PDA

View Full Version : Aiding and Comforting the Enemy

thedrifter
12-07-04, 06:28 AM
Tommy Thompson - Aiding and Comforting the Enemy

December 6, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Jim Manion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tommy Thompson resigned as Secretary of Health and Human Services. But in his self indulgent resignation speech, Thompson provided vital information to our enemies. So vital in fact that his words invite an attack on the United States directed at what Thompson told the world was a weakness in our system.

Thompson made the following inexplicable statement: "For the life of me, I cannot understand why the terrorists have not attacked our food supply because it is so easy to do." What?

It took no less than the President of the United States to respond to Thompson's invitation to terror. Despite our President's attempts to downplay Thompson's comments, Thompson left a trail of bread crumbs for our enemies.

No, he did more than that. Thompson informed the terrorist community of an as of now unknown weakness in our security. And this modern day traitor invited those who hate the United States to "come and get it".

I can come up with no explanation as to why a man trusted by our government would aid terrorists. It matters not that he did this consciously or unconsciously. He did it, and he put the entire nation at risk.

How would you like your neighbor telling an audience that included burglars that he knows that John Smith at 1111 Main Street, Anywhere USA was loaded with easily fenced items and left his back door open while he worked between the hours of 7 AM and 6 PM?

Tommy Thompson by his last pompous act as an outgoing Cabinet member has exposed the entire nation to extreme risk. It is time for the federal government to focus on behavior that aids and abets terrorists. regardless of where that behavior emanates. Tommy Thompson's loose lips may lead to the death of many US citizens. The man needs to be called on the carpet, and if necessary, prosecuted.

Frankly, Thompson's statements are inexcusable. Let's let a grand jury decide what happens next.

Jim Manion

Jim Manion is a freelance writer, and a retired Major in the US Army Reserves Military Police Corps, and is an Honors Graduate of the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College. Mr. Manion now runs a small business in the heartland after practicing law for 24 years.

Ellie

IceMan4588
12-07-04, 09:31 AM

Nagalfar
12-07-04, 09:57 AM
I have often wondered why they spotlight our weaknesses, are they really that stupid? or am I missing something? at times it is almost like they are daring our enemies to strike us where we are weakest, and giving them a map to do it with.. all I can say, if they had a real boss, he would have them spending time in the greybar hotel for running their mouths like that.

Osotogary
12-07-04, 11:49 AM
As long as a terrorist acts don't happen in their neighborhoods or affect any of their loved ones most people, at least it seems that way, couldn't give a rats patooee what happens.
There always seems to be a safe haven for criticism, general apathy, righteous but inactive concern and a basic general lack of security related common sense when one isn't being attacked or never has been attacked. It's like a lull or a total disregard of awareness. Folks really do need to wake up.