PDA

View Full Version : Hail to the Senior

Cole11
11-28-04, 01:45 PM
Im making a post, to give credit to all the Senior Drill Instructors out there, mine, Staff Sargeant Ingle, was the one who really made me a Marine, simply by his example, he is, the finest Marine I have ever met.

jinelson
11-28-04, 02:21 PM
Mine was SSgt Largent Platoon 2218 MCRDSD 1967. God bless him and all other DI's they are the ones that molded us into what we are. They are the best the Corps has.

Semper Fi
Jim

LivinSoFree
11-28-04, 02:54 PM
SSgt Worley, PLT 3069, Graduated 06 August 2004 MCRDPI. Cockiest, most squared away Marine I've ever had the pleasure to know... and taught us to be the same.

SuNmAN
11-28-04, 03:58 PM
SSgt Cantu, Heavy Hat for Platoon 1008

I feared him more than I feared my SDI and the two other drill intructors combined.

MillRatUSMC
11-28-04, 04:03 PM
T/SGT M.C Caracappa USMC
Senior Drill Instructor
Platoon 302 MCRD San Deigo 1958
S/SGT A. Bicker
Drill Instructor
SGT G.L Armstrong
Drill Instructor

The lessons they taught us, are with me to this late date.
I left the depot as a Private but with the desire to advance up the ranks.
One thing about being on the bottom, there only one way and that upwards unless you're satisfied with your status.
Words of Maria De Marcial Gonzelez;
"Being poor, is no excuse for being dirty, lazy or dumb"
Those words have moviate me through life.
With education as the key to higher learing.
Some never get message, and will complain about how their life is going-bad in most cases.
Blaming everyone but themselves for their lowly status...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

yellowwing
11-28-04, 04:21 PM
SSgt Chemsak, 1064 MCRD PISC, 1983. I got to call him once years later and thanked him. He said something like, "You're the one that did, I just provided the training."

kentmitchell
11-28-04, 06:40 PM
Can't just credit my senior, S/Sgt. T. Husted.
Juniors Sgt M. Hill, Sgt. M Bray and Sgt McDowell all worked together to scare and work the hell out of us.
Hill used to make us pray for war so he could win a Congressional and get free beer at the slop shute.
Bray had this saying I can't forget: Well, eat my skivvies!.
Funny thing, when I arrived at my first post, W29 at Middle Camp Fuji in 1957, there was Husted in four-deuce mortars at the same place.
Ran into him on the main Middle Camp street and he treated me like a Marine. I was proud as hell.

Cole11
11-30-04, 04:46 PM
i also would have to give credit to my three other Drill Instructors, as I said before, my drill instructors were the best Marines I have ever met....

Senior Drill Instructor: SSgt.Ingle
Drill Instructor: SSgt.Noel
Drill Instructor: SSgt.Garcia
Drill Instructor: Sgt.Massey

I want to once again thank these men for making me a Marine

gilliegtst
11-30-04, 08:29 PM
SENIOR DRILL INSTRUCTOR SSGT STEPHENS SIR... now a gunny i think...

Toby M
11-30-04, 09:28 PM
Plt. 374, Gy. Rayner, S/Sgt. Hagood (resembled the Sgt. on Gomer Pyle) and Sgt. "Golden Tongue" Giddings! If not for Giddings, I wouldn't have learned people of other nationalities and races had "special names". (none generally repeated in mixed company)

cockscap70
11-30-04, 09:37 PM
Senior Drill instructor was Gunnery Sergeant Largent in 1969. Jinelson, could be we had the same drill instructor? The Gunny loved cigars, and was my pleasure to see him one more time in Vietnam. SF, Dale

DSchmitke
12-01-04, 07:23 AM
SSGT Ford 1976 PI Plt 3000 "H" Co.