PDA

View Full Version : Need a Prayer

femalemarine_89
12-02-04, 05:06 PM
To all who reads this.. Please say a prayer for my father.. He is in bad health and they are not sure how much longer he is going to be with us. He has suffered for going on 3 yrs now. I am not able to go home and see him right now but keep in touch with them everyday. So please if you can do me this one favor..
Thanks

yellowwing
12-02-04, 05:57 PM
You got it Gunny!

vfm
12-02-04, 06:45 PM
Your dad is in my prayers Gunny.
Semper Fi!!!
vfm

femalemarine_89
12-03-04, 10:06 AM
Thanks yellowwing and vfm I greatly appreciate it.. you guys are great..

airframesguru
12-03-04, 10:16 AM
He's in ours.

Good luck!

S/F,

Mike

Namvet67
12-03-04, 10:19 AM
You got one from me FM 89

mrbsox
12-03-04, 11:16 AM
Incoming... :marine:

DSchmitke
12-03-04, 12:18 PM
On the way Gunny

femalemarine_89
12-03-04, 12:38 PM
Thank you all.. Its good to see people who care.. SEMPER FI ya'll

Timber
12-03-04, 12:49 PM
He will be in our thoughts and prayers Gunny. Semper Fi
Timber

snipowsky
12-03-04, 01:47 PM
You got it Gunny! Consider it done. My prayers are with him and your family. Semper Fi Marine!

Mike

OLE SARG
12-03-04, 01:52 PM
FM89 - Your Dad will be in our prayer and thoughts - God Bless

Ed

femalemarine_89
12-03-04, 02:10 PM
You all is what keeps me going when the things get rough.. You all are family to me and I do appreciate all of you.. thank you soo much..

Expert_Rifleman
12-03-04, 02:18 PM
I recite the Marine Rifle Prayer every morning... done it since boot camp... it started as a joke... and its just stayed with me... i have not missed a single day.... tomorow morning i will substitute a prayer for your father. SEMPER FI GUNNY

nc.gal
12-03-04, 02:18 PM
Just said a prayer for him now, do hope he gets better,keep up your faith.

nc.gal

gys
12-03-04, 02:22 PM
Our prayers are with you and your family.

Osotogary
12-03-04, 03:27 PM
Sorry for the late response. My prayer will now join the long line of well wishes and prayers for your Father.

Kalbo
12-03-04, 04:47 PM
I'll be praying for you and your father, God Bless.

hrscowboy
12-03-04, 04:52 PM
my prayers are with your family...

JAMarine
12-03-04, 05:17 PM
Good To Go WM! We're all here for you. You just keep marchin forward. We'll cover your rear. God Bless you and your Father.

BTW.... How's he doing? Keep up posted. There are prayers here to go around.

rich

femalemarine_89
12-03-04, 05:57 PM
Thanks all.. When I talked to my mom today he wasnt having a good day. he dont leave the house unless he has a dr. appt. He is on his oxygen all the time now. She said that when he was at the dr yesterday that they dont think he is going to be here much longer. I love my dad to death and hate to see him suffer. He has given up on the fight and he just wants to rest in peace now. He has gone as far as to write letters to all of us kids with personal messages in it for mom to give to all of us kids. Thanks for asking all I really appreciate it.

thedrifter
12-03-04, 05:58 PM
My Prayers and Thoughts outgoing...

Hope, Help, and Healing,

Be Very Near to You

God Bless

Ellie

femalemarine_89
12-08-04, 05:31 PM
update on father.. he is doing alright but they still say that they dont think he is going to be around much longer.. to be honest I think it would be a god sent if the pain just ended and he was able to go to heaven.. i know you probably think that sounds mean but i say that cause i love him

Sparrowhawk
12-08-04, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by femalemarine_89
update on father.. he is doing alright but they still say that they dont think he is going to be around much longer.. to be honest I think it would be a god sent if the pain just ended and he was able to go to heaven.. i know you probably think that sounds mean but i say that cause i love him

No, we don't think that sounds mean.

None of us like to see our loved ones suffer.

