PDA

View Full Version : Who Got Sparrowhawks Beer Ration ?

jinelson
11-17-04, 09:17 AM
Cook, I swear it wasent me brother but I never trusted those dang squid seabees they always beat me and my Marines to the beer and soda stocks at FLC. I wonder if you could put in a claim for your lost rations, at the standard 13 month tour the Corps would owe you 792 rusty cans of rainier ale, pabst or fall flat and 792 rusty cans of shasta soda. LOL

Semper Fi Bro
Jim:confused:

thedrifter
11-17-04, 09:28 AM
I didn't do it either Cook.....:D

I wouldn't do that to You....;)

You shoot to Kill......:eek:

Ellie

airframesguru
11-17-04, 09:35 AM
Buuuurrrrrrpppppp!

Not me either man.

airframesguru
11-17-04, 10:19 AM
Your Genes Decide How Much You Like Alcohol
Updated: Wednesday, Nov. 17, 2004 - 10:38 AM

Kristi King, WTOP Radio
WASHINGTON - Some people think Scotch Whiskey tastes bitter. Some think it's sweet. The real difference is in each person's genetic make-up.

Your sensitivity to tastes is determined by genetics. A newly discovered taste receptor gene shows if you're a 'super taster' you might be turned off by the flavor of alcohol. Those people might drink on average two to three times a week.

Researchers now believe people less sensitive to bitter flavors, called 'non-tasters', may be more receptive to alcohol, and might drink five to six times a week.

"They should watch the amount they consume because maybe they don't have the sensory hindrance to over-consumption," says registered dietician Valeria Duffy, an associate professor in the School of Allied Health at the University of Connecticut.

"People need to pay attention to what their preferences are," she says.

(Copyright 2004 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)

Sparrowhawk
11-17-04, 10:31 AM
Looking to find a reference as to what they actually owe me, or find out that no good Marine that drank my ration.

So far I've been able to find out that;

Soldiers' rations during the Revolutionary War contained 16 ounces of beef, 18 ounces of flour, 16 ounces of milk, 6.8 ounces of peas, 1.4 ounces of rice, a sliver of soap for washing, a small candle and, to the delight of the soldiers, a quart of beer. While containing sufficient calories, minerals and protein, the rations lacked vitamins A and C.

When American soldiers fought the British in the War of 1812, they received a slight increase in beef, as well as rum, vinegar and salt.

jinelson
11-17-04, 10:48 AM
The normal rum ration which switched to beer in Nam was each Marine was to receive two 12 oz. cans of beer and two 12 oz. sodas a day. Demand your rights Cook you are the victim of misappropriation God help the supply clerk or motor T guy responsible.

Sparrowhawk
11-17-04, 10:51 AM
We were suppose to get two cans of sodas a day as well?

Somebody's gona pay......

Sgt. Smitty
11-17-04, 11:37 AM
Cook, better start with airframesguru, he sounds a little suspicious to me, know what i mean? LOL That sword is gonna look great in my display......thanks a million....Smitty......Semper Fi

snipowsky
11-17-04, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by airframesguru
Buuuurrrrrrpppppp!

Not me either man.

I'm with airframesguru, we have no clue what happened to it. Check with them Army guys, I heard they all got sticky fingers!

Belcccchhhhh!

Osotogary
11-17-04, 01:28 PM
I bet it has something to do with a red headed woman.