PDA

View Full Version : Contract PFC before boot, its worth it

Cole11
12-06-04, 06:01 PM
Poolees-

I want to encourage all Poolees to try to get contract PFC before they ship to boot. I had 3 referalls before I left, and as I said in another post, it was from simply talking to everyone I could, getting contract PFC, puts you ahead of your peers in that you have more time in grade and will pick up Lance Corporal faster, also, you make more money, its all together a good thing to do, try to talk to your recruiters and get tips from him.

0300poolee
12-06-04, 09:24 PM
if for some reason i cant get two referrals before bootcamp what can i do during bootcamp to get PFC

LivinSoFree
12-06-04, 10:34 PM
Bust your tail and get honor grad. Don't think that honor grad comes just from doing well individually. I have a buddy who just graduated who was the honor grad who only shot a marksman, qualed a CWS3, and ran a mediocre PFT. Turns out that he was locked on enough and enough of a leader to be able to graduate as the honor grad despite the numbers, at least in the eyes of his Senior Drill Instructor.

Cole11
12-07-04, 05:26 PM
there are several different billets that promote the holders upon graduation, example squadleaders, guide, scribe, lay leaders...etc it all depends on the Senior Drill Instructor and who he wants to promote....Semper Fi

0300poolee
12-07-04, 08:49 PM
does the senior pick the guides and squadleaders, if so does he base them on physical ability or by leadership quality?

rockhopper
12-07-04, 09:56 PM
Yes, the Senior DI will ultimately place the recruits in the various roles.

You'll be judged in all facets. A Marine is a package deal: leadership, physical strength, mental toughness, dependability, initiative, knowledge... kick ass on all fronts, and you will be recognized.