PDA

View Full Version : My Friends...

wagphan
12-12-04, 11:00 PM
This is a note to say how much YOU are missed in my heart. That day in 1989, this was "Team Spirit" 1989. it was evening when we got the message of the chopper crash killing so many and wounding only so few. "only 1 person made it out of that chopper unburned" Aprox. 22 of my "friends" had their lives changed instantly, the chopper crashed, but did not blow right away, the fuel tanks ruptured, doused my friends in fuel; then blew. Most were servearly burned and sent back to the states "Kansas City" i think cant really remember. Our lives went on, we trianed on, and we cried, and we drank, and we dreamed, of what we saw as your gear "duce-gear" h-harneses and personal weapons, that were melted and twisted. mostly i dreaded sleeping because i would wake up seeing those friends of mine in my dreams. The hardest part was when we had returned from deployment, and some of you had made it out of the hospital, had come to see us at the barracks, "THAT" was the hardest thing for me, seeing you all for the first time, still with your bandages and the masks, and i could not come up to you and pat you on the back, and welcome you home; i was horified at what i saw. But that was then and this is now, the dreams are no more and i no longer look to a bottle for comfort. But i still think of you from time to time, we were given coins to remember the day it happened, but i have misplaced it; and i fear it is gone for good. The unit was CHARLEY COMPANY"weapons platoon' 1st Btn Fifth MARINES 1st. MAR.Div. or "C" Co. 1/5 "weapons platoon. For those of you who did not come home, may you rest in peace. For those of you who did make it home may god bless you.