PDA

View Full Version : Marine Charged With Desertion

snipowsky
12-10-04, 12:38 AM
Marine Charged With Desertion <br />
Says Anti-Coalition Forces Abducted Him in Iraq <br />
By ESTES THOMPSON, AP <br />
<br />
RALEIGH, N.C. (Dec. 9) - A Marine who was reported abducted in Iraq and later turned up in...

hrscowboy
12-10-04, 01:43 AM
I hope the Corps burns his butt good and sends his muslim butt to leavenworth stockade for 10 years the SOB...

semperfiman
12-10-04, 02:16 AM
if he is guilty can we take his title away

DSchmitke
12-10-04, 04:48 AM
If guilty Death by firing squad.

CAR
12-10-04, 06:28 AM
Always thought that story was too fishy to believe. This is more believable. Now the Corps just needs to put this guy in jail and let some of his "former unit buddies" have a few minutes with him. What a disgrace, sorry he WAS a Marine.

yellowwing
12-10-04, 07:28 AM
A few news reports say one of the found documents was his passport. Do Marines really carry their passports into a combat zone these days? <br />
<br />
But if JAG has a slam-dunk case, why isn't he confined in...

Namvet67
12-10-04, 08:08 AM
The truth comes out...just as I thought in the beginning. The Corps come through...this EX-MARINE will pay the price.

jinelson
12-10-04, 12:16 PM
Wow, I knew something was wrong from the beginning. I just couldnt see a Marine being takin hostage in a combat zone without a hell of a noisey fight. This turd has brought dishonor upon himself and the Corps and no longer is worthy of the title and should be drummed out. May he rot in the brig at Portsmouth or better yet if Gitmo still has a red line brig that would be even better.

bdfairchild
12-10-04, 12:44 PM
There is still the probability that this guy was turned loose by his muslim brothers so that he could integrate himself back into the Marine Corps as a mole and either provide information, steal documents, or become a suicide bomber himself. Not that this fella is smart enough to pull off a successful mission of this type, but our present enemy has made it a habit of doing irrational acts.

Let's not forget that the Army is presently court martialing a Sergeant, who is a muslim, for fragging a tent full of officers. This story is proof that the a

Sparrowhawk
12-10-04, 02:45 PM
That would be the only way he could pass from one country to another country that is recognized as a terrorist sponsoring country, where American citizens are not permitted to travel to. <br />
<br />
He would...

Sgt Morales, AM
12-10-04, 03:05 PM
I also read in the associated press that the reason he was not in the Brig was because the military did not consider him a "high risk".

That's Bull $h!t!

If he had the balls to leave his post and go back to his native country, what makes the military think he won't do it again? He should at least be put in restriction pending the outcome of this investigation. If he is going to an article 32 hearing, he should be on a 30-60 day restriction anyway.

I agree Cook, he is a scumbag!

yellowwing
12-10-04, 04:16 PM
He would have used his Lebanon passport so his American passport would not be stamped.
ahhhh...the plot thickens...and the noose tightens!

I'll check around to see if it was his Lebonese Passport that was recovered.

Heck, for all we know, it might have been MarineMom's own "Tiger" that found it!

Toby M
12-10-04, 06:01 PM
I still think he was hesitant about fighting his own "brothers (raghead)" and decided it would be better to stage a "kidnapping"! Coward!!! I am sure the military doesn't want to lock him up for fear of upsetting the muslim community but as far as I am concerned, he has lost all right and priveleges and should be treated accordingly! If it was a non-muslim, he would be in solitary!!!

Sixguns
12-10-04, 07:03 PM
This is the guy who should be prosecuted, not the Marine who is under all the scrutiny for shooting the insurgent playing dead! The media is attempting to slant our opinions of the war. Cases or incidents that are "normal" under battlefield conditions are put under a microscope and the real crimes like this one and the deserters that 60 Minutes documented (deserters go to Canada) are not. Where is the public outrage for this Marine and those who turned their backs on the nation, their service and their comrades? Anyone want to bet on how long before the religion/ethnic race card get played for this guy? The media is almost saying "it's OK to turn and run from the enemy, but if you shoot the enemy, you better be able to justify your actions and prove you did everything by the book." These people violated one of the most basic of all military virtues -- Trust! They failed to honor a commitment ( of course you probably need to have honor in order to follow through with a commitment) and displayed the most distasteful traits and characteristics of any U.S. serviceman. There are laws and punishments in the UCMJ for this. Let's use them!!

SF,

Sixguns

Cole11
12-10-04, 07:17 PM
Not only did he disgrace our beloved Corps, and himself, but he put Marines in danger, was his yellowbellied self took the easy way out. As the Sargeant said in an earlier post, i think some of the Devil Dogs that he put in danger, should have a few minutes with him, and show him what Marines do with cowards.

