PDA

View Full Version : Any advice...

eicyak
11-25-04, 08:42 PM
Hey, I leave for boot camp 20050606. I want to gather as much info about boot camp as possible before I ship. I am a female, so I will be going to Parris Island. If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.
:yes:

hrscowboy
11-25-04, 08:48 PM
Yep get ready for the Nightmares...

eicyak
11-25-04, 09:56 PM
lol
:evilgrin:

gilliegtst
11-26-04, 12:44 AM
well damn girl....you picked a hell of a hot time to go to boot camp...by the time your done, you'll have frikin sand flea bites from head to toe... them little *uckers get hungry...and make sure you drink plenty of water...i'm sure that wont be a problem, the DI's are really forcing that issue nowadays, i was a heater when i was there, got dropped back two weeks, so be carefull...and if you out of shape, start running now....you dont wanna be sent to PCP (pork chop platoon)...and i can't stress this enough...DONT FRIKIN VOLUNTEER FOR ANYTHING...you will most likely regret it...make sure you get plenty of sleep on the bus or plane or whatever it is your taken...cuz you wont sleep for about 3 days after that...other than that....sit back and enjoy the ride...its some fun frikin stuff...wish i could go back...a lot of good memories...

drillinstructor
11-26-04, 05:31 PM
what kind of advice is that? WE DONT ASK FOR VOLUNTEERS WE DEMAND EVERYTHING

PooleeWebber
11-27-04, 10:55 AM
Don't ever admit to your drill instructors that you aren't stressed out...I did it and after that they did everything in their power to stress me out and make my life hell! (I never gave in though. :) )

Namvet67
11-27-04, 11:07 AM
Yep...read all the previous posts about that subject. PooleeWebber had some good advise. Livinsofree knows the score. Get ready to rummmmble. My advise...pay close attention and do exactly as you are told. I hope you are already in shape. Good luck!

Angel
11-28-04, 12:02 AM
hmm alrite I won't be mean to you EIC.. Good Luck Hun!!

snipowsky
11-28-04, 05:24 AM
SOUND OFF, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT UNLESS SPOKEN TOO AND LISTEN CLOSELY! OTHER THEN THAT...

HAVE FUN IN HELL!

Old Marine
11-28-04, 07:50 AM
You will soon find that boot camp is more mind games and less physical. If you do not like to be yelled at and told what to do,this is the wrong place for you. Don't worry about stress as it doesn't come until you are sent into combat, then the real stress sets in. And, by the way, I do not believe in sending women into a combat zone as there are many billets they can handle in the states.

SuNmAN
11-28-04, 10:32 AM
If you wanna be the guide...don't volunteer. Wait till they fire a few guys 1st to get a feel for it.

I was guide for 3 days lol

drillinstructor
11-28-04, 04:38 PM
I would love to stress a female recruit. PUSH EIC DOWN UP DOWN UP...NOPE YOUR BACK ISNT STRAIGHT START OVER. GET UP GET DOWN UP DOWN UP DOWN...OH GOOD YOU WANNA MOVE SLOW MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS LEFT RIGH LEFT RIGHT...NO NO NO YOUR TOE OF YOUR BOOT WILL TOUCH THE HEEL OF YOUR HAND START OVER LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT FASTER EIC FASTER....INCOMING OH HELL NO YOUR DEAD TOO SLOW GET UP...OH I COULD GO ON AND ON LET ME STRESS YOU OUT PLEASE.......HAHA THE DI

yellowwing
11-28-04, 05:54 PM
(the infamous, "PT UNTIL I GET TIRED OF WATCHING YOU!") :(

Our Senior Drill Instructor motivated our Guide once by demoting him and placing our most Unsat recruit as Guide.

For a whole afternoon we had a little bald Danny Devito look alike as Guide. Thankfully our guidon rag was rolled up!
:banana:

gilliegtst
11-28-04, 07:31 PM
wow drillinstructor, that was motivating...i almost started doing that Sh*t here, i had a frikin flashback...fun stuff...so anyway, you know damn well...they ask for volunteers to do dumb sh*t...at least they asked me too....and i did...and man did i regret it...

Cpl G

eicyak
11-29-04, 01:31 AM
I will remember this, never volunteer, thanks.

DI, what do you think of this?
:bunny:

drillinstructor
12-01-04, 06:53 PM
EIC WE DO NOT ASK FOR VOLUNTEERS I DONT KNOW WHAT THESE PEOPLE ARE SAYING WE DEMAND EVERYTHING THERE IS NO CHOICE.

now if you make it to the fleet yes do not volunteer

eicyak
12-01-04, 09:49 PM
why?
:confused:

drillinstructor
12-01-04, 10:52 PM
becuz

yellowwing
12-02-04, 04:10 AM
LMAO! :) Except for the 1 hour of 'free time', where we had about a dozen tasks to accomnplish, we did not do anything unless we were commanded.