PDA

View Full Version : Desperate Housewives

Sparrowhawk
11-16-04, 07:49 PM
When are they going to air, "Desperate House Husbands?"

<hr>

ABC sorry for "Desperate Housewives" football plug

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The National Football League has thrown a penalty flag at ABC television, and the network has apologized, for its literal use of locker-room humor to promote the new hit drama "Desperate Housewives."

The network acknowledged receiving numerous viewer complaints after its "Monday Night Football" telecast opened with a segment featuring "Desperate Housewives" star Nicolette Sheridan seducing Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Terrell Owens in a locker room.

In the scene, which parodies her show, Sheridan appears wrapped in a bath towel and beckons the football player to skip his game for her. Although no nudity is shown, it is implied when Sheridan drops the towel to the floor before she and Owens embrace.

The camera then pulls back to show "Desperate Housewives" co-stars Teri Hatcher and Felicity Huffman watching the scene on their television and talking about desperate women.

The segment aired at the top of ABC's "Monday Night Football" broadcast of the Eagles' victory over the Dallas Cowboys, which aired live at 9 p.m. EST and 6 p.m. PST.

"We have heard from many of our viewers about last night's 'MNF' opening segment, and we agree that the placement was inappropriate," ABC Sports said in a statement issued on Tuesday. "We apologize."

CBS ran afoul of government regulators earlier this year for its live telecast of the Super Bowl halftime show in which singer Janet Jackson bared her breast.

The NFL issued its own statement criticizing the "Desperate Housewives" piece as "inappropriate and unsuitable for our 'Monday Night Football' audience."

"While ABC may have gained attention for one of its other shows, the NFL and its fans lost," the league said.

"Desperate Housewives," averaging nearly 22 million viewers a week on Sunday nights, has emerged as the second highest-rated show on U.S. television this season after the CBS detective drama "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation."

While the darkly comic series centers on the personal lives and sexual exploits of a group of female suburbanites, it ranks as the third most-watched show among young men in prime time, and has been promoted by ABC on "Monday Night Football" since the start of the season.

© Copyright Reuters Ltd. All rights reserved. The information contained In this news report may not be published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of Reuters Ltd.

11/16/2004 19:12
RTR

thedrifter
11-16-04, 07:55 PM
"Desperate House Wives...

I like that show.....

I was first introduce to the show by a Marine friend....;) :D

Ellie

snipowsky
11-16-04, 08:49 PM
Send those "Desperate Housewives" my way!

DSchmitke
11-17-04, 05:17 PM
My wife and I are hooked on seeing the show each week.

Doc Crow
11-17-04, 05:19 PM
Amazing how they have sterotyped certain individuals on this show. Most of the women they show are either sluts or nuts. When the wife and daughter watch it I go online can not stand it but that is me. Oprah had the Hispanic lady on her show and made a comment about well it has to be nice to be a rich hisoanic with a white gardner. Wonde what would have happened if a white person running a show like that said how does it feel to be white rich and have a mexican maid or gardner. The ACLU, NAACP, and any other group would have you off the air so fast

TracGunny
11-17-04, 05:38 PM
ABC sorry for "Desperate Housewives" football plug ...another tv "malfunction"? ABC is laughing all the way to the ratings bank...

grayshade
11-17-04, 05:55 PM
Thems desperate housewives can mosey, sashe, skip, run, or fly my way. Don' think I'll ever see the show, but I'll happily interrogate each an' every one o' them vixens. For Corps and Country of course, I'll take that bullet.

Doc Crow
11-17-04, 10:21 PM
Gray that makes me laugh

grayshade
11-19-04, 05:37 PM
Glad you enjoyed that Doc, Because I enjoyed every minute o' it, hours upon hours. Thems wimen sure are desperate, an' fiesty. May need the paddles here in a minute Doc.

femalemarine_89
12-08-04, 05:38 PM
I have never seen that show since it has been on.. Guess never thought it sounded good.. i will have to take ya'll opinion about it..

grayshade
12-08-04, 06:04 PM
Never seen it either, but what a title. Course I'm divorced, so I guess I got more in common with that show than I thought, damn it.

femalemarine_89
12-08-04, 06:10 PM
LOL

grayshade
12-08-04, 06:18 PM
Yeah, yeah, laugh it up, at my expense. Maybe I'll get it right next time 'round. Oh well, always a bridesmaid, but never a bride. Or ...the other way around, now your just confusing me. Happy?

femalemarine_89
12-08-04, 06:24 PM
I am not laughin at you hun.. I have been married twice as well.. the first one was a total flop but this time I got it right.. Got an awsome person in my life.. Didnt mean to confuse you gray.. LOL

grayshade
12-08-04, 06:31 PM
That's okay, 89, confusion is the warm blanket that keeps me warm at night. If we didn't have confusion we'd probably be running around blowing each other up.

femalemarine_89
12-08-04, 06:32 PM
HMMMM no wonder my husband tells me that he is always happy to be confused.. Hes scared of what I might do.. ROFLMAO

grayshade
12-08-04, 06:44 PM
Confusion is the caviar of humanity. You can tell I'm a poet.

femalemarine_89
12-08-04, 06:48 PM
you r good.. LOL

grayshade
12-08-04, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I know, just don't tell my ego that. Last time it got inflated I had to beat it into submission.

Osotogary
12-08-04, 08:25 PM
The show has got to be a parody.
If this show was produced and shown in Europe there would probably be a threesome, directly or indirectly ,and someone would be either shot or suicidal at the end. (The in betweens would certainly be tantilizing of course).
Stereotypes equal profit. This show is just an evovled dysfunctional daytime talk show.