PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Condoleezza Rice: An Extraordinary Woman Now Vilified By the Left

thedrifter
11-20-04, 07:12 AM
Dr. Condoleezza Rice: An Extraordinary Woman Now Vilified By the Left

November 19, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Sher Zieve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The life of Condoleezza Rice is the story of incomparable achievements and that of overcoming extreme obstacles. Born in Birmingham, Alabama, during a time of intense racist violence, Rice went on to join Phi Beta Kappa (graduating cum laude) and then to earn her Ph.D. from the Graduate School of International Studies at the University of Denver in 1981. Later, at Stanford University, Dr. Rice was a professor of political science (winning two of the highest teaching honors-Walter J. Gores Award for Excellence in Teaching and the 1993 School of Humanities and Sciences Dean's Award for Distinguished Teaching) and was then tapped for a six year tenure post as Provost of Stanford. Dr. Rice’s additional accomplishments, honors and awards (prior to becoming President Bush’s Assistant for National Security Affairs) are myriad. Suffice it to say, her achievements have been and are extraordinary. Therefore, it is equally extraordinary that this brilliant and accomplished woman is now being vilified and venomously caricatured by the leftist ‘mainstream press’ and liberal/leftist pundits.
The NY Times and other mainstream leftist publications are carrying vengeful cartoons that both discount Dr. Rice’s intelligence and exaggerate racial characteristics. This comes from the Party of professed ‘racial tolerance’. In past years as well as presently, it has become all too evident that the Democrat Party is neither tolerant nor kind toward those who have escaped its plantation to seek their personal and individual freedoms of thought and deed. With consistency and regularity, the Democrat Party demonizes Republicans. But, this relatively new denigration of Republican minorities is far worse than any I have seen and virtually screams to them that they are not allowed to have any independent thought that goes against the tenets of the Democrat Party. It also fires a warning shot over their boughs that if they have the audacity to stray from speaking the acceptable Democrat Party-line drivel and babble, they will be unmercifully attacked; in any and all ways possible. Dissention is not allowed and thought control has become a foundational ‘principle’ of the new Democrat Party.

Now that President Bush has nominated Dr. Rice to the position of Secretary of State, the Democrats’ ‘we’re-broadminded-and-charitable’ masks have been dropped. The true repressive and enraged nature of the, now, decidedly leftist Democrat Party is being presented to the public at large. President Bush’s recent decisive win speaks strongly to the fact that the voting public has begun to see the Democrats’ real faces. The Democrats’ behaviors, also, speak loudly that they don’t care what ‘we-the-people’ think. Thus far, they have not only refused to change their practices but, have become even more vindictive.

Dr. Rice’s confirmation hearings are bound to be heated, as the Democrats gear up to throw anything and everything possible (at her) in their further attempt to discredit her. But, throughout her remarkable life, Dr. Rice has fought much greater battles. She is an extraordinary woman with an unparalleled resolve and purpose. So, I guess it’s now time to place our bets on which side will win; the side of angry mob mentality or reason. I’m betting on reason…and Dr. Rice.

Sher Zieve

Sher Zieve is a conservative political commentator who firmly believes that if Leftists ran the country (left to their own devices), it would be the end of the United States as a sovereign nation. Sher’s articles regularly appear on Google, MSN Newsbot, US-News.Net, Useless Knowledge and other news sites. Ms. Zieve welcomes you comments and can be reached at: earthseed@iwon.com.

http://www.mensnewsdaily.com/archive/yz/z-misc/zieve/2004/zieve111904.htm

Ellie

MillRatUSMC
11-20-04, 09:24 AM
Dr. Condoleezza Rice
Little known fact...she enrolled at age 15 graduating at age 19.

Rice enrolled at the University of Denver at the age of 15, graduating at 19 with a bachelor's degree in political science (cum laude). She earned a master's degree at the University of Notre Dame and a doctorate from the University of Denver's Graduate School of International Studies. Both of her advanced degrees are also in political science.

All these below she earned by her smarts, they weren't a given;
Born November 14, 1954 in Birmingham, Alabama, she earned her bachelor's degree in political science, cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from the University of Denver in 1974; her master's from the University of Notre Dame in 1975; and her Ph.D. from the Graduate School of International Studies at the University of Denver in 1981. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and has been awarded honorary doctorates from Morehouse College in 1991, the University of Alabama in 1994, the University of Notre Dame in 1995, the National Defense University in 2002, the Mississippi College School of Law in 2003, the University of Louisville and Michigan State University in 2004. She resides in Washington, D.C.

It's sad that she under attack in Milwaukee, WI a shock jock called her "Aunt Jeminia"...by the above she not...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

ivalis
11-20-04, 01:32 PM
milrat, ya made one factual mistake, was Madison, not Milwaukee. Milwaukee is the home of the wing nut radio folks who call Mexicans "wetbacks".

Doc Crow
11-20-04, 10:35 PM
I heard about the guy in Milwaukee. I think Secretary Rice is just way to smart for these folks. President Bush had the most deversified Cabinet in History. Not only did he have more Minorities in these positions but Minority Women. I am willing to bet that no Democrat President had even close to what Bush had if they had any at all. If I remember correctly Clinton had none

MillRatUSMC
11-21-04, 12:16 AM
ivalis, I stand corrected, it was Madison instead of Milwaukee.
I went under the assumption that it was Milwaukee.
Because a police officer from the Milwaukee area post that the shock jock had called Dr. Rice "Aunt Jimema"...thanks for the correction...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo