PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Cards, anyone?

Sparrowhawk
12-05-04, 10:32 PM
It's not like me, but, maybe I can get Jerry to foot the bill, (the postage cost more then the card,) but if anyone of you would like to send me ur address via email, I'll exchange or send you a Christmas Card.

Bought a bunch of them at the dollar store...at half discount. Lol

Sparrowhawk@email.com

http://marines.bizland.com/cards.jpg

nc.gal
12-05-04, 10:35 PM
are you enclosing a pic of you and family?

Sparrowhawk
12-05-04, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by nc.gal
are you enclosing a pic of you and family?

our house, and enclosed them with our cards this year, but one daughter, did not have her hair combed , the other just got up and didn't have her make up on, the other had to go to work, the other two and wife were ready.

Women, who can understand them, I planned the picture with at least two hours advanced notice!!

lol

Cook

thedrifter
12-05-04, 10:54 PM
No inspection Cook..Your falling behind Marine .LOL;)

Ellie

marinemom
12-06-04, 05:06 AM
Cook, instead of sending cards to us - how about I send you some postage money and you get them out to our boys in Iraq - spread some holiday wishes to those who stand on the wall and let us enjoy our Christmas.

Sparrowhawk
12-06-04, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by marinemom
Cook, instead of sending cards to us - how about I send you some postage money and you get them out to our boys in Iraq - spread some holiday wishes to those who stand on the wall and let us enjoy our Christmas.

Already sending cards to the Marines overseas in harms way, that I know.

The military will not deliever any cards to servicemen that are not addressed to them personally.

Just kidding about the postage and buying them at Dollar tree, I will be more then glad to add Marine friends and those I have met here at leatherneck.com to my Christmas Card Mailing.

Family knows I am sending out Christmas Cards out to Marine friends this year. First time ever, even those I served with in Nam, guess it's all part of the healing process.

If you like, just pm me, here at leatherneck.com your address.

Semper Fi

Cook

nc.gal
12-06-04, 03:55 PM
HEY SPARROWHAWK, HOW MANY SIGNED UP FOR
YOUR MAILING LIST?

no names,please.

nc.gal

Sparrowhawk
12-07-04, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by nc.gal
HEY SPARROWHAWK, HOW MANY SIGNED UP FOR
YOUR MAILING LIST?

no names,please.

nc.gal

NC. Gal, my secretary and I send out 43 Christmas Cards to Marines yesterday, and I have four so far today, but yours was the only one I send that was an X-rated Christmas Card... LOL

Sparrowhawk
12-07-04, 02:31 PM
So, my secretary and I went looking for Christmas cards to send to Marines in Iraq.

"Hoping the best for you in this Christmas Season, Joy to the World, May this Christmas bring you something special to remember..."

All those sentiments written on Christmas Cards just didn't seem right to send to them.

We finally found a box that reads;

"Like Treasured Ornanments thoughts of Special People in our lives brighten the season and warm our hearts,"

next year I'll design our own...

If anyone of you all have loved ones there that would like me to send them a card, pm me their address here and it'll be on its way, if you'll like I'll even enclose a pic of my secretary with it..

Humm, I wonder if I can get a pic of her without her knowing it, she's single, a pretty blue eyes lady, don't know why she's working for me though...... LOL

nc.gal
12-10-04, 10:54 AM
Hey, Sparrowhawk, got your x-rated card--enjoyed it.

Your x-rated card went out today.

nc.gal

:D

Sparrowhawk
12-10-04, 11:15 AM
After working for me for awhile and getting to know some of the Marines I correspond with, my secretary is interested in sending Christmas Cards and or writing to Marines in Harms way as a way of...

femalemarine_89
12-12-04, 01:28 PM
Got your card yesterday Cook. It was very nice.. Thank you so much.. Yours is on its way..

grayshade
12-15-04, 05:10 PM
I don't get Christmas cards, nobody loves me. I think I'll just booze it up, Happy Hannukuh and abudanzah y'all.

Sparrowhawk
12-15-04, 05:31 PM
you didn't get my card, hummm,

I did all the things I always did when I wrote a letter.. of course hadn't done any letter writing since Nam, we didn't need stamps then so I wrote "FREE" on the top of the envelope like we were told to do in nam.

Can't understand why you didn't get it.....

Humm, maybe we should all email you an electronic Christmas Card... LOL

mines on it's way

Sparrowhawk
12-15-04, 05:39 PM
http://img.123greetings.com/thumbs/edec_c_fun_humor/8540-011-04-1027.gif (http://www.123greetings.com/events/christmas/fun/humor/humor3.html)
GRAYSHADE: CLICK ME, CLICK ME

grayshade
12-15-04, 05:40 PM
Electronic Christmas Cards? What will they think of next? The guy down the street said there was no Santa and that the post office just destroys my letters to the big guy. Maybe I should e-mail him.

Sparrowhawk
12-15-04, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by grayshade
Electronic Christmas Cards? What will they think of next? The guy down the street said there was no Santa and that the post office just destroys my letters to the big guy. Maybe I should e-mail him.

THERE's NO SANTA?

bite your tongue,,,,,, there has to be one..

For years someone had been leaving a small Christmas present for me on my front door on Christmas Eve and I always wondered who it was, figured it was Santa, until last July I found out that it was the lady from across the street.

Nice young woman, mid-forties, very friendly, married but very quite, doesn't come out of her house much, when she does speak to me (when her husbands not around) she talks as if we are old friends...

Maybe I'll send them a Christmas Card. Might even put a stamp on the envelope, to be nice.

Of course if I send it postage Due, it might be more memorable to them...

grayshade
12-17-04, 06:34 PM
Hey, Sparrow, thanks for the e-card by the way. It was really quite cute and joyous. Somebody does love me...(Academy award cry scene) (After eyes dry) Happy Holidays, Brother.
;)

femalemarine_89
12-19-04, 03:16 PM
awww gray i dont have an email addy or addy to send a card:(.. but there is a Santa.. I saw him with my own two eyes. (wink)

grayshade
12-27-04, 05:23 PM
Hey there, 89. Yeah, I know there is a jolly old elf out there. Too late for the card,but if ya wanna send one any way these are my addresses.

Grayshade0311@hotmail.com
Eddie Gray
P.O. Box 1311
Lame Deer, Mt 59043

Thanks for the concern and the sentiments, luv ya:)

femalemarine_89
12-27-04, 08:00 PM
your card is coming in the mail.. being sent out first thing in the morning.. sorry its going to be late.. but well late than never.. take care...

grayshade
01-03-05, 05:45 PM
I've gotten the card a couple days back, outstanding. Thanks a bunch, 89. I got two X-mas cards, well, the other was accidentally put into my box so I had to give it back. You win some, you lose some. I spent Christmas in the hospital, had an ATV accident, not pretty. Talk about one of the loneliest days in my life. The only other person I saw other than my reflection was a nurse that brought me a candycane and some hot cider before she got off shift. That was nice. :yes:

Sparrowhawk
01-03-05, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by grayshade
I got two X-mas cards, well, the other was accidentally put into my box so I had to give it back.

I would have kept that card and forward my card to them. Let them figure it out.. LOL