If he has made his peace with God, he may just be waiting for you and others to let him go, so that he can take that journey home.

Cook

femalemarine_89
12-08-04, 06:26 PM
Thanks Cook.. I have already made my peace with my father.. He knows how I feel.. He has made his peace with all that he had to.. Thanks for the input.. I really appreciate it.

rockhopper
12-09-04, 09:38 AM
You got it. You have all of my family's best wishes.

Sgtj
12-09-04, 09:45 AM
Gunny, I know what you must be going through I just lost my father two days before Thanksgiving, he had a short 4 month battle with cancer. I guess I felt the same way you do, I was upset, but glad to see him move on. He went from just over 200 lbs to 85 lbs at the time of his death. It was a horrible thing.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Gunny.

Take care and Semper FI.

Keith

DSchmitke
12-09-04, 10:41 AM
He's in your prayer Gunny

femalemarine_89
12-22-04, 08:11 PM
Thanks all for everything.. I thought I should jump on here and let you know that he isnt doing well once again. He has had some bad spells. He actually told my mom a couple days ago that if he gets worse or sick that he does not want her to call 911 or take him to the hospital. He said he is done fighting and just wants it to end..

nc.gal
12-22-04, 08:35 PM
My prayer is that your prayer will be answered by GOD,hang in there, losing a dad is terrible, I've already lost mine. Also remember, that when he does go, he will be in the arms of Jesus, and will have a perfect body, no more pain.

nc.gal

femalemarine_89
12-22-04, 08:47 PM
thank u nc.. i appreciate the nice things you have said.. i just look at it like this.. he will be out of pain, he will be able to do what he loves to do and well the gates are guarded by Marines so he will be happy

femalemarine_89
12-29-04, 11:21 PM
an update on my father when i talked to my mom this morning she told me that he went to the dr and that she told him that his disease is progressing faster than they anticipated that it would. she did say that the better part of the information was that he will never know when it happens.. she said that when he goes it will be in his sleep. so please everyone please keep him in your prayers.. Thanks to everyone so far.. you guys are great.

nc.gal
12-30-04, 12:44 AM
YOU'VE GOT MY PRAYERS. I WAS THINKING ABOUT YOU TODAY.

Osotogary
12-30-04, 04:30 AM
Prayers and good thoughts are on the way.

bigwalt
12-30-04, 07:44 AM
You and your family are in my prayers Gunny.

DSchmitke
12-30-04, 07:46 AM
You have a couple on the way for Sam. I was just thinking of him.
Take care.

femalemarine_89
12-30-04, 01:38 PM
Thanks all.. i really appreciate this.. its been a very hard holiday season here.. i call them everyday just to see how he is doing and getting an update.. he is trying to keep his sence of humor but i can tell when he isnt good, i talked to him less than 5 minutes this morning and had to let him go cause he couldnt breath and had to get back on his oxygen.. the signs are not good.. his birthday is tomorrow as well.. once again thanks for all your thoughts and prayers they are greatly and deeply appreciated.

david43844
12-30-04, 03:12 PM
My prayers are with you

femalemarine_89
12-30-04, 10:35 PM
thanks david i appreciate it.. and thank all of you each and every one..

jehouser
12-30-04, 11:32 PM
Done, Gunny! And for you too.
Semper fi and God bless.

DSchmitke
12-31-04, 09:29 AM
Tell Sam Happy Brithday Gunny...

Toby M
12-31-04, 11:27 AM
FemaleMarine-89, Happy Birthday to your brother and to steal a phrase from someone else, "take it one day at a time" and enjoy his company while he is with you. (Been there-done that but didn't buy the t-shirt...) Best wishes to you and your family for the new year! My prayers are also with you...

tedly1854
12-31-04, 07:16 PM
Will say some here Gunny! Semper Fi!

Arlene Horton
12-31-04, 08:47 PM
Gunny...being a retired R.N. who worked in the ICU there were many nights I sat with patients who were ready for their trip to the Good Lord. Often the other nurses and I sat with these patients and silently prayed for a peaceful end. It's hard to face it when your father is the one undergoing such pain. You can be sure my prayers are for your father and you and the rest of your family. Semper Fi.....and Peace. Arlene

FREEBIRD
12-31-04, 08:57 PM
My Prayers are with you and your Dad!!!

