PDA

View Full Version : Christmas

Underleft
12-05-04, 03:13 PM
Alright I need some help. I have been trying to figure out what to get my Grandfather for christmas. I can't just get him some USMC Hat or somthing. I'm sure he has a million of those. So just what do you get an Old Devil Dog for christmas that will mean somthing special?

Thanks in advance.

Osotogary
12-05-04, 03:54 PM
This might sound goofy but I have heard of this being done before. If your Grandfather has in his possession an old pair of Marine Corps boondockers....have the them bronzed and mounted on a nice piece of wood. If you can, re create his Dog tags and place the on the wood.

onlyamarine
12-05-04, 06:08 PM
Well it is a season for giving, but it is also a season to recognize family. While in the Marines, I spent 4 Christmas' without my biological family in the same place of where I was. I had my Marine Family, which was great, but it made me understand that I took my family for granted when times like this came. One of the greatest things you could do spend the time with him. If you would like to go beyond that gift of your company, this is what you should do.

Go and look for a K-Bar and put it on a plak with his name, rank, years served engraved in the blade. If you know the ribbons and medals he earned, you could have them placed on the outer plak.
Have Honor, Courage, and Committment engraved on the wooden portion of it.

P. S. Print off a copy of the Marine Corps Birthday Speech.