PDA

View Full Version : tigger update

marinemom
12-09-04, 06:29 AM
Once more the phone rang at 0-dark hundred - tigger calling from Fallujah with an update - the unit is still going door to door in the city - still finding "gift packages" scattered around the area ( his term) and occasionallly finding folks hiding.

Then tells me that his unit was the one that found the chemical lab - not good for my nerves.

The biggest complaint from his unit - hard to find a way to get laundry done due to the water problems - and the other was that reporters are getting into the area - " I think we all hate CNN and the other guys trying to get to us on a daily basis" - and "I really need a haircut bad, I've got hair like the Army".

Said that packages and cards are coming to the unit from folks all over the country through that Support the Troops project - candy canes in some, hard candy, cookies and other goodies and the guys are really appreciative big time. Some packages have also come from England and Australia .

Every Marine has gotten cards and good wishes, and the kid says this is a huge moral builder...especially since the scuttlebut is that thay are not going home in January - probably not until March.

Also said to wish all you guys a happy holiday season. so I am doing that.

thedrifter
12-09-04, 06:48 AM
Thanks for Sharing

Great to see that they are in good spirits...

Our Prayers and Thoughts are with them

God Bless

Ellie

Osotogary
12-09-04, 07:42 AM
Big time thanks for the update. I know that it's scuttlebutt but it kind of jives with the scuttlebutt about possible deployments from this side of the world. Take care of yourself.

mrbsox
12-09-04, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the update AND good news mm. You may rest assured, that he is in good hands.
It sounds like his head is on straight and tight. If he's got time to worry about his hair cut, that means they have some down time.

As always, my prayers are with you and him, and all in harms way.

'May the Lords peace be with you as you worry for him, and his brothers. May you rest assured that the mantle of right and truth will guard him in his actions.'

Terry

yellowwing
12-09-04, 08:00 AM
"I really need a haircut bad, I've got hair like the Army". LMAO, your Marine truly has the heart of a Warrior! Would you mind if I think of him as Tiger rather than that other word? ;)

rockhopper
12-09-04, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the update! My family's prayers are with you and your family this season!

DSchmitke
12-09-04, 10:40 AM
Thanks for sharing Marinemom

Alan Hall
12-09-04, 10:48 AM
Hey Mom,my son goes in January the American Legion I belong to has donated alot of supplies we sent to Iraq.A friend of mine's son got hit a while back but is back with his unit doing good.I dread seeing my son go but I am really proud of these men & women.

Toby M
12-09-04, 10:54 AM
And they say Marine's are tough...they ain't nothing compaired to wives and moms...My hat's off to you ladies for holding up so well and giving us hope and a light at the end of the tunnel!

Namvet67
12-09-04, 11:20 AM
Toby M...don't you wish we had this kind of support back in our days. What if......

Toby M
12-09-04, 01:44 PM
Amen gbudd...

jinelson
12-09-04, 02:37 PM
gbudd and TobyM I like to think that its the way it is today because us Nam vets have made the commitment that no other Marines and the other branches would never ever have to endure what we did. My prayers are out for tigger and all our other brave warriors serving in harms way.

Semper Fi
Jim

marinemom
12-09-04, 05:04 PM
Gentlemen, tigger is a 3rd generation Marine - and I did my part from 66 through 72, and I understand the commitment made by you Nam vets....and so does he.

The Honor, Courage and Commitment of this generation of Marines is the same as yours.

HardJedi
12-09-04, 08:52 PM
Thanks For the Update mom. Glad to here he is doing well. As for those rumors, ya know, it never failed, people EVERYWHERE but the units I was in always knew more about what was going on than us. even the GAS STATION attaendants on GUAM! LOL

jinelson
12-11-04, 12:22 PM
Thanks mom you have much to be proud of.