PDA

View Full Version : Protecting our own

kentmitchell
11-17-04, 05:33 PM
Guys, we have to create a huge wave of support behind this Marine in Iraq. The petition is a start but we need to contact our senators and congressmen as well.
In cases like this, bureaucrats and brass wouldn't hesitate to lynch an enlisted man if it would appease that wailing Iraqi population. They're worried more about public relations than a grunt. Believe me.
We have to keep hitting them and reminding them that Marines, us former active duty types who are watching the current guys' backs, and those enlisted types of age are all voters.
If they turn their backs on the Corps, we'll send the Democrats back to D.C. next time.
Bush might not be worried about that since he's a lame duck, but those other guys are. They take feedback, especially letters (that's snail mail) very seriously.
Take the effort and save this kid. He's one of us.

Gung Ho MFs

DSchmitke
11-17-04, 05:49 PM
Concur

snipowsky
11-17-04, 05:51 PM
That's no lie!

HardJedi
11-17-04, 06:54 PM
I am in the midst of writing a letter now. I'll post a copy of it here as soon as I finish, along with who all I send it to, and thier addresses

hrscowboy
11-17-04, 07:27 PM
Wow i dont know how this happened but i was just informed my 75 year old mother and 5 other women are going to the state house in Topeka Kansas and raise hell with our govenor. all of these women have lost sons in the Vietnam war and there ****ed off over this young marine being investigated.

Sparrowhawk
11-17-04, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by kentmitchell
.... If they turn their backs on the Corps, we'll send the Democrats back to D.C. next time.

LMAO

Then for sure, we'll be in deep trouble, the Democrats would have the Marine apologize to the family for having killed the enemy and then they would pay restitution to the family and have the family on a CBS talk show to say how much the family has suffered.

<hr>

Send them this picture, and ask them to identify the man in the background that just walked up on this British soldier in Iraq...

"is he friend or foe?"

http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/IRAQ__.sff_LON114_20041117103709.jpg

greensideout
11-17-04, 07:35 PM
"is he friend or foe"?

Don't know, but he would be lifting that nightgown to show me that nothing was under it!

hrscowboy
11-17-04, 07:55 PM
hed be doing more than if i seen him..

HardJedi
11-17-04, 08:00 PM
I'd just say " HEY!, Nice of you to be in your buriel shroud already! "

hrscowboy
11-17-04, 09:29 PM
hahahahaha buriel shroud i like that one jedi

hrscowboy
11-17-04, 10:07 PM
make sure he gets a snuggie too