HardJedi
12-10-04, 07:20 PM
I KNEW IT! but then again, I think EVERYONE knew it.

hrscowboy
12-10-04, 09:28 PM
yep big bubba is gonna have a field day with this dude....

snipowsky
12-11-04, 01:16 AM
I knew there was a certain stink with this muslim. Why do we even let them in our Corps? I'm not saying all muslims are bad either, but I knew something wasn't right with this one. He should be stripped of the title Marine, and shot dead.

Butskie51
12-11-04, 04:09 AM
Its a sad state of mind, when brothers are fighting for their lives and your being decitful and maybe all along had other motives to jeopardize the mission going on, as well as lives of comrades, weather it be for religous or personal gain! I hope they make a real example out of him....

GySgtRet
12-11-04, 09:19 AM
Maybe the NCIS is waiting to see what moves this "NCO of Marines" is going to take next? If he does try to run, lets wait and see...?? I don not know why the NCIS or the Marine Corps would do that. I knew Marines that had done lesser offenses and where confined. In this Gunnery Sergeants eyes he is a deserter and should be punished as such...!!! Whatever the UCMJ dictates. The ACLU will probably defend his postion because of religious presidence.

Semper Fidlis

hrscowboy
12-11-04, 10:34 AM
aww jesus h christ i am so tired of hearing that crap about religious presidence.. No pun intended on you Gysgtret, but it just seems like every time we turn around somebody has to claim presidence and it all a bunch of bull-crap cause they know they can get away with it... Now i could probably go with religious presidence if this muslim was rolling out his prayer rug and screaming to his lord 3 times a day but this dude just up and left his men more less your on your own and it would not bother me if he faced a firing squad for it either, It would make everyone sit up and take notice.. You desert you die thats the way it should be...

GySgtRet
12-11-04, 02:10 PM
hrscowboy,

I could not agree with you more he deserted and that is it..!!! PERIOD...no discusion. By the way I only bring up the ACLU hoping that one of those t$rD$ will read it.

Semper Fidelis

Toby M
12-11-04, 05:06 PM
Unfortunately, they don't execute deserters anymore...

GySgtRet
12-11-04, 08:15 PM
That is frustrating...!!!!

yellowwing
12-12-04, 12:20 AM
Well, we will see what the investigation turns up. If he is implicated in a conspiracy of aiding and abetting the enemy...when was the last time the Armed Forces executed a Service Member.

If an example needs to be made to keep order and discipline, (think disgruntled National Guardsmen), like I said once before, I hope he doesn't owe any of his platoon members any money!

Do you think anyone at the Pentagon would lose sleep if his execution helped ensure that EVERYONE did their job. It would be one of those fuzzy 'force multiplier' thingies they love to sell to Congress.

Minkswhile and thusly, we have plenty of United States Marines already faithfully doing their jobs.

We all have a knowing laugh and chuckle when hrscowboy suggested that he would attack the enemy with a tiny can opener if that was all he had. But it's true.

Once in MCLB Albany a young logistics L/Cpl said the Corps couldn't fight without the 04 field. An Amtrac Sergeant immediately slammed him with, "F*ck you, we'd kill them with rocks if we'd have to."

260+ million Americans, and we are but the Few and the Proud.

They give us the toughest jobs. Plowing through the heart of Saddam's forces while the Army takes a leisurely left flank maneuver. And who is on the cover of every newspaper draping a United States Flag on THE statue of Saddam, one of our own Brothers!

When the new Iraqi coalition government finally had the b*lls to clear out Fallujah, they send us in as the spear head with the Army struggling to keep up flank security.

If it takes the death of Cpl. Wassef Ali Hassoun to show our supportive Army and National Guard troops that this freakin' serious business, so be it.

Our Commander in Chief now has the mandate to finish this business in Iraq. Every Swingin' D*ck will do his or her duty to make sure that this happens. He counts on that, and we will deliver, whether its a 2k JDAM or hrscowboys P-38!

Semper Fidelis! :marine:

hrscowboy
12-12-04, 02:48 AM
yeah and dont you all forget it i am a bad man with my p-38 ....

TRLewis
12-12-04, 09:03 AM
I say we drop all charges. <br />
<br />
Then send him under guard back to his old unit. 1-8 months someone will be releasing a statement about how dangerous it is in Iraq. And I'm sure they can find some Iraqi...

Sgt. Smitty
12-20-04, 01:56 PM
IF he wanted to go see his friggin family so bad then dishonorably discharge the ******* and deport him back to where he came from. Close our damned borders to immigration and weed out all the...