PDA

View Full Version : Marine asks leniency for wife who plotted against him

thedrifter
11-18-04, 07:33 AM
Marine asks leniency for wife who plotted against him

Robert Anglen
The Arizona Republic
Nov. 16, 2004 12:00 AM

A Marine who was nearly killed when a fellow Marine threw a grenade at him last year begged a federal judge Monday to show mercy on the woman who helped plan the attack.

"Most people don't understand how I can stand up here and stand behind my wife," Chief Warrant Officer Houston Glass said. "She's a great, loving, caring mom who loves her children dearly. And her children love her dearly."

The attack, meant to look like a terrorist strike on a Kuwaiti guard shack, was the culmination of an affair between Wendy Glass and another Marine stationed with her husband at Marine Air Station Yuma. advertisement

Wendy admitted to authorities that she and her lover, Larry Framness, hatched two similar plots to kill her husband before settling on the grenade. On May 13, after both men were deployed to Kuwait, Framness led Houston to the guard shack under the pretense of needing help. Once inside, Framness found shelter and released the grenade.

Wendy, 35, who pleaded guilty in June, wiped tears and hair from her face as she spoke to the judge. In a tremulous voice, she choked out an apology and asked for the minimum sentence of 72 months.

"I just want to say I am sorry for the horrible decisions I made that caused so many horrible things to other families," she said. "My children will be without me for the best parts of their lives."

But Judge Stephen McNamee of U.S. District Court in Phoenix appeared unmoved by the emotional plea. Calling the case "unfathomable" and "sad," he sentenced Wendy to 87 months in prison and five years' probation.

"This is a terrible, terrible crime and a terrible set of circumstances," McNamee said. "This is another case that we are seeing these days where passion overrides reason."

McNamee reminded Wendy that if she had succeeded in her plans that her children would have been without a father. "You will have the ability to capture some of their later lives," he said.

Several times during the short hearing, McNamee seemed to suggest that federal laws prevented him from handing down a stiffer sentence for interfering with a military operation.

He said Glass attempted "to commit murder in a war zone by disguising it as a terrorist attack.

"It certainly caused absolute chaos over there."

The judge said he also took into account her cooperation with the prosecution of Framness, who received a sentence of 25 years to life in a military court-martial.

Despite extensive wounds and multiple surgeries that left him scarred for life, Houston told the court that his wife "didn't want me to get hurt."

He blamed Framness.

"I wasn't there to provide support for her," he said. "There was somebody . . . who took advantage."

But Assistant U.S. Attorney Sharon Sexton told the court that Houston was already arranging appearances on talk shows. She said requests to consider the children should be weighed by the fact that Houston is willing to exploit them on national television.

"His comments are somewhat suspect," Sexton said, asking the judge not to act "on the pleas of a man who, in my opinion, does not see things clearly."

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1116glasssentence16.html

Ellie

hrscowboy
11-18-04, 07:49 AM
hell with that burn all there asses

airframesguru
11-18-04, 09:00 AM
Ditto - Let'm fry

Namvet67
11-18-04, 09:57 AM
D I T T O

HardJedi
11-19-04, 09:50 AM
hell, I wouldn't forgive my ex for LYING to me. try and frag me, adn i'd do all I could to ask for the death penalty against her!

Sparrowhawk
11-19-04, 10:04 AM
Just go get another one.

With Sears and K-Mart merging, there's gona be a new field of womin to choose from.

LMAO

DSchmitke
11-19-04, 10:21 AM
Send her to the Electric Chair fry baby fry