PDA

View Full Version : Companies that ban guns put on defensive

yellowwing
12-11-04, 11:02 AM
Fri Dec 10,11:50 AM ET <br />
By Stephanie Armour, USA TODAY <br />
Ronald Honeycutt didn't hesitate. The Pizza Hut driver had just finished dropping off a delivery when a man holding a gun approached him. <br />

yellowwing
12-12-04, 11:44 AM
It was fall 1981 or '82, a group of hunters met up at the High School parking lot to go out to assasinate Bambi, one Sunday morning. <br />
<br />
When they were loading up all their hunting gear into their...

kentmitchell
12-14-04, 01:48 PM
They should have voted out the DA during the next election, too.
As for carrying, what's worse, being fired or being dead?
In Georgia, carrying a concealed weapon is legal and believe me it's a great inhibitor to predators. It can be difficult to look at someone and tell if he's packing.
It was once said that if we had xray vision we'd be amazed at who, and how many, carries concealed weapons in Georgia.
And remember the phrase: I was in fear for my life.

mrbsox
12-14-04, 08:09 PM
Ya gotta love the 'Kennesaw' city ordinance for gun possession.

Should set the standard.

greensideout
12-14-04, 10:51 PM
You don't need those guns that you carry.

We have a government that will protect you.

After you have been killed they will have forms filled out, worked on the crime motive, gathered information on how and why you may have been killed.

They want to help you and protect you.

You should call 911.

Ya, right!

Try dailing .357 for a faster response. :D

"People are kinder and more polite in a society where everone is carrying a gun."---Col. Cooper, USMC.

HardJedi
12-14-04, 11:21 PM
i said it before and I will say it again here. I am all for concealed weapons. After all, you will never in your life need a gun, unless you need one REAL BAD!

yellowwing
12-15-04, 09:56 AM
Taxi Driver Shoots Man in Bin Laden Mask
Associated Press, 19 Dec 2004 (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=817&ncid=757&e=10&u=/ap/20041215/ap_on_fe_st/costa_rica_bin_laden_mask)
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - Osama bin Laden take note: You wouldn't be safe in Costa Rica. A startled taxi driver shot and wounded a jokester wearing a plastic mask of the al-Qaida leader, police said Tuesday.

Leonel Arias, 47, told police he was playing a practical joke by donning the Bin Laden mask, toting his pellet rifle and jumping out to scare drivers on a narrow street in his hometown, Carrizal de Alajuela, about 20 miles north of San Jose.

Arias had startled several drivers that way on Monday afternoon. But when he jumped out in front of taxi driver Juan Pablo Sandoval, the motorist reached for a gun and shot him twice in the stomach. He was hospitalized in stable condition.

"For me and I think for anybody else at a time like that one thinks the worst and so I fired my gun," Sandoval told Channel 7 television.

Police declined to detain Sandoval, saying he had believed he was acting in self-defense.

kentmitchell - And remember the phrase: I was in fear for my life.

You nailed that one Kent!

OLE SARG
12-15-04, 10:08 AM
Greensideout,
Yeh, right, our government will help us just like our VA has failed to help a lot of us veterans.

As you know, around KC it is a good idea to be armed depending on where in KC you go. As a retired law enforcement officer I am always armed, an expert shot and will use my weapon if I have to.

I, too, am also all for concealed carry.

SEMPER FI

yellowwing
12-15-04, 11:02 AM
America's Unluckiest Bank Robber
I can't remember what show it was, it was before all this reality TV. The show did police reinactmemts.

This idiot thought he had a better chance if he went to a small town out in the boonies to rob banks.

So he goes into this small town bank and proceeds with the robbery.

Right across the street from the bank, at some Dairy-Dip, is THE ONLY umarked police cruiser the county has. Everyone in the county knows the car, but not the robber.

So he runs out of the bank and the officer shouts at him to drop his weapon. The guy runs into the nearest side ally and the officer gives chase.

The idiot turns and fires at the officer. But, not only does he not know about THE unmarked cruiser, he also doesn't know that this particular officer is THE Marksmenship Instructor for the County and local City Police.

One shot, one kill, one dead idiot! :banana: