PDA

View Full Version : Article written my my Father

femalemarine_89
12-05-04, 12:42 PM
Pay Tribute to our unsung heros..

Dear Editor:
I think it is about time to pay tribute to the unsung heroes of th is great nation.
I am thinking about all the women who gave birth and raised our children while we were gone. The ones who worked in factories to produce the material so this great nation could survive and go home to take care of our children.
All the letters they wrote their men saying everything was all right but in truth didn't have food to properly feed the children let alone herself, but they didn't want him to worry. They knew he had enough on his mind. As a veteran I know how important a letter from home was.
After he comes home he is not the same person she knew but just an empty shell of a person. But she still loves him, works with him, helps him try to rebuild and understand him.
She shares his nightmares and knows more about the war than he talks about. Sometimes she wonders if it is worth it. But being the loving person she is, she sticks by him.
She loves him and helps him fit back into life. She turns the empty shell into a hard-working member of our society. I hope that there is a special place in God's arms and heart for these special women.
I think these women should be awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for uncommon valor in the face of unbelievable odds.

Written by Sam Letts. Sr.

Osotogary
12-05-04, 02:27 PM
Thanks for sharing. Your Father's sentiments are, I'm sure, shared by all.

femalemarine_89
12-06-04, 12:31 PM
Thanks osotogary.. this is something that he had written and had put in their local paper back home. He has written it since he has been really sick...

DSchmitke
12-06-04, 12:39 PM
Yes thank you for sharing. And hope your father gets well soon.

MillRatUSMC
12-06-04, 12:41 PM
He writes of a certain time...yet that could fit all the wars that we have or are in...it takes a certain type of woman to withstand the stresses and pressures of war and what the veterans suffer.
Now it might also include men because momies, grannys and great grannys are fighting in this war on terrorism.
Thanks for sharing...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

femalemarine_89
12-06-04, 12:41 PM
thanks DS.. i appreciate that.. you all on here have been great thru this rough time that I and my family have been going thru.. I really do appreciate each and every one of you... Thank you

femalemarine_89
12-06-04, 12:42 PM
My father was in vietnam.. i am not sure of the years that he was there.. but he did 2 tours over there. so he wrote that about his time that he had in the war. I totally understand what you are saying though Ricardo.. It is soo true.. I didnt want to embelish on what he had written though.. I just thought you all would like to read what an old vet has to say..