Keep the Faith!!

Semper Fie!!!

femalemarine_89
12-31-04, 10:59 PM
Thanks everyone.. I really appreciate it.. you all are so great.. your prayers are very much appreciated..

femalemarine_89
01-03-05, 02:30 PM
Here is the most recent update on my father. My mom had a very bad scare today when my dad was eating lunch.. She thought she lost him then.. To be honest from the sounds of things and the way that things are going I dont think it is going to be much longer. Thanks for all your prayers and kind words.. I will keep you updated as I get more information on my dad..

nc.gal
01-03-05, 02:34 PM
Will keep you and your family in my prayers.
I know it is nerve racking on the waiting part--just hang in there.

nc.gal

JAG5150
01-03-05, 02:52 PM
Femalemarine, you know that you have my prayers, all that we have to rely on is family and we are all one big extended family

grayshade
01-03-05, 05:21 PM
My hopes and prayers are with you and yours, happy birthday to your father as well. 'Life takes years of practice, but death only takes a few seconds.' Peaceful journey. I sincerely hope for the best, God bless.

femalemarine_89
01-03-05, 08:05 PM
Thanks to each and everyone of you for your kind words and all the prayers and thoughts.. means alot to not only me but my whole family. I have printed them off to send them home for my mom to read to my father..

TMM54
01-03-05, 08:23 PM
Add my prayers to the list, Gunny. Semper Fidelis, Tom Murray
SSGT USMC 1973-1984

Patdaly
01-03-05, 08:40 PM
May the Good Lord hold you and your family in the palm of his hand. My Prayers are with you

femalemarine_89
01-04-05, 10:25 AM
Thanks to each of you. Wish I could tell you personally but this is going to have to do. Right now I dont get on here like I use to. Guess been doing alittle tear relocation lately with all that is going on with my dad.. but once again thank you

DSchmitke
01-04-05, 10:29 AM
Just remember we are always HERE. Take care.

bigwalt
01-05-05, 02:43 PM
My prayers are with you and your family. Be strong and God will lift you through these trying times.

femalemarine_89
01-06-05, 09:54 AM
Thanks everyone. I called and talked to my dad for a couple seconds today. He never tells me the truth of how he is feeling. I then talked to my mom and she said that right now everything is about the same..

http://www.cazzoo.net/modules/Gallery/data/media/88/017.gif

femalemarine_89
01-07-05, 01:08 PM
New update on my dad.. Just got off the phone a couple minutes ago with my mom.. He went to the dr today and they said that nothing has changed.. So no worse but no better.. But all in all better news than have had in the past.. Thanks all..
Semper Fi

http://www.wtv-zone.com/coplove/Cops/trprcar.gif

grayshade
01-07-05, 01:23 PM
Good to hear no worse, bad to hear no better. I hope that sounded alright. I'm a little fluxed today. I think I still have my concussion.

femalemarine_89
01-07-05, 02:05 PM
Thanks gray.. Very much appreciated.. The way that I look at it right now is that with no change.. That maybe things will work out so he will still be around for me to go see this spring..

grayshade
01-07-05, 02:17 PM
Ahhh, a new beginning, the flowers, the birds, the sights and sounds. Maybe, lass, maybe.

JAG5150
01-07-05, 02:23 PM
Tammy, you know that you and your family are in my prayers, my dad is scheduled to come home today.

USA&CSA
01-07-05, 02:53 PM
I as well as my family will have You and Yours in our prayers Gunny. I to have lost my father 10 years ago (was by his side when he died) was very hard to let him go eventhough I know he was going to a better place with no pain.

Hope everthing goes okay.

Semper Fi!

femalemarine_89
01-07-05, 08:23 PM
Thanks USA.. I really appreciate that.. All the thoughts are appreciated.. You all help get thru alot of stuff.. Yes being a Marine I am strong, but its something that when it comes to your family its alot tougher..