PDA

View Full Version : Arabic, speaking man sets himself on fire in front of the White House

Sparrowhawk
11-16-04, 07:20 AM
Arabic, speaking man sets himself on fire in front of the White House.

While, crying out, "God is Great, the man set himself on fire.

Now if we can only get the other Anti-American Arabs living in America and maybe some liberals to do the same.

Heck, I'll provide the fuel, even at the West Coast cost of $2.59 a gallon.

Sf

Cook

<hr>

Man sets self afire outside White House
From Suzanne Malveaux
CNN

Monday, November 15, 2004 Posted: 9:03 PM EST (0203 GMT)

Compare Mortgage Offers
Get up to 4 free mortgage/refinance quotes or home equity loan offers now from 1...
www2.nextag.com

$150,000 Mortgage for $650/Month
Mortgage rates are at record lows. Save $1000s on your mortgage payment.
www.lowermybills.com

LendingTree.com - Official Site
Lendingtree - Find a mortgage, refinance, home equity or auto loan now. Receive...
www.lendingtree.com

GetSmart - the smart loan choice
Complete one short online form and receive up to three free quotes. GetSmart,...
www.getsmart.com

YOUR E-MAIL ALERTS
White House

Secret Service

or Create your own

Manage alerts | What is this?

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A man set himself on fire about 2 p.m. Monday on Pennsylvania Avenue outside the White House.

The man, whose identity and condition have not been released, was taken to a hospital for treatment.

"Members of the uniformed Secret Service responded and administered first aid to the individual until D.C. fire and EMS arrived," said Secret Service public relations spokesman Jonathan Cherry. "The individual has been transported to the burn unit at Medstar at the Washington Hospital Center. An investigation is currently under way."

The investigation is being conducted by U.S. Park Police, whose jurisdiction includes the property directly outside the fence surrounding the White House.

President Bush went about his regular schedule during and after the incident, said White House spokesman Trent Duffy.

One witness said the man approached a security checkpoint building at the northwest gate of the White House and showed a writing pad with the word "urgent" written on it. When a uniformed Secret Service guard asked if he could help him, the man began walking along the fence toward the guard.

Another witness near the scene heard the unidentified man yelling in Arabic, "God is great," several times. And several witnesses said a bag the man was carrying started burning, pouring out thick black smoke that enveloped him.

The man appeared to fall face forward on the ground in front of the gate security building, the witnesses said, and uniformed Secret Service agents rushed to put out the flames with a fire extinguisher.

The section of Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the White House was cordoned off. Secret Service agents evacuated the immediate area in front of the White House, including the North Lawn area used by television organizations and other journalists, while initial examinations of the man and his bag were conducted.

Sgt. Smitty
11-17-04, 11:44 AM
Let him burn!!!!!

DSchmitke
11-17-04, 12:15 PM
One less in the world....

Ed Palmer
11-17-04, 04:00 PM
I have an extra 10 Gal, s of gas in the garage that I can donate to some other
towel heads if they would like to go to a Bar B Q ,damn I,m out of matches maybe they will have their own

Doc Crow
11-17-04, 10:18 PM
should have just let him burn sounded like a waste of a good fire extinguisher to me

Sgtj
11-17-04, 10:24 PM
what was that diddy they drilled in our heads when putting rounds down range with the m249 SAW.

Die Mother F_ _ K_ _ Die

snipowsky
11-17-04, 10:54 PM
WE DON'T NEED NO WATER LET THAT MOTHERF**KER BURN! BURN MOTHERF**KER BURN!

Jon Taylor
11-18-04, 01:14 AM
Hell I woulda grabbed the makin's for some S'mores and a six pack and had a party

CAR
11-18-04, 04:44 AM
Plastic gas can: $5.00
1 gallon of gas: 2.44
1 match .05

Dumb a$$ arab on fire and NOT able to make it over the fence:
Priceless

Wyoming
11-18-04, 06:29 AM
Jon Taylor wrote -
Hell I woulda grabbed the makin's for some S'mores and a six pack and had a party,

OK, now we be tough.

Spent a bit of time in SE Asia in '66 and '67.

Crew Chief on a CH-46.

Trust me my young friend, bravado is one thing, but in actuality, once you are on medivacs or carry the KIA's in body bags, you'll change your tune.

I daresay, without even knowing you, that were you to have been there, the stench, sights and sounds you saw would, and WILL, stay with you forever.

A brash statement such as yours, IMHO, is purely and simply, reckless.

You need to change that tune when you stand with Marines. They trust their back to you and don't want to think you'll be looking for a coat hanger.

For the record, I have no sympathy for the dipshiz who pulled this stunt. Had I have been there, I would have moved on. The nightmares don't go away that easily.