they get along, mix the colors..

i know from now on, I will not order a fruit salad or a vegetable pizza, I'll call them a multi-cultural salad and cultural inclusive pizza.

Stupid, stupid, stupid....

<hr>

Judge Suspended For Wearing Blackface To Party

POSTED: 6:52 am EST December 14, 2004

NEW ORLEANS -- The Louisiana Supreme Court has given a judge a six-month suspension for wearing blackface makeup, handcuffs and a jail jumpsuit to a Halloween party.

Judge Timothy Ellender will lose all of his pay during the suspension. That totals more than $50,000.

Ellender, who is white, said the costumes worn by him and his wife were meant as a joke. She dressed as a policewoman. And the party's host, Ellender's brother-in-law, was dressed as Buckwheat.

The justices agreed Ellender did not mean to insult blacks. Still, they ordered him to take a sociology course to get "a greater understanding of racial sensitivity."

Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/3994952/detail.html

greensideout
12-14-04, 09:08 PM
The social engineering in this country has gone nuts!

If a man complements a woman on how nice her hair looks---it's "sexual harrasment".

If someone comments on a strange mode of dress or behavior---it's "intolerance".

The list seems to go on forever. It's out of control.

HardJedi
12-14-04, 11:18 PM
know wjat I thin? people need to stop worrying so much about WORDS and looks, and all of that, and just judge by ACTIONS. I could care less if you are black, brown, red, yellow or white. and A$$ hole is still just that, no matter the color.

Lock-n-Load
12-15-04, 12:10 AM
:marine: I agree 100% with your above illustrations...many moons ago those comments were welcome by the distaff as genuine compliments and were accepted as such...this political correctness was started by Mr and Mrs Clinton in 2000 and as you stated...it got [WAY]out of control...it can be corrected..if,each and everyone of us to take back what goodness past generations lived with...courtesy, equality and consideration..no gender was better than the other...the Clintons thrived as they created to agitate the masses with subject matter to confuse us: thus, "they always came to the rescue by looking hot"...just look what the Democratic party is today: adrift, bewildered and impotent ...and here comes Queen Hillary..."to the rescue in 2008"...it's about time adult people open their eyes to perfidy, chicanery and deceit by Queen Hillary; otherwise, she'll change the USA to her likeness...it's up to us to tell her to ..."shove the -uc- off!!" :marine:

yellowwing
12-15-04, 12:16 AM
Hey now! Back off of Queen Hillary, she'll get Janet Reno to slug it out with you!
http://www.ywg-web.com/images/clinton-reno-2008.jpg

Lock-n-Load
12-15-04, 12:21 AM
:marine: What a..."Daily Double" that is..LOL...LOL...you just proved my point, Marine:marine: Semper Fi