PDA

View Full Version : Another question...

noleafclover
11-20-04, 11:02 PM
I read on this site (or it must've been on usmc.mil) about this girl who was dropped from boot camp because she failed to qualify for the marksmanship. She entered bootcamp again later and passed with honors. (it took her a few years to enter again because she had a child and required waiver/s) My question is: what about those people who gets dropped from boot camp because they aren't physically ready/capable? Are they allowed to go back to boot camp after getting dropped just like that girl? If so, how long is the waiting process?

ramy
11-20-04, 11:26 PM
Why dont you get youself in shape now ?

If you leave soon and you are not ready maybe your recruiter can help you out some how..

Also, not sure if this will happen but they might flag you and if that happens you might not be able to get back in bootcamp because you didnt take it seriously the first time....

Everything I stated is what I have learned from other people. It might not be 100% accurate a Marine can probably give you a better answer.

Good luck with your PT

drillinstructor
11-20-04, 11:27 PM
hahaha ummmmm if you arrive here you will not leave until you are physically ready it is called PCP (physical conditioning platoon)
once you make it out of that platoon tou will be dropped to a training company and I assure you that you will not return to PCP Man I love the quarter deck ......hehe

SuNmAN
11-21-04, 04:41 PM
the quarterdeck is heaven compared to the dirt. At least the quarterdeck was shaded...thank goodness for small favors.

noleafclover, PT as much as you can before you go. If you go out of shape Drill Instructors will especially give you some extra IT.

I went in doing 12 pullups,100+ crunches and running 9 minutes for the 1.5 mile, and I still got ITed just about everyday...I've seen them pick out overweight recruits on a constant basis to degrade them and IT them.

ugh just get mentally prepared for a rough 13 weeks, but if you make it through, you will not have a prouder moment in your life.

yellowwing
11-23-04, 07:31 AM
PCP :( That was Purgatory. I only did 29 situps, just 3 shy of the required 32 for the Inititial PFT. That lack of preparation earned me and extra three weeks on Parris Island.

To add insult to shame, for some reason my Recruiter was on the Island and stopped by PCP. It was maddening. I could hear him but couldn't see him. Not Eyeballing was quickly learned.

I almost gave up in the second week, it was such a drag being put in with all those nasty fat-bodies.

Then a Recon Captain stopped by to tell us of his Medal of Honor earned in Vietnam. He had lost one arm and used a cane. His motivation and presence was tremenduosly inspirational.

I didn't quit and I didn't give up!

Namvet67
11-23-04, 10:06 AM
When I was in MCRD San Deigo they called PCP Fat Man's Platoon. I was in shape when I got to boot camp but I saw what was going on in the Fat Man's Platoon and now is the time, noleafclover, to get yourself in shape. Once you are dropped from your initial platoon you will get picked up by another platoon and a Drill Instructor who has your number. That means trouble for you. I wonder if anyone knows if motivation platoon still exists. I know CCU is still in place.

Sgt Morales, AM
11-23-04, 11:07 AM
Parris Island has a system where all the over weight recruits got their shirts painted. They are two white stripes painted horizontally across your chest. Our series Gunny gave us the chance to work hard before any decision was made to put any one in PCP or PORK CHOP PLATOON. I trained and trained before going to boot, but I was still over my limit. I build muscle easily, which weighs more than fat. When I left boot camp, I was 134 pounds and was 12% body fat!! I was a hard body!!! AHHH the good old days!

Pvt Drake
11-23-04, 07:38 PM
For most things, like not qualifying during a training exercise or failing the ist or any of the pft's your, dropped. Not from training, thats almost impossible, unless you try to kill yourself, but to another platoon. In the ist or pft failure's case they are sent to pcp. As for the unqualifyers, known as unq's, they are dropped to another training platoon, usually to the closest following company. However, there were some cases, as in my platoon, where recruits can be dropped back further in training to the second closest following company. In these cases they did something very wrong and the Senior Drill Instructor had say so in where they were dropped to. The recruit in our platoon fired a round about 30 seconds after cease fire on the range(VERY BAD).
A couple weeks later, our platoon just got back from the range and moved back into our original squadbays, and as we were marching to chow, we saw the same recruit posting as rifle watch.
Which means he was dropped way back. Becuase all your either a 1st phase or 3rd phase recruit if your at your original squadbays, and we were the senior company, so he was dropped about 3 or 4 weeks back in training.

I also failed to mention mrp(medical rehabilitaion platoon), You get a chest cold and are unable to continue training, you get a stress fracture, stuff like that, your dropped to mrp. We had a recruit, now Marine, who came from mrp and graduated with our company. He was on the island for 5 months, another for 6 months. So even with medical problems its very hard to get off the island. If your sent to rsp(recruit seperation platoon) your going home in about 3 weeks, but I don't know what quilifies for that.

I graduated on the 12, so all this information is fairly up to date, but things change all the time down there its not even funny.

yellowwing
11-23-04, 07:40 PM
The recruit in our platoon fired a round about 30 seconds after cease fire on the range(VERY BAD).
Ya' gotta be kidding! When I first read that, my jaw dropped and I 'puckered up'. Yes, Very Bad.

We had a recycled "pick-up" that was caught with a pouch of chewing tobacco out at ICT. It didn't take too long before the Drill Instructors figured out he had stolen it from the Series Commander's pick up truck.

He was drummed out with a Big Chicken Dinner!

Pvt Drake
11-23-04, 07:52 PM
He either had guts or was as dumb as the kid in my platoon, hell, we knew we were taking a chance when we put a cough drop in our mouth. <br />
<br />
But that also brings me to another point, if I'm not...

Pvt Drake
11-23-04, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by yellowwing

Ya' gotta be kidding! When I first read that, my jaw dropped and I 'puckered up'. Yes, Very Bad.

I'm not exageratting either, for some reason, after cease fire, the tower had everyone stay in the prone, and this numbnut was aiming in the entire time and finally fired. It took a while for all the recruits to actually realize what happened, it was so unbelievable. All grass week, we were grilled over and over about saftey on the range, but this kid had to be the dumbest person I've ever met.

lprkn
12-07-04, 09:14 PM
We had a guy in my platoon who stole a cellphone from the chow hall during team week (mess and maintainence week). We didn't know for quite awhile wether he was going or staying. The funny thing was, up until that point, he had been an exemplary recruit. In the end, it was the senior drill instructor who saved his bacon. The SDI chalked it up to an extreme lapse in judgement. He ended up with an NJP. They reduced his pay for a few months and took his contract PFC away. He graduated with the stitch marks from his chevrons that had to be ripped off showing on his sleeves.

TRLewis
12-12-04, 09:18 AM
Damn, I must have been in the outstanding citizens platoon. We had no fighting, no racism, and everyone was like a brother to all of us. If one of us could help the other it would be done.

Sparrowhawk
12-12-04, 09:27 AM
Same TR no fighting, no racism... <br />
<br />
when I went in, was that one guy tried to jump over the fence to get out, we never saw him again and some dummy got a letter with SWAK on the envelope. <br />
<br />
He had...

yellowwing
12-12-04, 10:42 AM
One of my favorite lines in Full Metal Jacket by Lee Ermy:

"There is no racial bigotry here, I do not look down on n*ggers, kikes, wops, or greasers! Here you are ALL equally worthless! And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers that do not pack the gear to serve in my Beloved Corps!"

I really don't think that Mission Statement has changed. Get Some! :marine: